PDA

View Full Version : Tints or no tints?

brandon
08-19-2002, 03:21 PM
Hey guys,

I personally am not a big fan of putting tints on my ride but I sometimes wonder if my car might look that much better with em on there...

Your opinions?

I have a black car, black kit, tinted sunroof... Pics VERY soon I hope...

Word.

Jesse
08-20-2002, 09:51 AM
I love tints on windows. Helps keep the black interior a little bit cooler even though it can still be scorching hot. Also, it keeps ugly bitches, from looking at you whe cruising at night.

If I had a black car, I'd probably tint it with the darkest shade of chrome/mirror tint with dark black tint behind it so that it gives a really good mirror image or get the fading tint that goes from chrome/mirror to black.

MitsuMan
08-20-2002, 09:58 AM
Tint , even the legal tints would look good on your ride b

Shylynn
08-20-2002, 10:20 AM
black tint on any car looks great, im not a big fan of the mirror tints it really only looks good on silver or white cars IMO

2True
08-20-2002, 01:17 PM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(brandon)</div><div class='quotemain'>

I have a black car, black kit, tinted sunroof...

Word.</div>

Come on B, from what I see it's a no-brainer.
I saw something sick on a Talon the other day, dude had like 40% tint all around then had a tribal like design in 10% laid over the 40%. Wish I had a pic but I thought it looked tight, not really noticable unless you are up close.
Something to consider if you have the bux...

Jesse
08-20-2002, 01:26 PM
2TRUE, I saw something cool as hell too a few months ago. They took the sparkle tint and did tribal across the side windows and around the back and other side. Then put dark ass black behind it. You couldn't see the sparkles very well during the day, but at night when it went under a street light the designs popped out. I always wanted to try this on peoples cars when they ask if I can tint for them, but they always say no because they think it'll look ugly. I figured it would too when I heard about it but it looked really good.

bstnsportsfan
08-20-2002, 01:59 PM
I personally like tint on a car, I dont have it but need to get it. I have a black car and live in South Florida, right now its hot enough in my car to cook a steak! I def need to get a tint. And on a black car, I think it looks really good.

NYchulo3
08-20-2002, 06:12 PM
Tinit is the way to go!!! 20% black tint all around, with black exterior and black leather interior. just call me knight rider!

RyzNatch
08-20-2002, 07:36 PM
i want mine tinted but dont wanna drop big bucks to get it down profesionally. how hard is it to do it yourself with that stuff u can get at like autozone or similar places? also does it look way ghetto if u do it yourself?

brandon
08-21-2002, 11:46 AM
Thanks for the response guys, I'll have to put some serious thought into doing it in the near future... exhaust first though...

bstnsportsfan
08-21-2002, 04:37 PM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(RyzNatch)</div><div class='quotemain'>i want mine tinted but dont wanna drop big bucks to get it down profesionally. how hard is it to do it yourself with that stuff u can get at like autozone or similar places? also does it look way ghetto if u do it yourself?</div>

I wouldnt think its "that" hard to do yourself, you just dont want air bubbles in the tint, then it loks ghetto. I'd suggest to call around and pay someone to do it right. It will probably cost between $100-150 and it will be done right and a lot of places offer lifetime warranty on it.

jluv97
08-21-2002, 09:25 PM
if you use professional grade tint, a good cleaner and a squeege it can be done right. If you use generic windex, autozone tint and run the bubbles out with your hands it will look ghetto.

Time spent taking your car apart to do a mod the right way is better than time spent trying to make a quick mod look right.

dre24k
09-02-2002, 05:15 PM
Tightest Black 98 Galant says, "Tint that *$#@%!"

Sarah
09-03-2002, 08:08 AM
tint it..................20% all the way around...i have legal in the front and 20% on my back two and back window.

GalantLadie
09-03-2002, 01:25 PM
Black car=Dark blk tint
no ifs, ands, or buts.:orangeyes: :biggrin:

seth98esT
09-03-2002, 01:33 PM
Im thinkin about tinting my windows myself. How much does mirror tint cost nowadays?

Jesse
09-03-2002, 04:18 PM
same as all the others. Make the trip to CR and I'll help you. I don't do back windows, but the others aren't hard, just a little time consuming.

dre24k
09-03-2002, 05:12 PM
i hate mirror tint