PDA

View Full Version : Which came first the drop or the wheels?

BlankMan
02-07-2003, 12:15 PM
Just looking for input - which would you do first: springs & shocks or rims & tires? Ideally, one would do them both at the same time, but that's not an option right now. I'm thinking drop first - especially since it's winter and I don't want to sport the new wheels until spring (aka no-salt season).

J

pinoyesv6
02-07-2003, 12:19 PM
for me, im going with the wheels first. there are some great deals on wheels right now and i don't wanna pass them up. and o yea i need new tires so gonna buy me some rims with some new low pro tires to go with em...

Danger DANJ
02-07-2003, 12:22 PM
I would go wheels first. Get the one that costs more out of the way.

balln8g
02-07-2003, 02:17 PM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE</div><div class='quotemain'>I would go wheels first. Get the one that costs more out of the way.</div>

I agree....wheels first. Unless you plan on taking your wheels on and off in the future to deal with your seasonal climate, it won't make a difference.

quicksilver22
02-07-2003, 04:43 PM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Danger DANJ)</div><div class='quotemain'>I would go wheels first. Get the one that costs more out of the way.</div>

I would, mainly because it cost so much for wheels, but so little(respectively speaking) to drop, so if you drop it first, its just gonna take you that much longer to save up again for the wheels, unless you rollin in tha dough. lol

Ghost Beat
02-07-2003, 04:45 PM
i did wheels then saw the monster truck look and ordered the coilovers so id say wheels first then lower.

pinoyesv6
02-07-2003, 05:13 PM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Ghost Beat)</div><div class='quotemain'>i did wheels then saw the monster truck look and ordered the coilovers so id say wheels first then lower.</div>

yea get the wheels first...then ur car will have that hideous monster truck look and sum1 might feel sorry 4 u and buy springs 4 u...or u might start to barf and force urself to get springs...

VegasMatt
02-07-2003, 05:22 PM
When I first bought my Galant all I wanted was rims and tires. Then I found out about this site and I bought the body kit. When I had the shop intall the kit they said you should drop it, it would be off the hook, so I did that the next day.

Then I had to explain to my wife why the car looks so different and its been one lie after another on how parts got onto the car.

"Honey, I was the test fitter for the carbon fiber hood so I got it for free"
"That is not a nitrous bottle, its an external gas tank"
"Honey, when you drive the Galant, dont hit the red switch, it cuts power to the engine"

You single guys are lucky, I am still trying to find a way to say how I am going to get the Ripp Mods SDS in the car.

pinoyesv6
02-07-2003, 05:30 PM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(VegasMatt)</div><div class='quotemain'>You single guys are lucky, I am still trying to find a way to say how I am going to get the Ripp Mods SDS in the car.</div>

honey, its on sale. 75%off
its cheaper than buying a new car
the dealer said my car wouldn't run right without it
i dunno what that thing is...lets put it in the car and see

peanotation
02-07-2003, 05:53 PM
i'm practically married, i had to explain to my girlfriend why my car has a blue glow coming from underneath and what those round metal "cans" are stacked up in my garage that measure 17x7 https://www.thegalantcenter.org/style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif god damn women are pesky.

i'd definatly get wheels first, if u drop ur car with stock wheels, u start sportin' the civic ricer look.

glinx1
02-07-2003, 07:17 PM
Go with the rims first. You might find a good price on some real nice rims. Cuz if you drop it first, your ride might be too low for the rims you decide to get

mrjaydeeone
02-08-2003, 07:29 PM
I got my rims 1st....much better that way,...you dont wanna drp and then not come across a set of rims that are gonna fit

toc8g
02-08-2003, 10:31 PM
Sorry Guys but I am in a different situation my wife loves too race and wants me to get the header and AFC but I can't seem to make money fast enough!!! On the original topic on my 2000 I got rims first then spring but on this 2002 I droped first since I had the springs already then I got rims,...which come in on Wed.

Supernova
02-08-2003, 11:07 PM
Rims, most def. I love the wheels I got except for the fact that the blasted thing rides too high. I'm saving for a drop now. 8)

HeadAche
02-09-2003, 05:44 PM
I had to drop my car first, it looked like a tonka trunk to i dropped her to the floor..lol.. and it helped on my track times a lot.. but rims are the next thing on my list for sure..