PDA

View Full Version : correct a/c delete

Gtorque
04-24-2009, 01:53 PM
hey guys i deleted my a/c but the blower still comes on and all.i got rid of everything out from under the engine bay.but wat is it exactly that i have to take out under the dash?

wright06jhs
04-24-2009, 03:03 PM
I wouldnt take anything out under the dash, just leave it. It will still show that its coming on; on your dash. But in reality its not doing anything at all.

I would just leave it. Unless your going for weight reduction, then the only thing you will need to remove is the core that was connected to the AC lines on the firewall.

SPD_FRK
04-24-2009, 03:22 PM
The controls on the dash will still function as though the A/c is running. Basically your light on the knob will light up (if its working) when the button is depressed. This action will switch the relay that powers the a/c compressor so that it will start to cycle the system and pump the cool air in. Even when the a/c stuff is out (the freon or whatever) the system will still kick on as it was working properly, but will not blow in cold air.

You will be fine when turning the system on, however I would suggested fabricating some sort of plug for the mounting plate that the a/c lines mount to on the firewall.

customgalant99
04-24-2009, 04:11 PM
why dont you pull the fuse for the blower motor

wright06jhs
04-24-2009, 04:22 PM
why dont you pull the fuse for the blower motor

And not have a blower motor for heat??

01blackG
04-24-2009, 04:57 PM
There are fuse/relays for the a/c. If you pull those I beleave it shuts down the a/c completly but leaves the heater still working. Give it a shot, let me know if that works.