PDA

View Full Version : NOOB fender idea

es_fact
05-10-2009, 08:27 PM
So i just remembered i have a set of "semi-new" fenders for the 8g at the shop. I want to set up some JDM markers on them, now I know how to locate and all that.. I read Galante's build... but what i cant seem to find is how do you guys go about cutting the fenders? straight up dremel? and leave the harsh open metal or what? i need help before i mess it all up lol. once it's done i'll have a set of fenders for sale.. I'll predrill them if you guys need it lol..

fatal1
05-10-2009, 09:13 PM
yea basically, although make sure you protect the area you cut with some clearcoat so it wont rust being from being exposed. the markers themselves are much larger then the area you cut so everything is covered. but definately try and make it as clean a cut as possible

es_fact
05-10-2009, 09:20 PM
so i should possibly get the markers first (obviously) lol

and from there im' guessing to cut a whole for size of the clip..iplan on repainting the fenders AFTER the cuts so i can protect them AND i can color match lol.. they beige now.. i need them silver..

youngin3
05-10-2009, 09:54 PM
damn. I was gonna see how much you wanted for your beige fenders, but I just now saw that you are in Canada, so shipping might suck.

Galante
05-11-2009, 06:48 AM
Before you cut measure.. and when you are ready measure again.. Practice on a card board first (that's how i did prior the actual cutting). Measure using a caliper. I used a dremel w/ a cutting disc to cut the fender. I cut from left to right and top to bottom. As Fatal have said ensure you put a paint on the area you cut for rust protection. Btw, also use a level when you draw your baseline on where you want the markers to be.

Goodluck and let us know the progress..

es_fact
05-11-2009, 08:39 AM
damn. I was gonna see how much you wanted for your beige fenders, but I just now saw that you are in Canada, so shipping might suck.

lmao possibly, but i can always check for you. Now i plan on cutting the beige ones first, i can send you those, ifnot Im' going to paint them, and i can send you the silvers..lol i don't wanna ruin the silvers and get stuck with beige ones :)

Before you cut measure.. and when you are ready measure again.. Practice on a card board first (that's how i did prior the actual cutting). Measure using a caliper. I used a dremel w/ a cutting disc to cut the fender. I cut from left to right and top to bottom. As Fatal have said ensure you put a paint on the area you cut for rust protection. Btw, also use a level when you draw your baseline on where you want the markers to be.

Goodluck and let us know the progress..

thanks :)... and one last thing... what side marker do you guys recomend? any? lol.. or is there an actual one i was just planning on a regular mazda since i have great connections with them. Maybe a VW... is there a brand you guys have in mind? I know it doesn't really matter.. but jw

youngin3
05-11-2009, 09:11 AM
So wait, you are cutting the beige ones first to practice, then cutting the silver ones, then selling the beige ones as long as you don't mess up your silver ones?

I don't care if the holes are cut in them as long as they're cut right, I can put side markers in them if I need to.

Check out how much it would be to get them, or even just one. I only NEED the right one.

They are bodega beige also, right?

es_fact
05-11-2009, 11:49 AM
So wait, you are cutting the beige ones first to practice, then cutting the silver ones, then selling the beige ones as long as you don't mess up your silver ones?

I don't care if the holes are cut in them as long as they're cut right, I can put side markers in them if I need to.

Check out how much it would be to get them, or even just one. I only NEED the right one.

They are bodega beige also, right?

correct lol.. although Im' going to ractice on a couple of scraped fenders at the shop.. so Im' sure it'll come out proper lol.. and yes that is the stock galant beige.. right? lol.. i haven't looked at the pain code.

youngin3
05-11-2009, 11:50 AM
There is a lighter shade of beige that is on the later models than mine, and mine is the darker richer color.

es_fact
05-11-2009, 12:03 PM
later... hmmm as in 03 later? lol

possibly got the lighter one i think.

es_fact
05-11-2009, 12:47 PM
I found these e60 markers.. i might actually do these..

https://www.trinityautosport.com/merchantmanager/index.php?cPath=1_20_244

youngin3
05-11-2009, 09:13 PM
No, 8G later. They didn't have that paint color in '99 models. I am not sure. I have bodega beige.

Paint Codes
S23 Bodega Beige <--- ME
S40 Banyan Bay Beige

es_fact
05-11-2009, 09:44 PM
No, 8G later. They didn't have that paint color in '99 models. I am not sure. I have bodega beige.

Paint Codes
S23 Bodega Beige <--- ME
S40 Banyan Bay Beige

k i'll pass by the shop tomorrow and i'll post back later

by later... did you mean older? lmao... i'm confused...

es_fact
05-12-2009, 11:27 PM
ok guys... so I'm guessing i'll go for these...

http://4caroption.com/product.php?pid=1606

smoked e 60 (5 series) LED side markers... What do you think? I love them... but at the same time I think I'm pushing rice...

I guess i just have too many friends with all kinds of brand name parts on their hondas.. I'm a little insecure lol

spdracr
05-12-2009, 11:57 PM
do the jdm or something similar in design, much cleaner look IMO

es_fact
05-13-2009, 09:43 AM
i though so... starting WTB thread :)