PDA

View Full Version : Back Brakes?

Kenshin
02-11-2003, 05:49 PM
Sup Peeps,

My front brakes isnt doing there jobs. How can I get back brakes on my ride since they didnt come with them. I have a 00 galant. Would this be expensive to install back brakes on my ride. Where do I buy them from?

NRG
02-11-2003, 05:56 PM
Get back brakes????? You do have rear brakes already.....Its called drums......

If your fronts aren't doing their job, you should change your pads or inspect them. Even if you have disc brakes on the back, it won't help much because more than 80% of the stopping power is in the front.....

pinoyesv6
02-11-2003, 07:56 PM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(NRG)</div><div class='quotemain'>Get back brakes????? Â*You do have rear brakes already.....Its called drums......

If your fronts aren't doing their job, you should change your pads or inspect them. Â*Even if you have disc brakes on the back, it won't help much because more than 80% of the stopping power is in the front.....</div>

that and well, the drum brake system is a really good system. in theory, it does out peform the disc brake system. but yea, why doesn't your car have drum brakes on the front then? well cuz of the heat. since the braking surface is enclosed in the drum, heat gets to build up and well, that heat reduces ur braking capablities. its ok for the rear since they only do a lil bit of the braking but yea ur not gonna see a big difference from it and the disc brake system

99DE AKA Corvette Killer
02-18-2003, 02:10 PM
Dude, I got GTZ rear calipers salvage, DBA x-Drilled & Slotted in a group buy a good while back, rear caliper bolts and e-brake hardware from the dealer and made the swap with a friend's help in less than hald a day. Total cost - less than $500. They work fine and they look great.