PDA

View Full Version : mounting/bracing CAI

schick
08-19-2002, 03:54 PM
for those that have custom made their own CAI, how did you brace the CAI so it doesn't come loose or move around alot?

I was thinking of getting an aluminum sheet and making something like this one ('http://www.3sxperformance.com/intake.asp') (the 3SX Intake/MAS Support Bracket)

2True
08-19-2002, 04:32 PM
That 3SX bracket actually looks pretty cool 8) not sure if it would mate up to great on a Galant but it's worth a shot.
When I put my WeaponR intake in I did a custom job. Living in Alaska I was afraid the dirt roads and mud and such would reek havac on my Ram Air Filter, so when I took out the OEM air box I kept one side of it (the side that's removable). I mounted that on the original bracket, facing up. So basically it's a splash gaurd! I cut the back end out some so that my MAS and cone fit in there snug with no restrictions on air flow. It's not the greatest design but it works, even with my CAI in now nothing moves. If you want more info just e-mail me for it.

schick
08-19-2002, 06:32 PM
Well, I wasn't gonna use that exact one, but fabricate something like it.

MitsuMan
08-19-2002, 07:22 PM
i just got i mount coming off the battery tray, its sturdy as hell, i dont know , it works for me

G-Lant
08-20-2002, 08:38 PM
yeah I think it would be easier to mount it off the battery tray also.

pinoyesv6
08-20-2002, 10:12 PM
i'd support it at the MAS since it already has holes for bolts and such. and then i'd support the lower pipe too with some hose clamps and getto bolt it to something, but make sure that it was some room to move since your motor moves too

brandon
08-21-2002, 09:28 AM
I dunno about you guys but there's so little room that my CAI sits fine without any support other than some clamps and such to keep it all together.

I removed the battery tray and it sits right down on what appears to be an air conditioning line of some sort.