PDA

View Full Version : HELP!!!! 97 GALANT IS DYING......

MistaMits
02-11-2003, 12:24 AM
:x :x I am so pissed, i bought my 97 galant a little over a week ago with 56,000 miles, and problems keep persisting. the engine cuts out for like a half a second, and then the check engine light comes on and then goes off. The engine is making a muffled sound, and hesitating before it will really accelerate, and tonight i was going around a corner and the power steering went out, the check engine light and the battery light came on, and i started to hear a scraping sound that came from the front of the car. I stopped the car, and put it in park, but the sound persisted until i shut the engine off. The dealer has put the car in the shop twice to fix things but the car is only partially being fixed. Any ideas anyone??!!!

Galant Ryder
02-11-2003, 12:39 AM
Give that shit back and get your money back...only thing i can say. sorry to hear about your problems.

MistaMits
02-11-2003, 12:54 AM
thanx man, only problem is that i financed it, and im not sure what to do. Besides if these things can be fixed i would like to keep the car.

RMG612
02-11-2003, 08:34 AM
I would take his advice and take it back.

Theres nothing worse thean buying a problem car.

Just go find another dealer with a galant.

peanotation
02-11-2003, 08:47 AM
yeah, seriously, cause even if u do get this fixed, there's gonna be another problem down the road that normally wouldn't occur, you'll be struggling with it the whole time u own it.

smilley
02-11-2003, 06:43 PM
Dude... it sounds like some serious electronic problems. Your car maybe a flood victim and the electronics are all screwed up. Take the advice. Bring it back and get your money for another proper runner.