PDA

View Full Version : Tire and Rim combo... whatcha guys think?

HungarianHunter
03-17-2009, 11:43 PM
So after looking and looking, I've finally made up my mind on what wheels I want.

I'm getting the AZUL Razr Gold Gloss 18x7.5 rims (the one's SleekGTZ has)

And Kumho Ecsta AST Tires, 225/40/18.

Whatcha guys think of this combo?

http://i138.photobucket.com/albums/q258/AdamThe1337/azul_razr_gld_2.jpg
http://i138.photobucket.com/albums/q258/AdamThe1337/ku_ecsta_ast_ku25_ci2_l.jpg

All of this, shipped, will cost my merely 813$
And here's my car for reference:

http://i138.photobucket.com/albums/q258/AdamThe1337/100_0049.jpg

Edit: Before clear corners

G_RIDE
03-17-2009, 11:49 PM
they'll look good but should get somethin diff make ur own style but thats just my opinion. u kno wat u like. gonna get a drop at the same time?

HungarianHunter
03-17-2009, 11:53 PM
they'll look good but should get somethin diff make ur own style but thats just my opinion. u kno wat u like. gonna get a drop at the same time?

Yea I can see how it would seem like I'm copying his idea, but these are the only goldish bronzish rims that are in my price range, I don't want to spend more than 1000$, and I'm not a fan of mesh style.

As for a drop, I want to do the front a bit, but that'll wait for a bit.

javi
03-18-2009, 12:09 AM
man thats a great deal bra! ohh and man if u like them 100%, buy them! even if sumone else has them, man buy them! ohh and...damn they CLEAN!

HungarianHunter
03-18-2009, 12:11 AM
man thats a great deal bra! ohh and man if u like them 100%, buy them! even if sumone else has them, man buy them! ohh and...damn they CLEAN!

:D yea man it's my car right? :)

I'll have em this summer :)

G_RIDE
03-18-2009, 12:16 AM
yea i feel ya man i aint really got the cash flow right now either so if u like em u can afford them then get em!

HungarianHunter
03-18-2009, 12:17 AM
yea i feel ya man i aint really got the cash flow right now either so if u like em u can afford them then get em!

:D for sure. I love the rims, and the price is amazing. I would have to be completely brain damaged to NOT buy them :)

showtime
03-18-2009, 12:17 AM
Do it. My Rota's will be here this summer

HungarianHunter
03-18-2009, 12:18 AM
Do it. My Rota's will be here this summer

Then we can go to that car show ;)

glantnation
03-18-2009, 12:26 AM
i think those rims will look really good on ur white g......But you have to drop ur car...stock height looks really bad with rims...

HungarianHunter
03-18-2009, 12:37 AM
i think those rims will look really good on ur white g......But you have to drop ur car...stock height looks really bad with rims...

Agreed.

showtime
03-18-2009, 12:51 AM
http://www.racinglab.com/rota-boost-0004.html

GOLD!

HungarianHunter
03-18-2009, 12:52 AM
http://www.racinglab.com/rota-boost-0004.html

GOLD!

Not bad, but I like 5 spoke better. And those exceed my 1000$ limit with those tires lol

dknight3
03-18-2009, 12:57 AM
sweet ive seen them in person they are nice.

showtime
03-18-2009, 12:57 AM
true story about the 1000 bucks, http://www.racinglab.com/rota-p1-001.html is what im getting but not gold, im thinking hyper black or bronze

HungarianHunter
03-18-2009, 12:58 AM
sweet ive seen them in person they are nice.

Yea? Good buy?

HungarianHunter
03-18-2009, 12:59 AM
true story about the 1000 bucks, http://www.racinglab.com/rota-p1-001.html is what im getting but not gold, im thinking hyper black or bronze

Then I can just have your current rims haha

showtime
03-18-2009, 01:02 AM
sure thing boss.

HungarianHunter
03-18-2009, 01:03 AM
sure thing boss.

For srs?

showtime
03-18-2009, 01:07 AM
srs?

HungarianHunter
03-18-2009, 01:09 AM
srs?

serious

showtime
03-18-2009, 01:11 AM
yeah man, I dont know when ill get new rims but if you dont have rims ill give/sell cheap to you

HungarianHunter
03-18-2009, 01:13 AM
yeah man, I dont know when ill get new rims but if you dont have rims ill give/sell cheap to you

Sounds like a plan

therev
03-18-2009, 02:54 AM
Dude those are hott, they look good on Spardavr's G, ( i think hes got the same ones) so that gives you a def look of what they will look like. But dont regret in the future saying damn weve got the same looking G, i want one of my own. For instance, i currently have a custom 1 of a kind AutoZone special! I purchased a new fender from a junk yard which came with a fender vent! im the only one with it on just one side! damn im bragging about one of the tackiest things i could ever put on my car, it'll be off first thing in the morning i promise! lol

So what im trying to say is, do what you feel right with just decisions knowing that you'll be happy in the long run. Good luck with your search brother. and if your search has come to an end and your heart is set, im happy you chose what makes you happy because like said before, its your car :)

~Gabe

HungarianHunter
03-18-2009, 03:01 AM
Dude those are hott, they look good on Spardavr's G, ( i think hes got the same ones) so that gives you a def look of what they will look like. But dont regret in the future saying damn weve got the same looking G, i want one of my own. For instance, i currently have a custom 1 of a kind AutoZone special! I purchased a new fender from a junk yard which came with a fender vent! im the only one with it on just one side! damn im bragging about one of the tackiest things i could ever put on my car, it'll be off first thing in the morning i promise! lol

So what im trying to say is, do what you feel right with just decisions knowing that you'll be happy in the long run. Good luck with your search brother. and if your search has come to an end and your heart is set, im happy you chose what makes you happy because like said before, its your car :)

~Gabe

Thanks man :D Yeah, it's been on my mind for a while, even before I got the Galant. The reason I want these is because of that exact fact, because they do stand out from the crowd, I mean chrome and black rims are so common, I can't recall ever having seen a car with gold rims in arizona, and I've lived here for 11 years :)

Plus, like you guys are saying, if I like it, I should get it :)

I think the white and gold looks amazing, SleekGTZ's car is proof of that, and the price is perfect for my budget :)

Thanks for all the feedback guys.

therev
03-18-2009, 04:12 AM
Hungarian where are you from btw? Arizona?

~Gabe

03-Galant-ES
03-18-2009, 01:48 PM
yeah gold rims on white cars look good if i got gold on my car i might vomit i dont know what others would do. I like the Konigs i picked up.

HungarianHunter
03-18-2009, 02:05 PM
Hey guys what do you think, what lug nuts would look best with the gold rims on my car?

http://i138.photobucket.com/albums/q258/AdamThe1337/js_lug_nuts.jpg

I've seen gold rims with rem lug nuts (can't remember who had these, anyone know?) and I loved it :D

I was thinking red because I know that looks good,
Blue would be a cool combo, but would really give a tuner, sporty kind of look to my car, IDK how well that would flow,
Black wouldn't stand out much at all
Silver would look really nice and smooth, as opposed to the red/blue "flashiness"
And then there are gold ones, which IMO, would blend in too much...

Whatcha guys think?

HungarianHunter
03-18-2009, 02:06 PM
Hungarian where are you from btw? Arizona?

~Gabe

I'm originally from Budapest, Hungary, but I've lived in AZ since I was 6, so 11 years now. Half my family (and gf) still live there, I see them every summer and winter break.

Reelax
03-18-2009, 04:24 PM
Hey guys what do you think, what lug nuts would look best with the gold rims on my car?

http://i138.photobucket.com/albums/q258/AdamThe1337/js_lug_nuts.jpg

I've seen gold rims with rem lug nuts (can't remember who had these, anyone know?) and I loved it :D

I was thinking red because I know that looks good,
Blue would be a cool combo, but would really give a tuner, sporty kind of look to my car, IDK how well that would flow,
Black wouldn't stand out much at all
Silver would look really nice and smooth, as opposed to the red/blue "flashiness"
And then there are gold ones, which IMO, would blend in too much...

Whatcha guys think?

DRONETHESURFBOARDS has red lugs on his gold wheels... but they are VOLK RACING forged 19's (SF-WINNINGS - each of his wheels costs more than your whole wheel tire combo) on a red G35 coupe. it would look stupid on your car since you have no other red. another car that had red lugs (on black wheels) was CALI's old white one... but he also had VOLK RACING forged 19's (SF-CHALLENGE); the lugs matched his custom candy red EVO calipers, candy red valve cover (EVO engine) and red SPARCO interior. point is, on your car, the lugs would look completely out of place and silly; and quite honsetly, you do not want to bring attention to those wheels.

just get silver or chrome lugs.

HungarianHunter
03-18-2009, 04:27 PM
DRONETHESURFBOARDS has red lugs on his gold wheels... but they are VOLK RACING forged 19's (SF-WINNINGS - each of his wheels costs more than your whole wheel tire combo) on a red G35 coupe. it would look stupid on your car since you have no other red. another car that had red lugs (on black wheels) was CALI's old white one... but he also had VOLK RACING forged 19's (SF-CHALLENGE); the lugs matched his custom candy red EVO calipers, candy red valve cover (EVO engine) and red SPARCO interior. point is, on your car, the lugs would look completely out of place and silly; and quite honsetly, you do not want to bring attention to those wheels.

just get silver or chrome lugs.

"each of his wheels costs more than your whole wheel tire combo" - Irrelivent.

Why would I not want to bring attention to those wheels...?

And what do you think of the other color ideas?

Reelax
03-18-2009, 04:55 PM
"each of his wheels costs more than your whole wheel tire combo" - Irrelivent.

Why would I not want to bring attention to those wheels...?

And what do you think of the other color ideas?

SLEEKGTZ's car looks nice w/ these because his car allready looks dope w/o them. they are not the focus of the package. the point about not bringing attention to them is that they are not especially nice wheels (whereas DRONE's and CALI's are). if you like them, get them and lower your car (plus size wheels accentuate wheel well gap on stock suspension). like i said, just get silver or chrome lugs.

krow
03-18-2009, 05:23 PM
Not bad, but I like 5 spoke better. And those exceed my 1000$ limit with those tires lol

Agree!

99 galant
03-18-2009, 05:25 PM
As you have seen on other white G's, the white gold combo is very nice.

SleekGTZ
03-18-2009, 08:59 PM
Hmmm, first time I've seen that gold rim. Looks really really nice. haha.

-----

But yeah, Reelax has a point. It's a good start, just follow it up with a drop and other stuff like JDM or something (its up to you). You can do it little by little just like what I did, and you'll eventually end up with that "total package". :)

-

Jeffylou87
03-18-2009, 10:51 PM
You'll look at your car when these are on and realize how much of a pimp you are.. Those will change your car.. Very nice choice..

HungarianHunter
03-18-2009, 11:56 PM
SLEEKGTZ's car looks nice w/ these because his car allready looks dope w/o them. they are not the focus of the package. the point about not bringing attention to them is that they are not especially nice wheels (whereas DRONE's and CALI's are). if you like them, get them and lower your car (plus size wheels accentuate wheel well gap on stock suspension). like i said, just get silver or chrome lugs.

Yes sir, the drop will be needed, completely agree with you there :)

Yea I'm thinking silver would be a lot smoother, your right about the red not matching, at all, with my car.

but

What do you guys (including you Reelax :))think about the idea of blue hub caps and painting my calipers blue to match?

Or just silver lug nuts with silver calipers?

HungarianHunter
03-19-2009, 12:00 AM
You'll look at your car when these are on and realize how much of a pimp you are.. Those will change your car.. Very nice choice..

Thanks man, I hope so :D

Reelax
03-19-2009, 12:18 AM
Yes sir, the drop will be needed, completely agree with you there :)

Yea I'm thinking silver would be a lot smoother, your right about the red not matching, at all, with my car.

but

What do you guys (including you Reelax :))think about the idea of blue hub caps and painting my calipers blue to match?

Or just silver lug nuts with silver calipers?

do you have discs or drums in the rear? lugs/centers to match your brakes are super easy and cheap to do later; if you still have drums in the rear, convert to discs before you start color matching stuff.

greddy
03-19-2009, 12:30 AM
silver lugs ftw, unless you're planning on adding a lot of red to your car

HungarianHunter
03-19-2009, 12:39 AM
do you have discs or drums in the rear? lugs/centers to match your brakes are super easy and cheap to do later; if you still have drums in the rear, convert to discs before you start color matching stuff.

Drums in the rear. Point taken and duly noted :D Silver it is.

HungarianHunter
03-19-2009, 12:40 AM
silver lugs ftw, unless you're planning on adding a lot of red to your car

Agreed :)

black_obelisk
03-19-2009, 05:56 PM
i like them. i think they would look good on a white galant

SleekGTZ
03-19-2009, 06:30 PM
Silver is also good. Check this out:
http://i26.photobucket.com/albums/c124/LilZane4621/DSC01533.jpg

More pics of it here:
http://www.newcelica.org/forums/showthread.php?p=4326738#post4326738

HungarianHunter
03-19-2009, 07:40 PM
Yea that silver IS sexy :D

I think I'm set on the gold though.

showtime
03-19-2009, 08:04 PM
gold or a gunmetal/darker color would look good too.

HungarianHunter
03-19-2009, 10:54 PM
I'm feelin gold :D