PDA

View Full Version : What should I do?

BEAST
02-06-2003, 11:38 PM
Ok my car was parked at my girlfriend's house tonight and her dad was having the weekly "Men's Club" thing going on and everyone was downstairs getting drunk. My girlfriend and I left to go over to a friend's house and we took her car. While we were gone everyone at the house left and someone hit the front of my car. :shock: It isn't really too bad, but right above the headlight where the hood comes down (the part between the hood and the headlight) is smashed in pretty good. About half an inch of the hood is crumpled and the top of my bumper is scratched a little bit. My headlight is pushed back in there too. I think the brackets may be fucked up. I was mad about that at first somewhat but what really pissed me off was that they didn't even leave a note or anything. It wasn't like we were complete strangers or anything, I know her family pretty well.

Does anyone have any clue as too how much this is gonna cost to get fixed? I am pretty sure that he is gonna pay to get it fixed but I was just wondering about a ball park figure. The scratch isn't really too bad or deep which is kind of a shame because I probably could have gotten a new bumper out of it. If I do need to get a new bumper does anyone know how much a stock bumper cover is? I want to get the Shogun if it isn't too much more expensive. It is $373.04 with our discount from Nopi. Is there a place where I can get it cheaper?

o0 XeRO G 0o
02-07-2003, 07:36 AM
do u have any local custom car shops in your area? if so, go ask them. they can get the body kits cheaper since its bein shipped to a business and they can haggle with their distributors. that's the way it works for my local car shop at least. they can get me the whole shogun kit shipped and put on for $750. just try with companies around you first before you decide to get one shipped to your door. just my opinion

MidNightRacing
02-07-2003, 12:32 PM
From the damage you described it sound like you got hit by a truck or SUV ( I hate thoes f&&kin thing)

X7eyeHATEyou7X you serious :roll: ? $750 shipped and installed :shock: I best price ive ever seen is bout $810 for the full kit I dont know how much the shiping is.

I believe ive seen the stock cover for either $190 or $290 i'll have to find the website I saw it on either way cause I need some stuff from there to

o0 XeRO G 0o
02-07-2003, 01:32 PM
yup, the distributor told us 850 shipped first time, then one day i went back to the store and the owner told me that the distributor called him back later that nite and said he could get it for 700 shipped and since i have a good friend who does custom car work, he's only chargin me 50 bucks to put it on. thats gonna be late spring tho.

as for the stock bumper check out this site here ('http://www.mitsubishi-parts-mitsubishi-auto-parts.com/cgi-bin/mitsubishi-parts/process.html')

o0 XeRO G 0o
02-07-2003, 01:39 PM
that site has the 94 front bumper for 126.95 + shipping

it shows me 206.85 including shipping

BEAST
02-07-2003, 02:02 PM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(X7eyeHATEyou7X)</div><div class='quotemain'>that site has the 94 front bumper for 126.95 + shipping

it shows me 206.85 including shipping</div>
What site?

o0 XeRO G 0o
02-07-2003, 02:07 PM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(BEAST)</div><div class='quotemain'><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(X7eyeHATEyou7X)</div><div class='quotemain'>that site has the 94 front bumper for 126.95 + shipping

it shows me 206.85 including shipping</div>
What site?</div>

the site in the link in my previous post

MidNightRacing
02-07-2003, 02:13 PM
This one http://www.mitsubishi-parts-mitsubishi-aut...ts/process.html ('http://www.mitsubishi-parts-mitsubishi-auto-parts.com/cgi-bin/mitsubishi-parts/process.html')
Thanks X7eyeHATEyou7X thas the exact site that i was talkin about I was just wrong about the price

BEAST
02-07-2003, 02:16 PM
Ok I went around to 3 different Body Shops and got some estimates. The prices I am putting down are the average of the 3 shops.

Header Panel-$109.37
Hood-$425.72
Left Headlight Assembly-$278.33
Paint Supply and Labor-$692.33

Overall including everything-$1821.61

I figure that with the cost of just to paint the replacement parts I could just get a whole new paint job. How much are JDM headlights? If they aren't much more than $278.33 then I will definatly get those. Hood can't do much about that, and they don't want to replace my front bumper because they all think they can fix it. He probably won't want to go through insurance but with an average cost of $1821.61 I think that it will be in his best interest to do that. Doesn't the insurance company just send you a check for the damage? If so that will be great. The prices for all of these are from Mitsubishi directly and I can find much better prices on these things on the web. Thats what I'll do if we go through insurance so I will pay less and have more money left over to get JDM headlights, a Shogun front bumper, and a new paint job. Where can I find those headlights for a reasonable price?

BEAST
02-09-2003, 02:49 PM
Ok so I found out that we are going to go through his insurance and so I will probably get a check for about $1900 or $2000, hopefully. I can really only get all of that stuff if I buy the new parts and just have them put it on for me. After I get every thing put on I am gonna get a new paint job since they want 650 just to paint the hood and header panel and blend it in. Would a body shop let me bring in my own parts and have them install them for me? Also do we get a discount at Nopi? I hope so, I am gonna try and see if I can just get the full kit.

IllestGalant
02-10-2003, 09:50 PM
www.easternautosports.com
They will hook you up with the kit in a jiffy.

BEAST
02-11-2003, 08:48 PM
Well damn it, bad news. The insurance company is just having me take it to one of thier shops and have them do the work and then pay them. I am really disappointed now. I had some big plans for that money. :cry:

seth98esT
02-11-2003, 09:06 PM
hehe once they get done with it sell ur headlights and get Jspecs...they should be worth like $200 maybe since they are brand new(just a ballpark figure)

pinoyesv6
02-11-2003, 09:09 PM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(BEAST)</div><div class='quotemain'>Well damn it, bad news. Â*The insurance company is just having me take it to one of thier shops and have them do the work and then pay them. Â*I am really disappointed now. Â*I had some big plans for that money. :cry:</div>

you can still choose to take it to your own shop. they just have to send one of their representatives to the shop to look at the damage and to talk to the people at the shop to see how much the repairs are gonna cost. Also, many insurance companies tell the body shop to use used or aftermarket parts as part of the repair. you can choose to request original mitsubishi parts. I also suggest taking pictures and visiting the body shop many times to look at the progress and to take pictures of the progress just incase the body shop doesn't do a good job or breaks something. i collected around 700 dollars from the insurance company's body shop due to the damage they did to my car. so keep that in mind,

BEAST
02-12-2003, 12:04 PM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(seth)</div><div class='quotemain'>hehe once they get done with it sell ur headlights and get Jspecs...they should be worth like $200 maybe since they are brand new(just a ballpark figure)</div>
Well they're actually only replacing the drivers side headlight because it got busted. But they want like $280 for just the one. :shock: DAMN! Who can I sell it or them too? And where, e-bay?

BEAST
02-12-2003, 12:11 PM
They said that they could send an adjuster out or that I could just take it in to one of thier shops to have it fixed, and what ever the bill turned out to be is what they paid. So I guess if I did have a certain shop in mind I could get the adjuster to talk to that body shop. Either way it still doesn't really help me out that much. I will ask for Mitsu. Parts though. Hey Pinoy how did you get $700 from that body shop. Is that just the amount of damage they caused your car or what?

pinoyesv6
02-12-2003, 12:24 PM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(BEAST)</div><div class='quotemain'>They said that they could send an adjuster out or that I could just take it in to one of thier shops to have it fixed, and what ever the bill turned out to be is what they paid. Â*So I guess if I did have a certain shop in mind I could get the adjuster to talk to that body shop. Â*Either way it still doesn't really help me out that much. Â*I will ask for Mitsu. Parts though. Â*Hey Pinoy how did you get $700 from that body shop. Â*Is that just the amount of damage they caused your car or what?</div>

i got 700 because #1 when they took it off the tow truck, they messed up my exhaust tip. if i were to replace the tip, it would cost me about 130 to get it redone at the most expensive shop in town. lol. uhm when they had the wheels off of the car, they put the parts on the wheel and made a lil slit in the tire. costs about 130 to replace that. then they didn't use the key to unlock my wheel lugs so as a result, not only did they ruin my locks, but they also scratch the rims so they gotta pay for all that. i got them for all the slightest details....

you can still get the kit you want. you just have to work with your body shop. talk to your bndyman b4 the adjuster comes. the insurance company will only pay to return your car to the state as it was b4 the accident. any upgrades will be coming out of your pocket. so yea for example for a bumper, the insurance company will give money for a stock bumper. if the aftermarket one costs more...then ur gonna have to pay the tab. extra installation work like molding in the kit...thats out of your pocket etc etc. but yea talk to your body man first so he can try his best to get the most money out of the insurance company.

jluv97
02-12-2003, 01:09 PM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(BEAST)</div><div class='quotemain'><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(seth)</div><div class='quotemain'>hehe once they get done with it sell ur headlights and get Jspecs...they should be worth like $200 maybe since they are brand new(just a ballpark figure)</div>
Well they're actually only replacing the drivers side headlight because it got busted. But they want like $280 for just the one. :shock: DAMN! Who can I sell it or them too? And where, e-bay?</div>

Ebay won't fetch you much for headlights, I got a set on there for $50.