PDA

View Full Version : I feel kinda stupid.....

CWolf
02-10-2003, 01:46 PM
I feel kinda stupid asking this question, but do you just pull the back of the headlight off to get at the bulb? I am replacing my headlights with silvania silverstars, but each time I try to get to the bulbs I feel like I'm about to break the whole thing, and that would cost me a lot of money. Maybe it's just because it's cold out, or maybe I'm just incompetent. Do they just pull off? Or do you have to do something special to get them off? Thanks for clarification.

NRG
02-10-2003, 02:14 PM
To get the H4 bulb out, you need to unhook the semi-round retaining clip.....No screwdriver is needed.....All you do is press in the clip and it will swing out and after that the bulb will come out......Make sure to unplug the harness first and then pull off the rubber dust boot....And don't touch the bulb with your hands......Grab it on the back.......

pinoyesv6
02-10-2003, 02:26 PM
this is how i do it.

hold onto the socket on the left and right side. pinch it a lil put and pull. that should remove the socket

then pull off the boot

then i take my index fingerand my middle finger. i put one on the left side of the retaining clip and one on the other and i push them in. only one side should be able to be pushed in. thats the non hindged side. i push in on that side and jiggle my finger up and down til the clip is out from its holder. (forgot which way cuz different 9003 equipped cars are different) i then swing the retaining clip out of the way and remove the bulb.

the installation is the same way but backwards.

a few tips.
clean the new bulb with some rubbing alcahol to make sure that the glass is clean
put some bulb grease on the socket b4 u plug it back in
do it when there's light outside. i always do mine in the dark with no flashlight most likely when its cold outside or raining. i bet its easier when u can see what ur doing
and finally the prongs on the bulb are arranged in a rectangular shape with one of the sides without a prong. that side without the prong does on the bottom[/LIST]

NRG
02-10-2003, 02:44 PM
Like Pinoy, I did mine so many times I could do it blind folded........ https://www.thegalantcenter.org/style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif

CWolf
02-10-2003, 08:40 PM
Ok cool, I get what I was doing now, I wasn't pushing in on the sides. That's why it felt like it was going to break if I pulled any harder. Thanks guys.