PDA

View Full Version : Need help quick!

2002BlackDragon
03-27-2009, 02:56 PM
Okay, heres the scoop. I just installed my HIDs and put in a new cone air filter. I went and started my car. Started great. but when i went to turn it off and i pulled the key out, the car was still running. I was sitting in the car with my keys in my hand and the car was still running! I tried to turn the car off a few more times, but nothin. It still kept runnin. Then i disconnected the battery. Still ran. I got in it again and turned the key all the way till the starter grinded, and when i turned it off, the car shut off. Whats going on and how do i fix it? I am afraid of starting my car cause i am almost out of gas and dont want to leave it runnin. Please help!!!

4-G-rim
03-27-2009, 04:27 PM
Was your HID kit a plug and play kit or did you have to have to splice to exisiting wiring?

When you disconnected the battery and the car was still running is a indication that your alternator is still healthy and usually what happens when you disconnect your battery.

Possibly your ignition switch is malfunctioning.

2002BlackDragon
03-27-2009, 05:03 PM
The HID kit was plug and play. Whats it going to cost to check the ignition switch? and how do i shut it off if it does it again.

polishmafia
03-27-2009, 09:24 PM
Did you put the key back in and make sure to turn it all the way to the off position? Like it was stated, I think you have an ignition cylinder problem.

youngin3
03-27-2009, 10:52 PM
If your car keeps running and you can't get it to shut off, pull fuses. Especially relays under the hood if you can get to them easily. Those will kill the motor pretty quick.

Or you can take the hose off the intake and cover it with your hand.

4-G-rim
03-27-2009, 11:16 PM
The HID kit was plug and play. Whats it going to cost to check the ignition switch? and how do i shut it off if it does it again.

Have you tried to turn only to "ACC" and turn it back off and see if the dash cluster lights are still on? If they are still on when the key is on the off position its a good sign that your ignition switch is bad and just needs to be replaced which isn't hard at all.