PDA

View Full Version : Need main studs

Galantfan88
03-23-2009, 03:31 PM
Hey guys whats up...well it all comes down to this; putting the engine back together again. Everything is done and have all that I need but have a quick question. I was on the RPW website and was about to Oder main studs and head studs. For the head studs i understand why they are so much, but for the main studs it started out at $100.00 and 5% surcharge for paypal use...and gave me a choice what shipping i would like and choose the one with no cost cuz that was there. I got the confirmation and the main studs came out to be $175.00....is that right.
Called ARP and they sell it for cheaper but the only thing is that i need the measurements of the main studs and the threading on them and all that good stuff. Would anybody know what it is, i believe i threw my old ones out. So if anybody could be any kind of help that would be great thanx guys..

Ruslik
03-23-2009, 04:12 PM
v6 or 4 banger??

Galantfan88
03-23-2009, 04:15 PM
v6 or 4 banger??

4 banger baby.lol

QnzMostWanted
03-23-2009, 04:18 PM
http://www.summitracing.com
Main Studs: 207-5401
Head Studs: 207-4203

Stewi
03-23-2009, 05:01 PM
Hey guys whats up...well it all comes down to this; putting the engine back together again. Everything is done and have all that I need but have a quick question. I was on the RPW website and was about to Oder main studs and head studs. For the head studs i understand why they are so much, but for the main studs it started out at $100.00 and 5% surcharge for paypal use...and gave me a choice what shipping i would like and choose the one with no cost cuz that was there. I got the confirmation and the main studs came out to be $175.00....is that right.
Called ARP and they sell it for cheaper but the only thing is that i need the measurements of the main studs and the threading on them and all that good stuff. Would anybody know what it is, i believe i threw my old ones out. So if anybody could be any kind of help that would be great thanx guys..

VERY IMPORTANT

Once you get the main studs, install the crank cradle (girdle) and the studs and torque them all to spec using the ARP moly lube on the studs. Once torqued down, use a mic and spec out all the main bores to make sure thet are not out of round. Sometimes the increased clamping force of the studs can cause the bores to oval out a bit, resulting in main bearing failure much sooner than later.

Galantfan88
03-23-2009, 06:10 PM
VERY IMPORTANT

Once you get the main studs, install the crank cradle (girdle) and the studs and torque them all to spec using the ARP moly lube on the studs. Once torqued down, use a mic and spec out all the main bores to make sure thet are not out of round. Sometimes the increased clamping force of the studs can cause the bores to oval out a bit, resulting in main bearing failure much sooner than later.

Wow...thank you very much for letting me know. I deff would not have thought of that at all. Thanx buddy