PDA

View Full Version : Brake pads

Kain
02-09-2003, 02:34 PM
Well, my brakes started squeeling this weekend...time to change the pads. I have EBC in there right now. I liked them, but they wore out really quickly and were expensive. I want some that will give good breaking power, be quiet and dependable, and preferably under $50 for the front axle. I'm looking at either Axis metal masters, or Hawk. Anyone have any experience with either?

BEAST
02-09-2003, 02:44 PM
Do you have stock rotors? Also what is a good pad that won't put off so much brake dust. I have got the lifetime pads from NAPA and they get my wheels dirty as shit.

Kain
02-09-2003, 03:53 PM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(BEAST)</div><div class='quotemain'>Do you have stock rotors? Â*Also what is a good pad that won't put off so much brake dust. Â*I have got the lifetime pads from NAPA and they get my wheels dirty as shit.</div>

Yeah, stock rotors right now. I might try throwing the DBA's back on, give 'em a second chance. The EBCs were pretty good on brake dust. I didn't see any for the first 3 weeks or so, and from than it built up slowly. But they only lasted about 6k miles :x Even with the DBAs chewing through them I'd say their lifespan couldn't be much more than 10k city/suburban miles.

Kain
02-10-2003, 11:42 AM
Hmm, kind of a diffrent direction, but I figure I'll just use this post as it's already here... I just snagged a set of Brembo rotors off ebay for $70. The thing that bothers me is that they're listed as being for a '90-'96 Galant. That's half 6g and half 7g. Part # BR31060. Are these for 6g or 7g? Ahh either way, this 'll bring my collection to a full 5 sets of rotors for the G...

JiP
02-10-2003, 04:36 PM
I got the cheapest pads I could find in Autozone I think they were like 30 bucks for the front end. They been going 20k and till have about 1/4" left to go. I dont remmeber the brand or anything I put them on a year and a half ago and probly wont have to change them till end of this year. Considering NYC is jamed with constant stop and go traffic, I think thats damn good for cheapass pads