PDA

View Full Version : HP Adjustable Coilovers

Fishboy55
08-19-2002, 03:41 PM
There's a guy on Ebay selling HP adjustable coilovers for $135. They advertise up to a 4 inch drop. I've never heard of HP as a brand name.

First, is this a good price? Second, I don't know anything about coilovers, so I have a ton of questions. Can I use them with my stock struts? Do they replace my existing springs? Will my ride be bouncy?

Thanks in advance.

Chip

rumpl_forskin
08-19-2002, 04:49 PM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE</div><div class='quotemain'> Â*
There's a guy on Ebay selling HP adjustable coilovers for $135. They advertise up to a 4 inch drop. I've never heard of HP as a brand name. Â*

First, is this a good price? Second, I don't know anything about coilovers, so I have a ton of questions. Can I use them with my stock struts? Do they replace my existing springs? Will my ride be bouncy? Â*

Â*
</div>

I don't really know anything about HP. As for the price, it is good, but often we get what we pay for. I would recommend the OBX GRavity Control coilovers. That is what I have and love them. You can find them at Massivemotorsports.com on sale for I beliieve around $170. They normally retail for $280. You can use them with your stock struts. Although now that they are out, it would be a ggod investment to get the new KYB's. They do replace your stock springs. And yes the ride is a little bouncy, but not bad at all. Just remember to cut your bump stops in half. I love mine. Oh yeah.... and you can drop up to 4". Hope this helps ya......... https://www.thegalantcenter.org/style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif

pinoyesv6
08-19-2002, 08:45 PM
hey chip...if u want, im probably available next tuesday, if u want we can roll down to HP and check em out in person. the auction would probably be over by then but they should have another pair on auction at a later date. HP also has a buncha goodies and yea maybe they can do a buncha custom stuff 4 u...its in the middle of nowhere but we can check it out

Fishboy55
08-20-2002, 06:18 AM
Rumpl: Yes, thank you, that helps a lot. That's what I needed to know.

Allan: Thanks for the offer, but thankfully, I'm back to work https://www.thegalantcenter.org/style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif So I'm not available during the day. But maybe we can plan a road trip in the future sometime for a weekend or something. Still hoping to see you on Sunday.

Thanks guys.

Chip

wwangster86
08-20-2002, 06:20 PM
I'm so sorry to constantly bring this back up, but because I have no idea how this works please forgive me. (I'm asking because I'm shopping for rims too)

So with OBX coilovers you can use your original struts (=shocks??).
How long will out original shocks last?
Is the ride really bumpy only when lowered?

OBX coilovers for $174.00 sounds pretty good though! Thanks!

Kingman
08-20-2002, 08:17 PM
Chip, I have OBX coilovers on my gtz

They are not bad, just remember to cut the bumpstops and also with the GTZ you may need to trim part of the factory spring perch off depending on how low you go.

Nex time we all get together you can mess with my car.

They do work with stock struts(GTZ though are a little different). I have recommended them to many people and all seem to be happy. Watch for momentum's ebay auctions normally 149 or so if you snipe them.