PDA

View Full Version : I need a low temp thermostat for my car

Jeffro
08-19-2002, 01:20 PM
I need a low temp thermostat preferable 165 degrees for my I4 does anybody out there have a part number/ or a website??? I live in massachusetts and nobody around here stocks them or can even get them...please help.

Thank you

Jeff

2000 Galant
Clear Corners
CAI Mod
PIAA Fog lights
Throttle cable mod

Fishboy55
08-19-2002, 01:47 PM
I haven't had any luck finding a thermostat like you want. However, if you drop to a thermostat with that low an activation temp, chances are you're going to trip your SES light because the engine is operating at a lower temperature than expected. I beleive normal thermostat temp is 190-200. Manybrews can confirm if this is correct or not.

Chip

Jeffro
08-20-2002, 07:42 AM
I found a 170 degree thermostat for a 98 eclipse spyder that also has the 2.4 litre "4G64" motor....I will try that and let you know what happens... Please keep me posted on your thoughts!

Thanks

Jeff

Jeffro
09-03-2002, 06:21 PM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Fishboy55)</div><div class='quotemain'>I haven't had any luck finding a thermostat like you want. However, if you drop to a thermostat with that low an activation temp, chances are you're going to trip your SES light because the engine is operating at a lower temperature than expected. I beleive normal thermostat temp is 190-200. Manybrews can confirm if this is correct or not.

Chip</div>

I that is true wouldn't the SES light come on when the car starts before it gets to full temp? I just want my car to run cooler.

Nick VR4
09-04-2002, 05:38 AM
Im confused ??

why would changing your thermostat let your car run cooler
Or it will do is open the thermostat earlier
The car will still run at normal temp

Tiller
09-04-2002, 09:05 AM
it will allow the coolant to flow sooner, thus keeping engine temps in check...

I had a low temp thermo on my Si... along with a higher pressure radiator cap, you can drop your engine temps a good 10 degrees...

Nick VR4
09-04-2002, 09:21 AM
Oh ok I learn new things everyday