PDA

View Full Version : oil leak

queball
02-10-2003, 05:16 AM
Well ill never take my car to jiffy lub again... they changed my oil for me last time and i had the injectors cleaned, well it came tme to change the oil again and this time i did it my self, well they put the damn oil pug in so tight that i had to use some force to get it loose, and it was so damn tight that i actuly twisted the pan around the plug.. well now im leaking oil so hope fully the plug is just messed up and not the hole id rather put a new plug in the a pan.. I can't belive it my car has never leaked any thing.. when i was putting the pliug in it would turn for a ways and get stuck, so hopefully its just the damn plug thats damaged..

queball
02-15-2003, 02:08 AM
k guys i bought a new plug and it still leaking oil BAD around the drain,, what the hells the deal how can i fix it.. i don't know if its becouse theres a small dent near the drain hole or if thats even the problem, i was going to buy a new pan but there 150$ and i can't find a junk yard that has one..

manybrews
02-15-2003, 08:15 AM
a new pan is the only way.

JiP
02-15-2003, 05:43 PM
I got a turbo oil pan off ebay for $20 bucks +shipping. Get one n block off the oil return line hole for the turbo and your set. Or find someone who did the turbo upgrade and maybe they still have their old oil pan and will let it go cheap.

IllestGalant
02-16-2003, 10:42 AM
when you put the new plug in, did it come with the oring?
maybe your just missing the seal??

queball
02-25-2003, 08:19 PM
Well problem fixed it looks like the threads on the inside of the drain are streched and a little messed up well instid of dealing with rethreading them and praying it works i just got a perment plug with a valve on it and put some tephlon tape on the threads and snugged it up problem fixed..

JiP
02-25-2003, 08:21 PM
Good job!! https://www.thegalantcenter.org/style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif

queball
04-21-2003, 08:22 PM
Well that worked for about 2 weeks then it started leaking about, so i went out and bought a over sized plug and retapped the threads hasn't leaked since.. i just hope when it comes time to change the oil again the new plug doesn't cut another set of threads, since its a self tapper and threader..