PDA

View Full Version : Hey, been here a while and just getting to this

rowdyprouty
03-23-2009, 11:45 PM
I have been here a while and am just getting to this. I posted a while back about the ebay projectors that i found. I saw some of you bought them, while I embarked on making my own. fun, frustrating, frustrating and did i mention frustrating, but seriously fun too. they came out ok, havent gotten around to getting pics off the cam to the computer yet though. wish i would have found those sooner.

anyways. this site is freakin awesome, and you all have opened my eyes to the Galants potential. Thanks alot

hey not sure if i can do this or not, but does anyone in Socal have some old non-blown struts for an 8g. mine are shot and i cant afford to replace for a while. stock right now, but want to lower, maybe some one who upgraded to coilovers has some struts and lowering-springs for cheap, i mean like almost free cheap. again sorry if i am not supposed to do this here. still learning the rules. but seriously you all are awesome and informative.

es_fact
03-23-2009, 11:48 PM
haha welcome bud :)

Im' glad we could help obout the whole.. oppenin' eyes.. things... lol.. good luck on your susp :)

therev
03-23-2009, 11:52 PM
Hey man welcome back, i was one of the many who purchased the ebay projectors and i love them! Gives a cool look. Anyways on the suspension im sure members have some old ones that they may be willing to sell, they will be 100$ or so maybe more depending on who it is. I would check a local junk yard to see if they have any totalled 8g's or something. If you need them PM me ASAP and i can head to a junk yard and pull them off, i havnt done it before but im sure i can find a tutorial or instructions on how to do so, ill sell to you at JY price + shipping im not looking to make money of a fellow TGC member. Good luck with your quest and goals. Glad to see your back

~Gabe

rowdyprouty
03-23-2009, 11:56 PM
Yeah i have always been tuning, but the galant was our family car to haul the kid and wife around , I guess i just never even gave it a thought till about 6 months ago and we've had the car since 05. a travesty i know but hey i know now. but it is now paid for and my new project. big plans, suspension, turbo, engine build, probably an auto build, i am lazy and like to not shift most of the time, stick is fun, but im not going that hard core.............yet........big plans thanks to you crazy guys

rowdyprouty
03-24-2009, 12:00 AM
yeah im sure i can find some here too. i got a quote for new ones and it was about 325 installed, not bad but well on the way to coilovers and thats what i ultimately want, so i need to just spend as little as possible right now, to get by for a while without ruining my tires

rowdyprouty
03-24-2009, 12:01 AM
so they were just halogen projectors right. I havent looked at the thread in a while so sorry for not being up to date. glad you like them