PDA

View Full Version : O2 Sensor

808state
04-11-2009, 12:01 AM
Does each 02 sensor function diffrenty from one another..Im talking about 2000 Mitsu with the V6 it has 4 of um..for instance iff you took all 4 of um out and stuck um where ever and not paying attention to where they came from original..would it send wrong readings to the ECU and trigger the service engine light..

03-Galant-ES
04-11-2009, 12:43 AM
Do you search before you post or do you just get an urge for every topic?

I am pretty sure the fronts are different then the rear post cat one the fronts are for ecu purposes and the rear is for emission purposes so I believe they are different. I know in 7G they are. Search cause I am doing your dirty work and don't feel like it :-P

808state
04-11-2009, 02:17 AM
rite on bro..I do search but dam nothing really relates to my ?..I guess I could start tweaking..

03-Galant-ES
04-11-2009, 02:37 AM
yeah the search on here is pickier then anything if it isnt typed in right then it shits on u

6G72Galant
04-11-2009, 08:10 AM
No need to search, ill answer your question....

YES. All 4 o2 sensors are different. Hence the reasoning for the varying part numbers between all 4. Each sensor is supposed to read/detect a different air/fuel ratio in the exhaust system. Thats the reason why you have upstream and downstream sensors.

I can tell you from experience, if you mistakenly place a sensor in the wrong spot, you will throw a CEL. The code should be something along the lines of o2 sensor circuit malfunction. I made this mistake, and thats the code i have.

808state
04-16-2009, 02:23 AM
rite on for the info...I tried searching again before I post...and guees what my forehead hit the desk and then I woke up and then their was a big puddle of drew..haha