PDA

View Full Version : Finally got my new manifold *PICS*

Stewi
05-09-2009, 06:19 PM
Well after waiting nearly two months for my manifold and downpipe to be made, they are made. They forgot to add the recirc tube on the downpipe so im sending the downpipe back to be fixed, but the manifold is sick. I havent even held it yet as im still in TX, but my wife sent me cell phone pics and its sick. These are the pics taken by PeakBoost prior to shipping it out, the pics of my manifold are on their site because this is the first one they have done for an EVO with the BLING option....

http://ep.yimg.com/ip/I/cheapturbo_2054_0

http://ep.yimg.com/ip/I/cheapturbo_2054_389025

ZigenScarface
05-09-2009, 06:37 PM
does that clear the hood with no problem?

IVORY_G
05-09-2009, 06:41 PM
Nice, looks sick! Pix of the downpipe?

Stewi
05-09-2009, 07:41 PM
does that clear the hood with no problem?

yea, the top of the turbo sits about 1" lower than the top of the valve cover.

RedGalant2k1
05-09-2009, 07:45 PM
Impeccable.

qnz
05-09-2009, 07:47 PM
secksi.

thats ceramic coating right, to keep the heat down? that is a crazy setup. im not worthy!!

ZigenScarface
05-09-2009, 08:05 PM
cool deal! cant wait to see it at corona.. and yes u better have ur car running by then

Galante
05-09-2009, 08:19 PM
Nice.. I hope i can turbo my car..

fatal1
05-09-2009, 08:34 PM
dope!

DOHCstunr
05-09-2009, 08:59 PM
which hole do i put it in?

WarmAndSCSI
05-09-2009, 09:08 PM
thats ceramic coating right, to keep the heat down?

wut? That's called polished stainless steel.

Looks nice, wish people would make equivalent quality stuff for the 6G72.

But I'm noticing a lack of finishing around the inside of the turbine inlet flange. Gonna grind that out to get rid of that ridge? I'm guessing the runners are cleaned up and ground out at the cylinder head side.

phizzalot
05-09-2009, 09:10 PM
Very very nice stewi.. is that a top mount turbo setup? that will look sweet when bolted on...

WarmAndSCSI
05-09-2009, 09:13 PM
is that a top mount turbo setup?

Dude you own an Evo and another 4G64 car, you have good photos of the manifold, and you're asking that?

lol, you guys kill me.

Too bad it's not a v-band setup. Man a polished TiAL hotside along with that polished manifold would be so pretty...

NVMY8G
05-09-2009, 10:22 PM
jeezus that thing looks sick.

Stewi
05-10-2009, 08:32 AM
My original plan was to run a tial hotside and a 37R but then it wouldnt make sense to have a polished hotside that I still had to put a heatshield over. With this manifold the turbine housing is about 2 1/2" from the hood. There is no way for me not to put a bag on the hotside. Plus im getting a CF hood in the next month or so. The DP is polished too, while it looks nice, im gonna run it a few times as is, if the heat is too much im gonna end up swain coating the downpipe and the turbine housing.

I just got an email back from peakboost saying they no longer offer the setup with the re-circ wastegate, so I guess im gonna need to re-circ it myself or run open dump. I really wanted to recirc it because I wanted to keep this car as queit as possible. We will see what happens, I wont be home for another week, so once I get back I can really mess with it.

Stewi
05-10-2009, 08:35 AM
which hole do i put it in?

You can put it in one of the holes for the head flange. I will give you the benefit of the doubt and say you can have the hole for one of the 14mm studs. LOL

RedGalant2k1
05-10-2009, 08:44 AM
My original plan was to run a tial hotside and a 37R but then it wouldnt make sense to have a polished hotside that I still had to put a heatshield over. With this manifold the turbine housing is about 2 1/2" from the hood. There is no way for me not to put a bag on the hotside. Plus im getting a CF hood in the next month or so. The DP is polished too, while it looks nice, im gonna run it a few times as is, if the heat is too much im gonna end up swain coating the downpipe and the turbine housing.

I just got an email back from peakboost saying they no longer offer the setup with the re-circ wastegate, so I guess im gonna need to re-circ it myself or run open dump. I really wanted to recirc it because I wanted to keep this car as queit as possible. We will see what happens, I wont be home for another week, so once I get back I can really mess with it.

Quiet, and reduced boost lag between shifts too. My friends S4 (which had RS4 race turbos) recirc'd his system, the car had quite literally no boost lag whatsoever, and was crazy fast too boot.

Ivory8g
05-10-2009, 09:38 AM
that is straight hotness! omg. I would love to see that mounted with a nice polished hotside and compressor will set that off!!

WarmAndSCSI
05-10-2009, 04:38 PM
Quiet, and reduced boost lag between shifts too. My friends S4 (which had RS4 race turbos) recirc'd his system, the car had quite literally no boost lag whatsoever, and was crazy fast too boot.

Wastegate != BPV/BOV

Divorced wastegates are always better for performance if you can handle the noise. You can get really close to divorced performance if you carefully select how you route the wastegate stream back into the downpipe.

Stewi
05-11-2009, 09:57 PM
just finished ordering ALL the rest of the parts needed to fab up a new downpipe and dump tube, im hoping it all arrives at my house before I come back from texas on friday.

Johnathansgalant
05-14-2009, 01:11 PM
do u need a bracket or something to support the turbo or is it strong enough?? Also I was wondering why you went top mount? Is it to run cooler or just for more space in the bay?

Stewi
05-14-2009, 05:44 PM
do u need a bracket or something to support the turbo or is it strong enough?? Also I was wondering why you went top mount? Is it to run cooler or just for more space in the bay?

no brackets needed, the manifold is designed to be strong enough to hold it. I went with the top mount for sake of clearance, considering possible future upgrades. By top mounting it, it gives more space to run a larger downpipe and is just easier to work on it.

showtime
05-14-2009, 06:14 PM
is it in yet? I want to see some installed pics!

WarmAndSCSI
05-14-2009, 06:29 PM
no brackets needed, the manifold is designed to be strong enough to hold it. I went with the top mount for sake of clearance, considering possible future upgrades. By top mounting it, it gives more space to run a larger downpipe and is just easier to work on it.

Tru dat. Being able to remove your turbo without pulling the manifold and downpipe FTW. :rockon:

Stewi
05-14-2009, 06:47 PM
is it in yet? I want to see some installed pics!

LOL...is it in yet? I hope you dont get asked that alot.

all jokes aside, no its not in yet. I havent even seen the thing in person, it got shipped to my house in NY and im in TX for work, im flying back to NY tomorrow, so tomorrow I will finally be able to REALLY look at it.

showtime
05-15-2009, 01:31 AM
LOL...is it in yet? I hope you dont get asked that alot.

all jokes aside, no its not in yet. I havent even seen the thing in person, it got shipped to my house in NY and im in TX for work, im flying back to NY tomorrow, so tomorrow I will finally be able to REALLY look at it.

LMAO, I should read things over before I post them. Well it looks really good, im sure you will post some pics when its in... ;)