PDA

View Full Version : How do i write to ask for assistance

NYCHICK8G2003
03-25-2009, 07:17 AM
What is the proper way to write questions on tgc.

00galantguy
03-25-2009, 07:19 AM
Just like the one you just wrote. Try your best to make it understandable. Thats all. We are here to help... also do not insult anyone. Many people here do not take kindly to it.

NYCHICK8G2003
03-25-2009, 07:22 AM
You see the guys can insult each other but i cant? And what if i was a little slow or something does that mean bash the jewish girl head in. Im not a mechanic under the car with a wrench you know

00galantguy
03-25-2009, 07:26 AM
Save the crap giving for when you know the guys a little better. Like I said in the other thread we recently had a real clown on here and they probably thought you were posting like him. He was rude and racist. Many people aren't the best with cars on here. They really just jumped to the insults because of the way you typed it. In the end they just wanted to know what you said.

NYCHICK8G2003
03-25-2009, 07:34 AM
you see the guys can insult each other but i cant? And what if i was a little slow or something does that mean bash the jewish girl head in. Im not a mechanic under the car with a wrench you know
is their really no one that understands her(this is her homie) shit man i guess lets chris brown beat down,all her teachers for the diploma man

NYCHICK8G2003
03-25-2009, 07:39 AM
She actually not racist at all, a can or two short of a six pack but she is cool

00galantguy
03-25-2009, 07:40 AM
I never said anything about her being racist. This was someone else.

NYCHICK8G2003
03-25-2009, 07:45 AM
00galantguy, she putting all this work in that 8g, because she doing it for her kids dad, who is in jail. Trust me when i tell you proline audio did the sound in that 8g the shit knocks hard with all included thats why all of a sudden she became obbsessed with that car$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

Serstylz2
03-25-2009, 08:05 AM
i vote for ban

polishmafia
03-25-2009, 08:29 AM
She actually not racist at all, a can or two short of a six pack but she is cool

Whoever wrote this... Thank you for using capitalization and puncuation. It makes messages so much easier to read. Thats all we are asking for. Be clear with your questions, give us enough information so we can help, and write/speak English clearly and precisely.

Jeffylou87
03-25-2009, 08:40 AM
All we ask is that you make sense.. We're not asking you to build an engine or expect you to know everything so that you don't ask questions. Just be clear about questions. You ask an un-clear question, you get an un-clear answer.

Take some time out to re-read your posts before you submit them to make sure your grammar and spelling is correct. I re-read almost every post before I hit submit to make sure that I spelled everything correctly and used the correct punctuation.

NYCHICK8G2003
03-25-2009, 08:42 AM
My question to you guys is ? What if she is disabled and couldnt write so well, ban

NYCHICK8G2003
03-25-2009, 08:51 AM
I guess she is trying to understand tgc, who is patient, and who is willing to take time with a female, thats modding a car on her own. She even tried to clear corners, but i wont help her, i think its insane totally. The bmw is in the drive way

krispy03
03-25-2009, 08:54 AM
is there 2 people talking on this account?!?!

NYCHICK8G2003
03-25-2009, 08:56 AM
Trying to tell her, chill on the galant

Galantfan88
03-25-2009, 09:24 AM
Im alil confused on what going on...looks like two people are talking on one account, but dont mind some people on here. There are many people that have no clue about cars but wanna learn or start learning. Its best to ask than not to, yeah some people on here are A-holes but most do there best to help you out. Just try to be clear with everything you say and before you have a question try to search what your looking for first b/c i bet you people are ganna tell you to go and use the SEARCH button. But like I said if anybody says anything that has nothing to do with the question just leave it and dont worry about them and talk to the people that wanna help.

NYCHICK8G2003
03-25-2009, 09:34 AM
im alil confused on what going on...looks like two people are talking on one account, but dont mind some people on here. There are many people that have no clue about cars but wanna learn or start learning. Its best to ask than not to, yeah some people on here are a-holes but most do there best to help you out. Just try to be clear with everything you say and before you have a question try to search what your looking for first b/c i bet you people are ganna tell you to go and use the search button. But like i said if anybody says anything that has nothing to do with the question just leave it and dont worry about them and talk to the people that wanna help.
she is learning

00galantguy
03-25-2009, 09:34 AM
We are not going to help her any more or less solely based on the fact that she is female. We would be happy to help no matter male or female and equally no matter which one a person happens to be. I am not saying there is anything wrong with her. At all. Now that I can understand her she seems ok

NYCHICK8G2003
03-25-2009, 09:45 AM
My friend really felt like she was in another country last night. She said she was having problems on a car site talking to people. I saw the post this morning wow. She saw a galant on this site that she is modding her galant like. Ebay items pouring in for this car. She wants the 8g to brand new specs and some of the guys here, have the knowledge to help. She got help with her tires on her first post, but she still was insulted because she dont type clear for eveyone to understand

Asierra_999
03-25-2009, 10:06 AM
Maybe you should type for your friend all the time!!! It helps!

9G
03-25-2009, 10:11 AM
indubidibly

showtime
03-25-2009, 10:12 AM
^ Yeah it does.

Proto
03-25-2009, 10:15 AM
Here's what I see wrong as an administrator..
1. 2 people don't need to be using an account
2. The email shouldn't be a username
3. Proper english per se. The way she worded her questions made them hard to understand.
4. Advanced members normally give people a heads up about typing so we can understand them and then offer help but if the person makes it so we don't understand it they will insult the person at fault.

JoeRad
03-25-2009, 10:23 AM
http://babelfish.yahoo.com/

This should help

Jeffylou87
03-25-2009, 10:38 AM
I see this getting better.. I'm glad we were able to help her out with that.

03-Galant-ES
03-25-2009, 10:52 AM
I have no issues with you Ziota, but being that she is a 30 year old woman living in New York maybe you should think about helping herself more. Take a few extra English courses if you're is still having issues understanding or typing it.

NYCHICK8G2003
03-25-2009, 11:29 AM
Why should i type for her, thats you guys she wants to talk to, the galant experts. Someone in tgc should be able to understand newbies who ask questions. In any launguage or written format,from any country or religion

Asierra_999
03-25-2009, 11:35 AM
Here's what I see wrong as an administrator..
1. 2 people don't need to be using an account
2. The email shouldn't be a username
3. Proper english per se. The way she worded her questions made them hard to understand.
4. Advanced members normally give people a heads up about typing so we can understand them and then offer help but if the person makes it so we don't understand it they will insult the person at fault.

x2!!!!!

NYCHICK8G2003
03-25-2009, 11:40 AM
Two people are not on this account. Her best friend here just trying to get her to understand the site she joined out of love for her galant

Asierra_999
03-25-2009, 11:43 AM
Ok, well if you are her friend on her account, then YES 2 people ARE using 1 account!
Wow this is absurd!!!

Galantfan88
03-25-2009, 11:56 AM
Wow what the hell is going on now...this is not doing any good. This thread is going no where..im not understanding why your making a big deal man. If she loves her G and has a question ok, ask the question..we are here to answer. Other wise whats the point your trying to make here??? If she wants to learn about the site, have her site down and look around like the rest of us do and if any questions..ask someone.

gtx
03-25-2009, 12:06 PM
Why should i type for her, thats you guys she wants to talk to, the galant experts. Someone in tgc should be able to understand newbies who ask questions. In any launguage or written format,from any country or religion
I usually stay away from this type of things, but this time I won't. You see, first of all, Proto summed it up pretty well what's wrong here. Second, it's not us who want to talk to her, it's her who wants to talk to us. Again, this is an English speaking forum, but to be honest with you, most things she typed probably wouldn't make any sense in German or French either... FYI this board has many international users who had no problem adopting to the rules. So don't even start on the language/country/religion thing.

es_fact
03-25-2009, 12:06 PM
the main problem I saw, honestly, was the fact that on her very first post on the argument we had last night was the not the grammar or English. The main problem was how in the first post she insulted us, sure we play between each other.. make fun of each other.. but that take a bit of knowing each other and all that, not just go out killin' us on the first post lol :)

I don't mind the it took a bit, but it's possible... just... watch the rudeness :)

Galant306m
03-25-2009, 12:39 PM
Who are you?

quicksilver22
03-25-2009, 12:46 PM

No offense, but this is a semi-private forum. ADA Guidelines do not apply here.

NYCHICK8G2003
03-25-2009, 01:15 PM
Zlota here! My friend helps me out alot, but he aint no mechanic,thats why i found tgc, to get answers to the questions that the shops wont answer, and as most guys know, the shops see women coming, jack up prices, etc. But thank you for all the kindness shown on my behalf and i will make sure for now on, i proof read my post before posting

Galant306m
03-25-2009, 01:18 PM
No offense, but this is a semi-private forum. ADA Guidelines do not apply here.

you mean ADHD guidlines? She should take her magimication before postng!

NYCHICK8G2003
03-25-2009, 01:33 PM
Whats does that mean

Asierra_999
03-25-2009, 01:39 PM
Zlota here! My friend helps me out alot, but he aint no mechanic,thats why i found tgc, to get answers to the questions that the shops wont answer, and as most guys know, the shops see women coming, jack up prices, etc. But thank you for all the kindness shown on my behalf and i will make sure for now on, i proof read my post before posting

Wow ok much better!!!! Thanks!

NYCHICK8G2003
03-25-2009, 01:53 PM
Now i still have questions about my car? Which i will post in the right place thanks
zlota

03-Galant-ES
03-25-2009, 02:03 PM
Now i still have questions about my car? Which i will post in the right place thanks
zlota

Depends what type of question most of your posts should go in the 8G area there are separate general tech forums. Try the search bar up top and type in your general issue like "tire sizes"

more then half your answers will be found there.

spdracr
03-25-2009, 02:12 PM

zlota

In the first section I quoted, you fried brought in the religion into this discussion and it made no sense why he did this

The section that I quoted you showed a big improvement in your typing skills

No one is saying that your English has to be great for us to help you, we don't care what race you are or what is your native language either cuz we will help you regardless of all that. We have a big number of members including myself whois native language aren't English and that don't make us different or special and we don't get treated differently based on that

Please take some time and read the rules which should help you understand the forums regulations a little more.

For example, if you wanted to buy something then you need to post that in the WTB section but since you are a new member you can't post there and you have to wait. But that don't mean go and post it in a different section.

Questions about car problem belong to the section for the car problems under the generation that your car falls under and so on

No one is profiling you in any way or shape. All the guys are asking is for you to post some clear info/questions so we can help you cuz if we don't understand then we can't provide the proper help

Hope this helps

Ruslik
03-25-2009, 02:12 PM
the thing is people know each other here
many of us met each other on meets and other events
so its not really cool when a noob comes on the forum and starts throwing shit around

Proto
03-25-2009, 03:24 PM
From your avatar it appears to be an 8th generation which is 1999-2003 so look under the 8th generation forums and read the descriptions of the forum then decide which is appropriate for your question. I ask that you not have others use your account. Also if you aren't fluent in the english language let us know so you don't get insulted. If you have any problems with a member you can PM a moderator or administrator. That list can be found at this link: https://www.thegalantcenter.org/showgroups.php

Also we need to adjust your username so it's not your email address. I'll send you a private message to which you can send me your new username.