PDA

View Full Version : New gauge problem!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Get up off me!!
02-06-2003, 08:42 PM
I installed my ac gauges which I bought at their website, Any way I put them in and everything was fine. I even heard that noise everybody is talking about u know coming out the fuse box in the engine. Thats fine cause it only does it when my dimmer is really low.

Just yesterday My temperature gauge doesnt move but all my other gauges work fine. Its cold here in D_town tx. When I warm up my car my temp gauge wont move I have to literally tap the plastic screen in front of my gauges, then it will move up in the normal position.

Can anybody give me some advice!!!!!
I mean let me know whats really going on.

pinoyesv6
02-06-2003, 08:47 PM
there should be some double stick tape that came with ur guages. at least mine did. they look like a white sheet of paper with rings on em. just stick that on the back of the guages

Khopari
02-06-2003, 08:48 PM
umm try tapping the wire again,, like do it all over again see what happen,, you might have wire loose

Get up off me!!
02-06-2003, 09:16 PM
Thanks Im gonna take it apart and put it back together and put them ring s that dude was talking about..

Thanks Fellas

NRG
02-06-2003, 09:54 PM
Temp gauge doesn't move because your gauge face is popping up rubbing on the needle......It is obstructing the movement.....So you need to somehow find a way to keep the face down and flat......

This happened to me before too so I just taped everything down tight.....

Get up off me!!
02-06-2003, 10:04 PM
Yeah I went out on my break and problem solved!!
One more question how do u stop the bleeding Light bleeding is what I mean. I think I read somewhere construction paper will do the job.

pinoyesv6
02-06-2003, 10:06 PM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Get up off me!!)</div><div class='quotemain'>Yeah I went out on my break and problem solved!!
One more question how do u stop the bleeding Light bleeding is what I mean. I think I read somewhere construction paper will do the job.</div>

yea stuffing the cracks with construction paper helps. using that double stick tape on all the guages helps too