PDA

View Full Version : car start when it wants

bronxbombr
02-07-2003, 12:31 AM
Hya guys, havent been on in a while but I need your help.
My car wouldnt start for me last night, Im thinking its the starter for various reasons. After being stuck for 30 minutes and waiting for the tow truck to come I put the car in nuetral and rolled it back like 3 ft, turned the key and wow the car starts. I get home in the driveway and turn the car off and try to start it again and no go.
I know the battery is good and so is my altenator etc...... since I had just replaced everything from timing and altenator but i didnt change the starter which leads me to think that that is the culprut.

Anyone experience this before and have a solution?, but I really think its the starter being that it is the only part in the car that i have not changed yet. No clicking noises or such from the battery but when it started out of nowhere i figure it gotta be the starter. :cry:

manybrews
02-07-2003, 05:01 PM
does everything else work fine when the car doesnt start? meaning do you have full electrical functions?

if so, it COULD be a starter. it could also be an inhibitor swtich, wiring, a failing ignition switch, or a few other things.

bronxbombr
02-11-2003, 04:20 PM
Thanks, I found the problem was the starter and had it replaced. Everything A OK now.

smilley
02-11-2003, 06:40 PM
Hi guys,

I had a similar problem with my galant with a 6A12 engine. The battery is good, you can hear the engine crank but it just wouldn't start. Apparently the problem had to do with my aging ECU unit just behind the radio. The unit has been removed and sent for diagnostic. I will let you guys know how it goes. I hope the guy is able to repair it otherwise it's gonna cost a bomb to replace.

https://www.thegalantcenter.org/style_emoticons/default/smile.gif