PDA

View Full Version : Memorial Day Weekend BBQ? May 23rd

Blazepr24
04-24-2009, 04:54 PM
Hey Guys,

I know its a long shot but I just wanted to extend the invite anyhow.

May 23rd
Duke Island Park
Raritan NJ
12pm-Sundown

A couple of friends and I are planning a Memorial Day weekend BBQ on the above date, they are spreading the word out to their forums,clubs and what have you... we are trying to do the first tuner/show car meet ever done in this part of NJ...since all we have are classics and muscle we want to kind of break the mold for once... we know someone who works in the park commision and we are trying to get a permit that would allow us to section off a big enough area of the park to fit at least 100 cars... we are hoping to have no problem getting the permit...hey if it works out we may make it an annual thing.

It will be from 12pm until sundown, you guys could bring anything else you want cooked or to drink... (we are trying to make it family friendly so please be EZ on the alcohol...thats if we allowed to have any..not sure)

The park itself has built in grilles so all we need are the untencils and charcoal...

like I said we are in the planning stages of it and are trying to see what kind of interested there is in it...being its Memorial Day weekend..I know most of ya might have plans already, but just wanted to let ya know just in case

let me know if there is any interest in maybe attending, I will update you guys as we go along and get more information on it...and if the permits come thru.

Thanks Guys

therev
04-24-2009, 05:56 PM
Looks like im in if the permit comes through, if not lets move it somewhere else? This sounds like an awesome meet.

~Gabe

Blazepr24
04-24-2009, 07:27 PM
Cool Gabe....I will def keep you posted... We are also trying to see what other options we have as far as place and space....but lets see, my friend called me a little while ago and told me we will meet with the person he knows from the parks comission next Friday to see what they can do for us..... so keep ya fingerz crossed..LOL

03-Galant-ES
04-24-2009, 08:30 PM
You may have sucky attendance if anyone is doing a meet that weekend its probably b2nx

https://www.thegalantcenter.org/showthread.php?t=35181

Blazepr24
04-25-2009, 05:56 AM
You may have sucky attendance if anyone is doing a meet that weekend its probably b2nx

https://www.thegalantcenter.org/showthread.php?t=35181

I kind of figured that...but like I mentioned.....

being its Memorial Day weekend..I know most of ya might have plans already, but just wanted to let ya know just in case

I guess this more for those (like me) who cant make it out to B2NX and whose plans are few to none...LOL...but we will see....

9G
04-25-2009, 08:44 AM
really? who from mid atlantic will travel all the way to Illinois?

Blazepr24
04-30-2009, 09:24 AM
Ight ya figured I would provide an update regarding this... I spoke with the local parks and recreations office, being its a public state park there is nothing they can do as far as providing permits to close down a certain section of the park, they have given us the okay to use the park so basically parking will be on a first come first serve basis, we can use the park at our leisure but they have given us rules to follow....so here it goes

NO BURN OUTs.
DO NOT REV YOUR ENGINE.
DO NOT SPEED THROUGH THE LOT.
DO NOT PLAY YOUR MUSIC LOUD.
ACT ACCORDINGLY.
NO ALCOHOL.

Our park is designed to have a family atmosphere. Anyone should be able to bring their whole family to enjoy the company without fear of worrying about the police or other people that feel they must prove themselves in the park, if someone is acting up.. ask them politely to stop.. if it continues, further actions will be taken. Inform any staff. (Park Rangers), they will be able to direct it to the appropriate authorities.

Once Again let me know if anyone may be interested in coming out to this, I will provide all the info I can for you also pm my # if ya need it!

Thanks

-Jay

ZigenScarface
04-30-2009, 10:17 AM
no burnouts, revving, and alcohol? ill pass

Galanttuner10
04-30-2009, 11:09 AM
i might be down if i ever get a damn day off from work and thats a busy weekend in the food industry and im sure if we rev it a lil on the way out they wont kick us out as were leaving

Blazepr24
04-30-2009, 01:06 PM
no burnouts, revving, and alcohol? ill pass

LOL sorry bro...

i might be down if i ever get a damn day off from work and thats a busy weekend in the food industry and im sure if we rev it a lil on the way out they wont kick us out as were leaving

Thats cool I know its gonna be a crazy ass weekend... but if you think you could let me know...no pressure!

I am sure on the way out we should be ok.... as long as no one lights em up I think we should be ok...there is always cops in the park and there is a precent right down the road so you know there is going to be a PD presence, epecially since this will be the first ever meet done in this park.

ZigenScarface
04-30-2009, 01:18 PM
any more info on the park such as activities they have? fields or courts for playing ball? ect?

skrap
04-30-2009, 01:51 PM
well where exactly is this park located??? that will decide on weither i shall attend.

03-Galant-ES
04-30-2009, 02:04 PM
Ok well due to financial problems I cant make the trip to B2NX :-( Ill probably cruise in for the bbq more details as the date approaches would help I can bring some sodas.

Blazepr24
05-01-2009, 07:47 AM
http://www.somersetcountyparks.org/activities/parks/dukeIslandPk.htm

there is also a few areas we can get a football game going if anyone wants too dont think there are courts tho....not really much but a great place to get a BBQ going and have a great time within the group.

We would use Parking lot C and Picnic Area 4

take a look and gimme ya thoughts

as we get closer I would like to get a list of who is coming for sure going...I would need to have the list no later than May 16th.

Thanks guys

-Jay

03-Galant-ES
05-16-2009, 02:52 PM
Jay any list on who is going?

Blazepr24
05-21-2009, 09:07 AM
Dam it to hell!!!! :sniff:

I just got word that the main guy who was helping me do this event got into a bad wreck and is in the hospital..... I am def going to postpone this event ya.... I will hold off until further notice... there is just no way I can handle all the costs on my own... we did not have many ppl coming prob like a total of 8 pp w/faml and most of them are his ppl... so they told me to cancel the event for now.....

Sorry guys but I will post an update as to when we will do it again....

03-Galant-ES
05-21-2009, 05:56 PM
Damn that sucks anyone in the area still want to get together this weekend? We can do an NYC cruise and find a spot to hang out.