PDA

View Full Version : need many opinions!!!

galantman
08-19-2002, 04:58 PM
i want the evo hod, but not sure if i want arbon fiber because my car is bodega biege....so heres what im thinkin ..im gonna buy the evo scoop from erebuni for 140..then have someone paint it and put it on my oem hood... would this be cheaper then buying a fiberglass evo hood and painting it? or should i just get the cf? im soooo confused, but let me know what you guys think.

cdaw2001ES
08-19-2002, 06:51 PM
Well - The CF hood is much lighter than the stock hood, and that translates in to better performance. Other than that, it's your call - If you are just going for looks....

spiritborn
08-19-2002, 08:18 PM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(cdaw2001ES)</div><div class='quotemain'>Well - The CF hood is much lighter than the stock hood, and that translates in to better performance. Other than that, it's your call - If you are just going for looks....</div>

Ditto!

Black2k1GTZ
08-19-2002, 08:33 PM
I think if you are spending that much money on a CF hood..then you should leave it unpainted. Check out Vegas Matt's car...he has the cf evo hood on a beige galant. I think it looks alright. I would honestly get just the scoop itself from Eribuni if your gonna paint it!!!

Marc :mg:

Tiller
08-20-2002, 12:20 AM
IMO, adding a hood scoop to your galant is ghey...

hey, you wanted MANY opinions, well, you just got one of many...https://www.thegalantcenter.org/style_emoticons/default/wink.gif

Shylynn
08-20-2002, 09:48 AM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Tiller)</div><div class='quotemain'>IMO, adding a hood scoop to your galant is ghey...

hey, you wanted MANY opinions, well, you just got one of many...https://www.thegalantcenter.org/style_emoticons/default/wink.gif</div>

dont listen to tiller everything to him is ghey :bisou:
if you are just going for looks and lookinf to save money then i would go with the hood scoop, but if you are going for perfromance i would get the cf hood

pic on beige galant (vegasmatts galant)

http://members2.photofun.com/nighthawkgalant/iTOOLImageGallery/CF%20Hood%202%2Ejpg

Tiller
08-20-2002, 10:05 AM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Shylynn)</div><div class='quotemain'>

dont listen to tiller everything to him is ghey :bisou: </div>

no dear, not everyhting... but a hood scoop on a Galant...? that's whey ghey... :roll:

BlueESV6
08-20-2002, 01:55 PM
my opinion:

it's a matter of your personal taste.... painted/unpainted.... scoop only/ or hood....

it's whatever you like... good luck! https://www.thegalantcenter.org/style_emoticons/default/smile.gif

MrDomu
08-20-2002, 06:58 PM
You need to have it painted if you get the hood. Think about it......

8)

ThaKiDThaTWinS
08-20-2002, 07:26 PM
hey what kind of bumper is that on vegasmatts galant?

J. T. Z.
08-20-2002, 08:01 PM
I say go with the CF hood but don't paint it. If you don't like that look than you could always go with the Eribuni evo style one and paint it. The bumper on VegasMatt's car is the Eribuni 384 bumper.

Alister_McRae
08-21-2002, 12:14 AM
Does the Cf hood come painted black already like on vegas matts car, or is it like an ugly grey color?

Tiller
08-21-2002, 12:18 AM
carbon fiber is carbon fiber... it's not painted... it's a black and grey/silver weave...

it's got a look all it's own... i love the look of carbon fiber... but i wouldn't put a CF hood on my ride unless it was OEM style... vents and scoops = rice...

leicoolya
08-21-2002, 03:15 AM
i know that if u plan on putting a erebuni scoup on, it will never look perfect...lots of molding and all that crap.....erebuni makes shitty products anyways...get the cf hood.....paint it...and be happy....thats what i plan on doing since i don't like the whole cf look...but thats just me

GalantT3
08-27-2002, 09:05 AM
I have a bodega beige Galant too and Im telling you there is no way some Black Carbon Fiber hood will work with that color, unless you get the 2002 Galant headlights that are blackened out inside and some black opal rims. https://www.thegalantcenter.org/style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif but even then it would look stupid.

Your best bet is to paint the Carbon Fiber hood. I know its covering up the beauty of having a Carbon Fiber hood but its lightweight and the fact that it weighs less is the real reason for the hoods anyway so what doesnt matter. Either that or change the color of the car. I dont know about you but I happen to like our color.

Danger DANJ
08-27-2002, 10:50 AM
I have a beige Galant with the EVO CF hood sitting in my garage and it will look tight as hell, just look at Matt's car. You can't go by what people say, it's all about what you like. If I went with what people are saying, I would not have a CF hood, but who cares what they say?

Galant 2NR
08-27-2002, 11:21 AM
I agree with Tiller. Bolting on a cheeseball erebuni scoop is ghey. :wink:

VegasMatt
08-27-2002, 11:55 AM
Dont get the hood scoop, get the real thing!
Either go throught the task of trying to make the Erebuni Hood fit OR Get the CF Hood (Either paint it, or dont), or wait for the OEM CF Hood. The CF Hood that I have bolted right on in less than two minutes. It is a PERFECT fit. I just put on the hood pins this weekend and it looks tight.

Dont get the hood scoop, that is just as dumb as what I saw this morning and that was a Civic with a BMW emblem in replace of the Honda emblem. Waygay!!!

Matt

Tiller
08-27-2002, 12:34 PM
Civic with a BMW emblem in replace of the Honda emblem. Waygay!!!

Matt

ahhhh... i would have had to run the guy off the road... https://www.thegalantcenter.org/style_emoticons/default/wink.gif

GalantT3
08-27-2002, 05:34 PM
https://www.thegalantcenter.org/style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif Tiller!

What about that BMW conversion? Have you ever seen that, were they mold the front of a bmw (Kindney grill included) on to a civic or an integra! Thats kinda fruity! But I thought about since Galants kinda look like 5 series sedans what would that look like on a Galant??

Any photoshop experts care to give that a try.

An 8G Galant with the Bmw conversion up front?

Tiller
08-27-2002, 06:51 PM
yes, i have seen pictures of a Civic like that... although it looked kind of appealing, i just never understood, WHY, anyone would spend that kind of money on their Civic...?

Reelax
08-27-2002, 07:15 PM
umm... in defense of people that spend money ridiculously, being safe and practical can be boring. u guys that know me, know that i must have a different value system going on, since ridculous stuff appeals to me. just do what u want w/ ur money. my money will be spent on what i want to do regardless of what other people think. as long as i think it's a good idea, and i have the funds to back it up, i'm gonna do it. hehe... if we were going by things being stupid, then i'm way stupid and i'm not even halfway done yet... but i'm having fun!

:bouncing:

Black2k1GTZ
08-27-2002, 07:41 PM
Shit...last year at DubDays there was an accord with a Jaguar front end molded on!!!!!!!!! And to be honest at first I was like...what the hell for...then I stood there and looked at it for a while...and was like man at least he can say he did something that NO-ONE else in the world has done. Kinda like that Expodition with the Mercedes front end...to be original these days you have to think beyond the boundries of sanity...even if they dont go together...take 2 things that you like...and slap them together!!!

Marc :mg: