PDA

View Full Version : Aloha!

DJ_Devistatix
05-07-2009, 02:34 PM
hi...im new here..heh...my friends call me Dev...I live on the south side of the Big Island of Hawaii..I've been DJing since 02...mainly psytrance, freeform hardcore, DnB, and Dubstep...as well as a few other styles of electronic music...ummm...

i recently purchased a 98 galant about 5 days ago for $500...not sure what model it is...currently rebuilding the front of it...the car sustained a bit of damage after it rear ended a lifted 4runner...smashed hood, headlights, bumper cover, header panel, bent radiator and AC condenser, twisted radiator support assembly...the rest of the car is mint though...o wait...the strap i had holding the hood down snapped and the hood flew up and smashed the windshield when i was going about 55mph...haha....its gonna be a fun project rebuilding and decking this thing out...ive only driven it a few times, and so far i love this car...definitely one of my favorite cars that i have owned thus far aside from a 92vw cabriolet i used to have...looking forward to talking to you guys!

aloha!

4-G-rim
05-07-2009, 04:16 PM
You own a 7th gen Galant....not many 7g owners on the these boards.

Post pics!

Welcome to TGC!

DJ_Devistatix
05-07-2009, 04:23 PM
i can get pics...but its really not much to look at right now...its missing all exterior parts on the front..haha...its a work in progress right now...everything from the radiator forward is gone besides the support assembly....which i rrreeeeally need to change before i can have anymore progress...its super bent out of shape

diablos991
05-07-2009, 04:50 PM
Welcome!

Pictures are always fun no matter the condition!

Fishboy55
05-07-2009, 04:54 PM
Welcome to TGC. You may be our first member from the 50th state. I can't recall another member from Hawaii. Anyways, there are quite a few 7G owners on the boards and most of them know their cars intimately, so don't hesitate to ask them questions...after searching, of course :lol:

DJ_Devistatix
05-07-2009, 04:55 PM
yeh ill definitly try to get some up tonight...im probably gonna go bang on it a bit more in a little bit...i was actually kinda oping someone on here could help me get the parts i need to finish it up....not many places on the mainland will ship to hawaii...:(...its created a bt of a wall for me....also considering there are only about 3 galants on the island...none of which are in a junkyard...and ive already checked every one here...bleh...im praying that one of my friends can find the parts in oahu but im not to optimistic about it

skyhigh90210
05-07-2009, 05:16 PM
Welcome!

DJ_Devistatix
05-08-2009, 12:55 AM
crap...i was gonna take pictures, but then found out that my g/fs camera got stolen/lost just a few days ago...i have a few crappy phone pics, but i dont know how to get them on to my computer.....but im pretty much at a stand still now anyways...so ill post them up once i am able to get some pics

kolio
05-08-2009, 01:05 AM
Welcome!

consider if your gonna go any other route from stock with the front. now would be the time

DJ_Devistatix
05-08-2009, 01:08 AM
hahaha...yeh mos definitely..im still debating if i should go with a cyber or drift kit...the cyber seems a bit more flashy, and the drift seems a bit more clean cut looking

shipping to hawaii is the number one thing that is keeping me from finishing this car and putting it back on the road right now

Jeffylou87
05-08-2009, 01:12 AM
I guess you can't come to any meets.. LOL welcome!

kolio
05-08-2009, 01:16 AM
hahaha...yeh mos definitely..im still debating if i should go with a cyber or drift kit...the cyber seems a bit more flashy, and the drift seems a bit more clean cut looking

shipping to hawaii is the number one thing that is keeping me from finishing this car and putting it back on the road right now

there is always the JDM route, 2 bumpers available.

diamond edition (on my car)
VR-4 look up galant306m's car

good luck with whatever you choose and you came to the right place

kolio
05-08-2009, 01:17 AM
BTW 2KGALANT is on the island so you aren't alone

paflow
05-08-2009, 06:45 AM
Welcome!

galant808
05-08-2009, 05:12 PM
Aloha... Expensive shipping to Hawaii is a myth...
It's basically shipping from the east coast to the west via air...
But if udon't want that rout, ill get you my supplier in Oahu..
325-425 full kit on the cyber1/2....
Or, we could go wid rout 3 n do it jdm, direct from the land of the rising sun...
Mahalo,..Auryttte!

mrjaydeeone
05-08-2009, 09:32 PM
welcome to TGC

DJ_Devistatix
05-08-2009, 11:28 PM
Aloha... Expensive shipping to Hawaii is a myth...
It's basically shipping from the east coast to the west via air...
But if udon't want that rout, ill get you my supplier in Oahu..
325-425 full kit on the cyber1/2....
Or, we could go wid rout 3 n do it jdm, direct from the land of the rising sun...
Mahalo,..Auryttte!

eyyy cuz howz it!...808reppin!..hah...325-425 for a full kit? (kitworx?...im supposed to be getting a cf hood from them pretty soon)...is that shipped to the BI?...if thats the case...we need to talk real soon :)

galant808
05-09-2009, 03:40 AM
Das da place bradah....
I got mines a few years back...
Then sniped it via young brothers to lanai...
I'm sure you could ship it on the barge to the b.i....
If u can't wait a week, you can do it on kamaka air...
120 on airline, 65 on barge.., das rough estimate... But fairly accurate...
Give me your email, I'll show you wat I got.... Hehe..,
808.... Les do dis.... Peace bradah!

DJ_Devistatix
05-09-2009, 01:47 PM
yeh my emal is the same as my screen name on here...just at hotmail...

you wouldnt happen to know where i could find some 7g parts on oahu wuld you :)

DJ_Devistatix
05-29-2009, 07:51 PM
so i got some pics up finally...they are in the project section..cheeee

SkylineG1
05-29-2009, 08:52 PM
welcome