PDA

View Full Version : Custom Pilar Dome Lights from Diamante!

therev
04-17-2009, 11:55 PM
Im sure this has been done before. I pulled two back seat pillar dome lights from a Diamante (one of the older guys) my plan is to dremel a hole to fit the light and switch in there. The switch is grey as is my current interior which is cool. My question is where do you think the best route to wiring these lights? i can get a long enough wire to go to the 12v? or is there something closer and or easier.

~Gabe

IceDouTGaLanT
04-18-2009, 12:00 AM
closet power source will be the trunk inside light, or you can run it all the way to the dome light, so everything comes on at once. More work, but the outcome will be 100X better.

Jeffylou87
04-18-2009, 12:03 AM
Zobgel has them installed in his car.. I've also sold two sets to two people on here..

youngin3
04-18-2009, 12:20 AM
Wire them to the front dome light. It has a constant +12v source, a ground, and the switched +12v source from the doors.

G-spot
04-18-2009, 02:30 AM
the chrysler sebring coupes also carries those rear dome lights

02redgalant
04-18-2009, 03:32 AM
i did it jus wired it to the front dome lights you wont pop any fuses ....you'll have to pull the moldings and the ceiling to run it..and to make this bolt on i would of pulled the female from the chassis harness of the diamante that way you can connect it to the galant dome and the galant harness without cutting or splicing the factory harness...great mod might I say

therev
04-18-2009, 03:11 PM
cool thnx guys im going to do this in a few mins! outline the whole first with a quick erase marker then dremel it out and wire it to the front domes

~Gabe

platano
04-20-2009, 02:24 AM
cool thnx guys im going to do this in a few mins! outline the whole first with a quick erase marker then dremel it out and wire it to the front domes

~Gabe

and post pictures!!!