PDA

View Full Version : Cali Spec Question

kungfuwaffles
05-03-2009, 08:39 AM
ok..so...I have the 03 GTZ and I am Blessed with the Cali spec of all God forbidden things....and to cut ppl off..I am not purchasing headers as of yet..I know about the foulers for the O2 if I choose to do this so I wont b urn the O2 sensors..and yes..I used the search...but I seem not to pull n e info...now..if I were to "remove" the pre-cats, because the Government thought it would be cool to have them, would this effect the flow of the exhaust in a good way ...or would it be worthless to do....and I already though that it may burn out my main cat...and I think that if I do this..all that will come of it is the car being louder. I just have in my mind that the headers delete them n e way. Any insight on the pre-cat deletion?? Will this effect the way my car runs in a bad way? Any info would be great

RedGalant2k1
05-03-2009, 08:56 AM
The more open the exhaust, generally the car makes more power. Resonators and catalytic converters generally rob power because of slowing gases down and increasing backpressure.

kungfuwaffles
05-03-2009, 10:32 AM
The more open the exhaust, generally the car makes more power. Resonators and catalytic converters generally rob power because of slowing gases down and increasing backpressure.

well..thats what I was thinking, But I didnt know if I was going to run into issues with the car and the O2 readings..I know I may throw a CEL...I will try the foulers to fix that..but I was just concerned about harming the car..I already have a cat-back...soI know this may make it louder..which is not really a plus.but if it helps the flow ....I can live with it

RedGalant2k1
05-03-2009, 10:39 AM
Its not going to harm the car, other than make the PCM throw a code.

kungfuwaffles
05-03-2009, 10:44 AM
Its not going to harm the car, other than make the PCM throw a code.

hmm...alright ...sounds good....I am thinking of retrofitting the space with "test pipes" ..I mean..I have seen or heard of ppl just unbolting and taking the good ole' broom to the insides of them and putting them back...but I dunno....doesnt seem to be the best idea..I mean if the outcome is the same..then ok..but it seems a little sketchy..n e ways.I want it to be clean with no doubts of n e thing going astray...

dronesurfboards
05-05-2009, 12:23 AM
dont kill your your catalytic converter, those things cost a grip. just get test pipes. but to be honest with you, i didnt see any difference when i switched to test pipes on my G35. car is louder but i didnt see any difference in performance. besides pulling a CEL, its a matter of preference. Wish there was no OBD2, OBD1 ftw.