PDA

View Full Version : wanting to swap evo engine(4g63) or 4g64turbo

sponcar
03-14-2009, 04:18 PM
well i know guys that i have to search and i have seen many post from people with same questions or at least similars but there's not tutorials from people who had done this project.
Can someone do tutorial for people whos thinking to do the swap as me...!!!
ok here we go.. one of my question is what u guys could recomend me to do!??!?
Swap a complete evo engine with a stock turbo that brings around 260 hp if im not wrong...!!! or install a turbo in my 4g64 block making some mods cuz i have been talking with my perfomance mechanic and he told me that we can put the turbo system from the eclipse...!!!
but here is the thing that i really want is to have on my 8G more hp and i dont know how many hp can i reach with the eclipse turbo system....!!!

which proccess will give me more hp...!!

PS: I dont want to kill my engine with big mods thats what i thought to get a stock evo engine..!!
-turbo system from the eclipse will be with around $3k

Boosted
03-14-2009, 05:39 PM
It depends on what you are looking for. Are you trying to run this at a drag strip or just add some more power? The stock 4G64 is very slow as I have already witnessed with my previous 8G. Also, the 263 hp is at the crank, not at the wheels. The WHP is what you will look at to estimate the power of the car. The 4G63 head with a 2.1 block can hold alot of power as shown by the AMS Evo boosting 51 lbs at 1100+ WHP. You can also try the 4G63 head with the 4G64 block combination. You could stroke that block to a 2.6L which will be able withstand even more boost and power. The big question is, how deep are your pockets? An Evo motor or head swap is not going to be cheap by no means.

sponcar
03-14-2009, 06:29 PM
It depends on what you are looking for. Are you trying to run this at a drag strip or just add some more power? The stock 4G64 is very slow as I have already witnessed with my previous 8G. Also, the 263 hp is at the crank, not at the wheels. The WHP is what you will look at to estimate the power of the car. The 4G63 head with a 2.1 block can hold alot of power as shown by the AMS Evo boosting 51 lbs at 1100+ WHP. You can also try the 4G63 head with the 4G64 block combination. You could stroke that block to a 2.6L which will be able withstand even more boost and power. The big question is, how deep are your pockets? An Evo motor or head swap is not going to be cheap by no means.

I know that I have to spent monet to have a fast car and my 8G is my daily car so thats why im not looking to make it for drag.!!!
well I found this link "turbo system running from 7-8psi and its not too expensive so no i would like to know how many whp i will have running a 7-8psi turbo on my 4g64!?!?!?! or will be as running my stock engine?!?!?!
here is the links... http://4g64.150m.com/turbo.html

Actually it doesnt sound bad to stroke my block to 2.6l but will i need a turbo if i switch the 4g63 head...?!?!?! and how many whp will increase with thins mod..!??!?! sorry for my ingnorance but i dont know too much about turbos well i could say nothing thats what i came to ask u guys...!!!!

Boosted
03-14-2009, 06:56 PM
You can run the 4G63 head without a turbo. It is just like turning the boost off but the turbo is still installed. You don't need a turbo to run a 2.6L Stroker on the 4G64. You can use the stock 4G64 head if you want. I believe you might be able to run 160 to 180WHP on a good tune with a 4G64T.

greddy
03-14-2009, 07:02 PM
^qnz is boosted and has right around 260 whp with a good tune on his stock 4G64 with auto, so there is power to be made

Boosted
03-14-2009, 07:06 PM
Yeah, there is power to be made with the 4G64. Alot of people underestimate this motor.

Stewi
03-15-2009, 10:50 AM

Be careful with the info your throwing around as it appears most of what you know is hear say. There is no such thing a 2.1 block. You achieve a 2.1 liter displacement motor by using a 4G63 crank in a 4G64 block with a longer rod and custom piston. You can also achieve a 2.2 by running the same block with a 94mm stroke crank from Magnus or K1. How can you say the 2.6 would be able to hold more boost and power? The displacement of the motor has nothing to do strong or reliable it will be. The fact is that a 2.6 setup in a FWD mostly street driven car will be a nightmare. If you run a small turbo it spools retardedly fast and you blow the tires off, you run a huge turbo and spool it later but then your redline is 7k so your powerband is crap.

Boosted
03-15-2009, 11:09 AM
Yes, there is a 2.1 block. It is an AMS Race Short Block. Look on their website at the Drag Evo.

sponcar
03-15-2009, 03:13 PM
so if U guys were me what u should do for the 8G...!!! i saw people who has 13psi and they are around 260hp..!!! im gonna look for the name of the member ima put it down later so what do i have to do on my galant to reach some power at least passing the 220hp...!!! more than the 92 vr4 engine the same as the eclipse gst...!?!?!?!

sponcar
03-15-2009, 03:43 PM
^qnz is boosted and has right around 260 whp with a good tune on his stock 4G64 with auto, so there is power to be made

u r right qzn was that one that i saw with 13psi...!!! it sound cool but what do i have done on my 4g64 engine to intall a t3/t4 turbo on it?!?!?

qnz
03-15-2009, 04:24 PM
what you need to do is slow down and read this:

https://www.thegalantcenter.org/showthread.php?t=35314

hehe

Da_silvagride
03-15-2009, 07:00 PM
what you need to do is slow down and read this:

https://www.thegalantcenter.org/showthread.php?t=35314

hehe

good point...hahaha. I am following your recipe! :)

Stewi
03-15-2009, 07:28 PM
Yes, there is a 2.1 block. It is an AMS Race Short Block. Look on their website at the Drag Evo.

What you are failing to grasp is there is NO SUCH THING AS A 2.1 BLOCK.

You can build a 2.1 ENGINE by using a 4G63 88mm stroke crankshaft inside a 4G64 2.4 liter block using a 156mm (I think thats the correct length) rod and a custom piston.

There are only two BLOCKS. a 2.0 liter EVO 4G63 block or a 2.4 liter Galant/Eclipse/Stratus/Sonata block.

dwjp90
03-15-2009, 07:57 PM
spell/grammer checking would help as well.

This is going to cost a lot of time, money and patience.

I think you need to slow down and research all of this long before you pay a dollar for any parts.

sponcar
03-16-2009, 06:19 PM
"qzn" i really aprssiate for u time to explain us and help to have an idea how this work..!!! so now I got a list what i will buy cuz my 8G is my daily car so i want to put turbo on it but i dont want to hurt my engine with too much power..!!! just pretty fast...!!
another question my engine still strong but is around 185xxx miles so what u should do if u were me in this case?!?!?!?

Stewi
03-16-2009, 08:41 PM
"qzn" i really aprssiate for u time to explain us and help to have an idea how this work..!!! so now I got a list what i will buy cuz my 8G is my daily car so i want to put turbo on it but i dont want to hurt my engine with too much power..!!! just pretty fast...!!
another question my engine still strong but is around 185xxx miles so what u should do if u were me in this case?!?!?!?

build the motor.

or, if you can gather cash fast, turbo the motor as is while saving money as quick as possible to build the motor.

sponcar
03-16-2009, 08:55 PM
build the motor.

or, if you can gather cash fast, turbo the motor as is while saving money as quick as possible to build the motor.

well I really want over 230whp on my galant but I want info how to built my engine as well as possible cuz I will use as a daily car doesn't mean that I will put alot of miles on it just go to skool and work..!! Without any problem..!!

bmore303
03-16-2009, 09:28 PM
What you are failing to grasp is there is NO SUCH THING AS A 2.1 BLOCK.

You can build a 2.1 ENGINE by using a 4G63 88mm stroke crankshaft inside a 4G64 2.4 liter block using a 156mm (I think thats the correct length) rod and a custom piston.

There are only two BLOCKS. a 2.0 liter EVO 4G63 block or a 2.4 liter Galant/Eclipse/Stratus/Sonata block.

I'm so glad you corrected that situation. ;)

Stewi
03-16-2009, 10:27 PM
well I really want over 230whp on my galant but I want info how to built my engine as well as possible cuz I will use as a daily car doesn't mean that I will put alot of miles on it just go to skool and work..!! Without any problem..!!

If you dont drive much and your goals are only 230whp, maybe you can find a low mileage good condition used stock engine, than boost that. Try to find something with under 75k miles on it.

spdracr
03-17-2009, 12:09 AM
stewi isnt roman boosted on a stock motor with over 100k ??

sponcar
03-17-2009, 12:10 AM
Ok then ur opinion is that u want me to look for a stock 4g64 to built a turbo on it!?!?

spdracr
03-17-2009, 12:34 AM
Ok then ur opinion is that u want me to look for a stock 4g64 to built a turbo on it!?!?

its better to have a low mileage motor boosted with your hp goal than a higher mileage one or as he said boost your motor and have money ready to build it once it goes

sponcar
03-17-2009, 10:47 AM
its better to have a low mileage motor boosted with your hp goal than a higher mileage one or as he said boost your motor and have money ready to build it once it goes

ok then im gonna save a lil bit more to get a stock engine so thats sound better and my car will not be sitting there waiting to build the turbo engine...!!! so i can take the new engine and built it and after done with it i can install it to my 8G...!!!

PS: Im gonna swap 5 speed transmission frist then....!!! as a first step...!!!

Serstylz2
03-17-2009, 01:13 PM
You could always get advice from TJ on how to boost it...!! . !! !!!!!... 1!!!!!

I'm not funny

sponcar
03-17-2009, 04:04 PM
You could always get advice from TJ on how to boost it...!! . !! !!!!!... 1!!!!!

I'm not funny

whos TJ?!?!?!

bmore303
03-17-2009, 04:37 PM

I'm not funny

Considering he drives a 530hp 8g daily, I wouldn't talk shit :rolleyes:

sponcar
03-17-2009, 05:46 PM
Considering he drives a 530hp 8g daily, I wouldn't talk shit :rolleyes:

im not talking shit i was just asking cuz i didnt get the message at the first when i read it anyways 530hp daily thats sick...!!!

RacerX
03-17-2009, 08:58 PM
Do you guys think swapping the head out for DOHC would be better than rocking out with the stock single cam? would compression increase or decrease?