PDA

View Full Version : Transmission numbers

johnnyBgood
02-06-2003, 09:42 PM
Does anyone know if the auto transmission part numbers(P/N) are the same for the 3rd gen eclipse and 7th gen galant.

or any other verson of galant?

and if they are the same, what is the max rated whp possible. Thanks!

manybrews
02-06-2003, 09:49 PM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(johnnyBgood)</div><div class='quotemain'>Does anyone know if the auto transmission part numbers(P/N) are the same for the 3rd gen eclipse and 7th gen galant.

or any other verson of galant?

and if they are the same, what is the max rated whp possible. Thanks!</div>
no, they arent exactly the same. basically they are, but there are minor differences (ratios, clutch plates, etc). in fact, there are about a half dozen different combinations for the 20 and 30 series transaxles.

and although i dont have EXACT figures, its about 170 HP for the 20 series, and about 240 HP for the 30 series. (taken with a grain of salt, of course).

johnnyBgood
02-06-2003, 09:53 PM
ok. i have another question.
RIPP MODS has an 8th gen galant supercharged putting down 178 whp(4 cyl 2.4L 4G64). is this the same tranny?

manybrews
02-06-2003, 10:23 PM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(johnnyBgood)</div><div class='quotemain'>ok. i have another question.
RIPP MODS has an 8th gen galant supercharged putting down 178 whp(4 cyl 2.4L 4G64). is this the same tranny?</div>
not even close.
a TOTALLY new design. the engine isnt even installed in the same direction!

2True
02-06-2003, 10:26 PM
Since manybrews is in the mood for tranny question's https://www.thegalantcenter.org/style_emoticons/default/smile.gif I was wondering if there is a better torque converter we could use on our 20 series A/T to maybe strengthen or just up the reliablity?

manybrews
02-06-2003, 10:48 PM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(2True)</div><div class='quotemain'>Since manybrews is in the mood for tranny question's Â*:) Â*I was wondering if there is a better torque converter we could use on our 20 series A/T to maybe strengthen or just up the reliablity?</div>

the torque converter is not really a weak part of the driveline.

a FEW (meaning 1 percent of all trans issues) have had problems with the splines tearing out of the turbine.
thats it.
but to answer the question, i dont know of any personally. we do use a fantasic converter shop locally for repairs and overhauls of the factory ones, though. ill bet that any good converter shop will modify yours in anyway you see fit.

johnnyBgood
02-06-2003, 10:59 PM
ok, what about the level 10 torque converter? any good?

manybrews
02-06-2003, 11:29 PM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(johnnyBgood)</div><div class='quotemain'>ok, what about the level 10 torque converter? any good?</div>
i couldnt tell you. never used one.

Kain
02-07-2003, 12:06 AM
Level 10 TCs are just remaned OEM TCs.

Moosh
02-09-2003, 12:30 AM
So if someone gets a Level10 tranny rebuild, it would not matter if you got a Level10 torque convertor because its just oem?