PDA

View Full Version : Power Window Motor Need Help

Moosh
02-11-2003, 06:31 PM
Hi. The motor for my front driverside window is dieing. The window goes up slow and crooked. My friend looked at the insides and said that the motor is going to die soon. What is the best price I can get it for new? Is it worth trying to get it used or would it be smarter to buy this part new? Where can I get it? Thanks.

Kain
02-11-2003, 07:06 PM
If this just recently started, your motor is fine. The rubber around the window is getting old and "grabby" Get some Mother's Back to Black, and apply it to the window rubber....good as new! I've done it dozens of times, hasn't failed yet.

Moosh
02-11-2003, 07:08 PM
It has happened since I purchased the car used October. It hasn't degenerated or gotten better. Which rubber around the window? The rubber inside the door? Can you describe the process so I can try it out. Thanks.

pinoyesv6
02-11-2003, 08:07 PM
if you can find yourself a back yard mechanic ur good to go. i know my neighbor is one and well, he's done the windows for all of my parents cars. doesn't even need to be the motor from that same car.

Kain
02-11-2003, 09:46 PM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Moosh)</div><div class='quotemain'>It has happened since I purchased the car used October. It hasn't degenerated or gotten better. Which rubber around the window? The rubber inside the door? Can you describe the process so I can try it out. Thanks.</div>

The "track" that is on the front side of the windowinside and out. Just put the Back to Black on that piece according to the instructions on the bottle. (you can hit the top and back side too, if you like doing things thoroughly)Very simple, and a whole lot cheaper than a new motor ($6 vs ~$400).

IllestGalant
02-16-2003, 10:47 AM
whoa whoa whoa, the motor is fine, stop what you are doing. if the window goes up crooked it is the simplest fix there is. the four 10mm bolts that hold the regulator to the door loosen them up. push the window
back in the upper corner towards the rear of the car and tighten them
back down. you could even slot the bolt holes to really push back the
track. lube the track with some silicone or white lithium grease
and your done.