PDA

View Full Version : What do you guys think about these rims?

Russdogs
03-18-2009, 01:51 PM
http://www.tirerack.com/images/wheels/asa/swap/asa_ar6ci_mfaa_ci3_l.jpg

Was thinking about getting some rims for my 8G, was looking at these rims and wanted some opinions on it, in addition to these rims i was thinking of getting another set of Goodyear Eagle RS-A tires, if anyone has some advice or info, plz let me know...

HungarianHunter
03-18-2009, 02:22 PM
Those are badass, I approve :)

VegasMatt
03-18-2009, 02:52 PM
Depends, are they going on a stock G...what color..etc.

Russdogs
03-18-2009, 03:00 PM
yea my G ES V6 and is stock right now, i havent started anything on it yet, im looking to replace the shocks cuz the ride is too bumpy right now, someone told me coilovers are better but didnt explain to me why, i also want to get some JDM taillights and a new body kit, i like the lines of the galant so im not looking to add a body kit with curves like the cyber kit. Im always open for advice and opinions, so if you guys have any info, plz let me know.

Reelax
03-18-2009, 04:09 PM
don't like. those wheels scream cheap.

HungarianHunter
03-18-2009, 04:14 PM
There is one, and only one, question that you need to ask. Do YOU like them? If the answer is yes, then buy them. It's your money, your car. Nobody's opinion should influence you.

Reelax
03-18-2009, 04:30 PM
There is one, and only one, question that you need to ask. Do YOU like them? If the answer is yes, then buy them. It's your money, your car. Nobody's opinion should influence you.

yup. you don't have to listen to me, or any of us for that matter. but the OP asked for an opinion in the title of this thread; so there you go... but also take into account who gives their opinion, their knowledge/experience and what their car looks like, when weighing your options of who to take advise from (if you choose to listen to anyone).

HungarianHunter
03-18-2009, 04:33 PM
yup. you don't have to listen to me, or any of us for that matter. but the OP asked for an opinion in the title of this thread; so there you go... but also take into account who gives their opinion, their knowledge/experience and what their car looks like, when weighing your options of who to take advise from (if you choose to listen to anyone).

Right, knowledge and experience isn't the same as an opinion, really. Because if someone is knowledgable and knows facts about a topic, then that's information, which is factual. An opinion, however, can never be proven right or wrong, it's a preferance.

SO, of course you should probably listen if someone with those rims said, "wow these things are made from such a cheap material, this company is very unreliable" etc, because that's an actual fact that could be proven.

Do NOT, however let someone saying "these look shit" influence your decision, becuase that is not, at all, a fact.

:)

es_fact
03-18-2009, 04:41 PM
Right, knowledge and experience isn't the same as an opinion, really. Because if someone is knowledgable and knows facts about a topic, then that's information, which is factual. An opinion, however, can never be proven right or wrong, it's a preferance.

SO, of course you should probably listen if someone with those rims said, "wow these things are made from such a cheap material, this company is very unreliable" etc, because that's an actual fact that could be proven.

Do NOT, however let someone saying "these look shit" influence your decision, becuase that is not, at all, a fact.

a lesson well taught :) lol

Reelax
03-18-2009, 05:09 PM

ok let's review:

my opinion in response to the OP quiestion:

don't like. those wheels scream cheap.

now the FACTS:

according to tire rack:

ASA AR6

18x7.5
$189 each

1 Year Finish Warranty
Manufactured in China
1 Pc. Pressure Cast/ Shot Peened construction

now, i thought they were cheap before i looked up the specs; now i not only THINK (opinon) they look cheap, i KNOW (fact) they are cheap.

krow
03-18-2009, 05:20 PM
Personally I don't like six spoke rims (prefer odd spoke 5 or 7), but here is what they look like on a G.

http://www.tirerack.com/wheels/MiniWheelSearchServlet?nonWinter=true&partNum=AR6806AMF&autoMake=Mitsubishi&autoModel=Galant+ES+V6&autoYear=2000&autoModClar=&wIndex=4&grid=true&sw=1280

...you can change the color of the G once in the link. I actually don't think they look bad, but the G definitely needs Mods to fit the rims. I would definitely go with 18's.

99 galant
03-18-2009, 05:23 PM
I do like 6 spoke, but I am not sure I like those at all on anything. If you can make them look good, go for it.

showtime
03-18-2009, 06:02 PM
i am not a fan, but its your car

ricky_db
03-18-2009, 06:03 PM
they look ok

dronesurfboards
03-18-2009, 06:52 PM
They look like crap, looks like it belongs on a chrysler 300. get some used good quality wheels for the same price. I have no idea what people have against used wheels. All my used wheels are in perfect shape and thats 10 years plus running. Rays ftw...everything else can stay in a box. Thats my opinion.

HungarianHunter
03-18-2009, 09:20 PM
ok let's review:

my opinion in response to the OP quiestion:

now the FACTS:

according to tire rack:

ASA AR6

18x7.5
$189 each

1 Year Finish Warranty
Manufactured in China
1 Pc. Pressure Cast/ Shot Peened construction

now, i thought they were cheap before i looked up the specs; now i not only THINK (opinon) they look cheap, i KNOW (fact) they are cheap.

Exactly. So now he can use THAT as influence toward his decision, the fact that they ARE cheap, and not someones opinion. That was my point.

seth98esT
03-18-2009, 09:27 PM
They look like they should belong on a Chevy Colorado or SUV.

sponcar
03-18-2009, 09:28 PM
nice really good options...!!

glantnation
03-18-2009, 09:44 PM
those rims are pretty funky..sorry...i agree with relax they look cheap.

therev
03-18-2009, 09:46 PM
They arre cool, is that carbon fiber?

~Gabe

Jeffylou87
03-18-2009, 10:43 PM
I wouldn't put them on my car..

Reelax
03-18-2009, 11:21 PM
Exactly. So now he can use THAT as influence toward his decision, the fact that they ARE cheap, and not someones opinion. That was my point.

u r not very good at this.

review the title of this thread: "What do you guys think about these rims?" that is a question asking for an OPINION. additionally, your first response to this thread
Those are badass, I approve :) has nothing to do w/ offering any FACTS to influence a decision. so what was your point again?

HungarianHunter
03-18-2009, 11:48 PM
u r not very good at this.

review the title of this thread: "What do you guys think about these rims?" that is a question asking for an OPINION. additionally, your first response to this thread has nothing to do w/ offering any FACTS to influence a decision. so what was your point again?

My point, sir, is that he should not decide on, or against, a rim based on OUR opinions. Yea, it's nice to get peoples' inputs, I ask for them all the time, but what I'm saying is that what YOU think, or what I think should not make or break his buy.

Now, you proved that those rims are cheap in your previous post. I completely agree with you, when you say "Don't get these, because of THIS reason" then you show facts. That is something that SHOULD affect his decision, cold hard facts.

What you or I think about the way the rims look should absolutely not.

If he likes them, and they are solid rims, then me saying "they look shit" should absolutely not make him change his mind.

If he likes them, and I can prove that the really are completely shit, in terms of quality, reliability, etc, then that SHOULD be something he would need to weigh his decision on.

How is this not making sense to you?

Reelax
03-19-2009, 12:14 AM
My point, sir, is that he should not decide on, or against, a rim based on OUR opinions. Yea, it's nice to get peoples' inputs, I ask for them all the time, but what I'm saying is that what YOU think, or what I think should not make or break his buy.

Now, you proved that those rims are cheap in your previous post. I completely agree with you, when you say "Don't get these, because of THIS reason" then you show facts. That is something that SHOULD affect his decision, cold hard facts.

What you or I think about the way the rims look should absolutely not.

If he likes them, and they are solid rims, then me saying "they look shit" should absolutely not make him change his mind.

If he likes them, and I can prove that the really are completely shit, in terms of quality, reliability, etc, then that SHOULD be something he would need to weigh his decision on.

How is this not making sense to you?

because all he asked was for opinon. you needing to get proof of anything and worrying about if he was going to make a decision based on facts vs. opinon was inconsequential to the original question. if you were trying to defend your original approval by discounting my original objection through both being only opinion, and therefore equal, you overlooked the actuality that my opinion happens to be an informed opion, and the weight it carries is not equal to one that you would have in this area.

HungarianHunter
03-19-2009, 12:22 AM
because all he asked was for opinon. you needing to get proof of anything and worrying about if he was going to make a decision based on facts vs. opinon was inconsequential to the original question. if you were trying to defend your original approval by discounting my original objection through both being only opinion, and therefore equal, you overlooked the actuality that my opinion happens to be an informed opion, and the weight it carries is not equal to one that you would have in this area.

Your completely missing my point. Completely. Your opinion of the look of the rims is equally insignificant to mine in this argument. This is NOT, at all, about our opinions dude. It's about my post saying "you should not make a decision based on only opinions", which he shouldn't. Opinions are like assholes, everybody has one, all I was doing was solidifying my post that said his opinion should be the only one that matters to him in this case, and only facts should sway his decision.

Your right, all he asked for was an opinion, and my post was just to reassure him that his own opinion should be the lone one that he should listen to.

Can we come to a consensus here?

greddy
03-19-2009, 12:23 AM
Here is my OPINION, so nobody get's there panties in a wad, they look like crap, personally, if you're gonna spend money on wheels but can't spend a ton on volks, work, etc... buy some nice OEM wheels made for another mitsu (tons of options) or get some used wheels from a quality company. Once again though, just my opinion, I've bought all my wheels used except for the volks that are on order, so buying used is never a bad choice. Let me state it one more time, just to make it clear to some people, this is simply OPINION! :)

greddy
03-19-2009, 12:25 AM

Your right, all he asked for was an opinion, and my post was just to reassure him that his own opinion should be the lone one that he should listen to.

Yes and no, if he's asking our OPINIONS, clearly he values what we have to say about the wheels in question, therefore if he values our opinions, they will influence his decision on the wheels no matter what you tell him about his opinion being the only one he'll listen to. You just got into a silly argument over nothing sir... have a nice evening.

youngin3
03-19-2009, 12:27 AM
LOL @ HH & Reelax

EDIT: && Greddy

(My O-pinion: I agree that a 5 or 7 spoke wheel looks much better on the Galant. Look around some more. Be patient.

03-Galant-ES
03-19-2009, 12:32 AM
I would save the money and go on ebay or local craigslist and do some shopping. I just bought a set of 5 Konig Troubles for 40 dollars each granted they are soft wheels and can bend easy they look nice and for the price they will do their job and get replaced in the future.

HungarianHunter
03-19-2009, 12:35 AM
Yes and no, if he's asking our OPINIONS, clearly he values what we have to say about the wheels in question, therefore if he values our opinions, they will influence his decision on the wheels no matter what you tell him about his opinion being the only one he'll listen to. You just got into a silly argument over nothing sir... have a nice evening.

Listen man. I can understand that our opinions will influence him. Let me restate my point to clarify. If he likes it, and we agree with him, then that's good. But if somebody says they don't like the rims, and he personally likes the rims, why would he not get them? Let's say everyone says Rim A is absolutely amazing, they look great. But he is disgusted by them... should he get them? I'm just saying he shouldn't let the general public's opinion on the looks of something deter him from getting something he personally likes. His car, his money.

But I'll withdraw from this argument, I'd rather not make any enemies.

Edit: And I'm sure Reelax isn't holding a grudge or anything either, we're all friends here :)

greddy
03-19-2009, 12:49 AM
Edit: And I'm sure Reelax isn't holding a grudge or anything either, we're all friends here :)

That's what you think....

LOL, just playing dude, I KID I KID! :p

HungarianHunter
03-19-2009, 12:51 AM
That's what you think....

LOL, just playing dude, I KID I KID! :p

Haha at least I hope we are :P

black_obelisk
03-19-2009, 05:55 PM
im not really feeling those

Alexey
03-19-2009, 06:52 PM
They're OK. Looks like a distant knockoff version of Gio's Dakar 6's...
http://images.superbuytires.com/images/wheels/00d1a8e416a1fe0486ded29ac3e7cb02.jpg

Serstylz2
03-19-2009, 06:58 PM
ugly, not as ugly as those ^^

javi
03-19-2009, 08:30 PM
they look sick! but wouldn't they be really heavy?

AVERAGE
03-19-2009, 08:42 PM
I hate to agree with someone that's obviously full of themself but Reelax is right, they wouldn't be my first choice.