PDA

View Full Version : Azul Wheels

keta11
05-11-2009, 12:25 AM
I have never heard of this wheel brand but the price and look for me is tempting. Would appreciate some opinions from all of you! thanks!
:cool2:

http://www.wheelfire.com/scontent/WheelDetails.cfm?IDNumber=AZUL_SPEEDMESH_BLK_2&SKU=732&CheckFit=1

showtime
05-11-2009, 01:00 AM
never heard of them as far as quality goes, but they look good.

Jeffylou87
05-11-2009, 01:00 AM
I was actually looking to get those before I got the RalliArts. I saw them on a 3KGT and feel in love. I say do it

Reelax
05-11-2009, 01:17 AM
those are the opposite of nice.

NVMY8G
05-11-2009, 01:55 AM
those are cheapo wheels.

*thumps down*

E_Emerson88
05-11-2009, 03:26 AM
they look good, i say get them

Galante
05-11-2009, 06:58 AM
not bad.. it's up to decide.. budget wise i'd say go..

[DC_eightG_00]
05-11-2009, 09:36 PM
hey chill with that... i have these rims.. i honestly like the look and for the price you cant go wrong..

WarmAndSCSI
05-11-2009, 09:38 PM
;503217']hey chill with that... i have these rims.. i honestly like the look and for the price you cant go wrong..

What you don't like people stating the fact that these wheels are fucking garbage?

Truth hurts. I suppose if you're not at all interested in quality and safety, wheels like this are the way to go!

[DC_eightG_00]
05-11-2009, 09:44 PM
hey im not saying anything so dont go all crazy on me.. yes true they may not be the best brand out there but i dont care... when your balling on a budget you got to get what you can get.. and im sure not everyone is good right now with this recession and all that... so im not taking offense to anything... i personally like them and i think they look good all depends on the owner and there taste.. safety wise, no problem yet, they havent fallin off or broken thank you very much..

WarmAndSCSI
05-11-2009, 09:47 PM
BITCH I'M ABOUT TO GO ALL CRAZY UP IN HUR!

Balling on a budget? There is no such thing.

These wheels suck. Don't buy them. Save up for something better. Next. Fuck me if you can't handle honesty.

fatal1
05-11-2009, 09:49 PM
the look is nice, and im sure they will look good on your car but as others have said the quality factor is most important. theres no need to go out and buy volks or anything but if you stay in the realm of reputable brands, at least you know what your getting. it may cost more initially however, no name brands have a tendancy of bending easily or even worse, they can crack and possibly have very negative consequences. if you are able to simply replace it with another wheel your lucky even though eventually they will add up if it keeps happening. another issue with lower end wheels is the amount of which are produced. if you can not find a new wheel of the same type it will be much harder to get then say a more known brand.

[DC_eightG_00]
05-11-2009, 09:50 PM
you know what im not going to get into this with you.. listen keta if you want to see pictures or anything pm me..

E_Emerson88
05-11-2009, 10:21 PM
drive slow and safe there shouldn't be a safety problem. and since they look nice go for it. its really up to you, don't wait for other peoples opinions.

keta11
05-11-2009, 10:23 PM
I appreciate all your honest opinions guys! I will definitely consider everything all of you said before i make a decision!

Reelax
05-12-2009, 02:35 AM
;503217']hey chill with that... i have these rims.. i honestly like the look and for the price you cant go wrong..

if you are happy with them, then i'm happy for you. the OP was asking for opinions... mine happens to be that these are not nice. i would look for something much nicer, not necesarily expensive, but nicer... ENKEI makes quality wheels and some are not much more expensive than these.

dronesurfboards
05-12-2009, 03:06 AM
i wouldnt buy those wheels, theres millions of wheels out there better than those.

if people just had the patience to look, you can find nice wheels for cheap.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Volk-Racing-GT-N-18-x7-5-Wheels-Honda-Acura-JDM_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQ_trkparmsZ72Q3a570Q7c66Q3a2Q 7c65Q3a12Q7c39Q3a1Q7c240Q3a1318Q7c301Q3a1Q7c293Q3a 1Q7c294Q3a50QQ_trksidZp3286Q2ec0Q2em14QQhashZitem2 7a866cc0aQQitemZ170329033738QQptZMotorsQ5fCarQ5fTr uckQ5fPartsQ5fAccessories

Reelax
05-12-2009, 03:15 AM
i wouldnt buy those wheels, theres millions of wheels out there better than those.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Volk-Racing-GT-N-18-x7-5-Wheels-Honda-Acura-JDM_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQ_trkparmsZ72Q3a570Q7c66Q3a2Q 7c65Q3a12Q7c39Q3a1Q7c240Q3a1318Q7c301Q3a1Q7c293Q3a 1Q7c294Q3a50QQ_trksidZp3286Q2ec0Q2em14QQhashZitem2 7a866cc0aQQitemZ170329033738QQptZMotorsQ5fCarQ5fTr uckQ5fPartsQ5fAccessories

holy shit that is a good deal... somebody here should scoop those up!

dronesurfboards
05-12-2009, 03:21 AM
theres also some ssr type c bronze/tires 17x8 +48 on craigslist in his area and I think some volk gtp's same size for 850-900.

my boy just picked up some 18x8.5/9.5 new tires racing hart type c 3-piece for 400 out in stockton. dude was selling them cuz the tires were too wide for his mkiii supra. dude didnt even know what he was giving up.

kolio
05-12-2009, 03:55 AM
if you are happy with them, then i'm happy for you. the OP was asking for opinions... mine happens to be that these are not nice. i would look for something much nicer, not necesarily expensive, but nicer... ENKEI makes quality wheels and some are not much more expensive than these.

x2

i hate how they have the name in the lip, find better looking wheels.

there a few members on here that have AZUL wheels (SLEEKGTZ) and have never had problems

732Galant
05-12-2009, 06:30 AM
Its all up to you man. If you like them get them.

[DC_eightG_00]
05-12-2009, 08:37 PM

its alright bro.. i didnt mean to say it in a bad way... guess i just word it wrong.. im not offended or anything lol its like you said its all based on opinion..

BGR
05-12-2009, 10:41 PM
Glad I never got these wheels. I was looking to buy them but seeing how people ain't got nothing nice to say... shit.
Ain't nothing wrong with these wheels. Some of you guys need to shut the fuck up. Bunch of negative asses on this "board". This is a fuckin' Galant club, not Lexus or Mercedes.

Anyhow, You can get them for less at WheelNext.com
http://www.wheelsnext.com/wheels-tires-packages/AZUL-Speedmesh-Black%20Gloss.html

Reelax
05-13-2009, 02:11 AM
Glad I never got these wheels. I was looking to buy them but seeing how people ain't got nothing nice to say... shit.
Ain't nothing wrong with these wheels. Some of you guys need to shut the fuck up. Bunch of negative asses on this "board". This is a fuckin' Galant club, not Lexus or Mercedes.

Anyhow, You can get them for less at WheelNext.com
http://www.wheelsnext.com/wheels-tires-packages/AZUL-Speedmesh-Black%20Gloss.html

get your RACING HARTS resealed bro! they are pimp and i know you have them just sitting. i bet my wheel guys can get them fixed for you. i always loved those wheels and now they are RARE!

BGR
05-13-2009, 02:30 AM
get your RACING HARTS resealed bro! they are pimp and i know you have them just sitting. i bet my wheel guys can get them fixed for you. i always loved those wheels and now they are RARE!

These are extremely rare, especially with the chrome lip that the guy I bought them from had professionally done. It's going to take some serious motivation for me to work on these wheels. I'm going to have to pick them up from my Mom's house and bring them home and take a pic to show you what I'm working with. Yeah, they've been sitting in boxes for the last 7 years. I don't doubt your wheel guy can fix them, but right now, I'm not investing any more money in the G - except to get the engine mounts installed as well as new lifters and gaskets. I now have all my parts, but I somewhat flipped the script and started investing money on my new ride that I bought a few days ago. For now, the G is on hold in the garage.

Didn't you get my PM? I figured by your non-response that you didn't like the new ride.

Reelax
05-13-2009, 02:50 AM
These are extremely rare, especially with the chrome lip that the guy I bought them from had professionally done. It's going to take some serious motivation for me to work on these wheels. I'm going to have to pick them up from my Mom's house and bring them home and take a pic to show you what I'm working with. Yeah, they've been sitting in boxes for the last 7 years. I don't doubt your wheel guy can fix them, but right now, I'm not investing any more money in the G - except to get the engine mounts installed as well as new lifters and gaskets. I now have all my parts, but I somewhat flipped the script and started investing money on my new ride that I bought a few days ago. For now, the G is on hold in the garage.

Didn't you get my PM? I figured by your non-response that you didn't like the new ride.

actually i did get ur PM and i responded with a very long PM... i really like your new car especially the LED signals u ordered! ...but i went to get links for you for some suggestions in another tab and the browser crashed before i could finish and hit submit on the PM! damnit i hate when that happens! i was gonna rewrite the whole thing and send it again but the last few days i have been away from my computer (i've been posting from my phone or my cousin's computer since i've been at his house overseeing his home rennovations all day the last 2 weeks). SUV's are WAYYY more relaxing than our cars! actually your G and my G are doing the same exact thing, sitting. i haven't done any real mods to it (maintenance and repair don't count) since early 2007... i've probably only put 1000-2000 miles on it in the last 2 years!

racesnos
05-13-2009, 02:46 PM
those are the opposite of nice.

i agree.

6G72Galant
05-13-2009, 03:16 PM
Truth hurts. I suppose if you're not at all interested in quality and safety, wheels like this are the way to go!

And you've arrived to that conclusion because you're the guy that does all of the quality and safety tests on wheels? :dumbass:

BITCH I'M ABOUT TO GO ALL CRAZY UP IN HUR!

Balling on a budget? There is no such thing.

These wheels suck. Don't buy them. Save up for something better. Next. Fuck me if you can't handle honesty.

Why do these wheels suck? Because the name Volk, Work, or Asanti isnt branded on them?

Not everybody has large sums of money to drop on expensive wheels. I see no benefit to dropping large amounts of money on any wheel going on a car for NON-PERFORMANCE related means. All wheels run the risk of being bent or shattering. And unless this guy wants improved handling over looks, then he shouldnt be concerned about performance benefits of wheels.

IMO, buy the Azul wheels. They look damn good, especially for that price.

paflow
05-13-2009, 05:22 PM
Why do these wheels suck? Because the name Volk, Work, or Asanti isnt branded on them?

This should be posted as a "national-TGC-legacy-quote”. I like it means something like:
“Guys all of this is about passion for tuning, trial & error, do and don’ts, but at the end everything still counts”

The ones I get are un-branded ones which I have trade with a PSP & an Xbox 360. No regrets.
I say Go for them!!!

WarmAndSCSI
05-13-2009, 06:44 PM
The wheels suck first and foremost because they look cheap, down to the center caps. I had a set of really cheap wheels... got tired of them when the lack of quality started showing through. Chipping finish, VERY prone to bending, and heavy to top it off.

Who in their right mind advocates cheap shit and acts righteous about it? What ever happened to saving your money to get something QUALITY?

This thread was posted up to gather opinions. Even comparing these wheels to the best brands makes no sense. These wheels are the kind of wheels you buy at Pep Boys. They're not a single step down from Volks or Advans... they're 3 steps down. Don't talk as though the nicest wheels are only marginally better than these. You pay for what you get, YMMV. Buy them if you're desperate to have some cheap wheels.

732Galant
05-13-2009, 06:54 PM
So the opinions of people you are probably never going to meet will determine your wheel choice? If you like them then get them. Don't let any dicks on here influence your decision. There are far to many people on here that will constantly put you down for whatever reason and if you truly like something you should do it for yourself. You do however get what you pay for.

6G72Galant
05-13-2009, 07:13 PM
The wheels suck first and foremost because they look cheap, down to the center caps. I had a set of really cheap wheels... got tired of them when the lack of quality started showing through. Chipping finish, VERY prone to bending, and heavy to top it off.

Who in their right mind advocates cheap shit and acts righteous about it? What ever happened to saving your money to get something QUALITY?

This thread was posted up to gather opinions. Even comparing these wheels to the best brands makes no sense. These wheels are the kind of wheels you buy at Pep Boys. They're not a single step down from Volks or Advans... they're 3 steps down. Don't talk as though the nicest wheels are only marginally better than these. You pay for what you get, YMMV. Buy them if you're desperate to have some cheap wheels.

Look cheap? Yeh right. If the name Volk was branded on these wheels people would be all over them.

I paid $1200 shipped for my chrome wheels. Ive received nothing but compliments, and never had a problem with any of the wheels. No bends, chips, cracks, nothing.

Those Azul wheels look damn good. Especially if you want a quality look but dont have the big money to spend on those highly sought after brands of wheels.

To the OP, if youre more concerned about style than performance, but the Azul wheels. If youre concerned about performance, youd do best to save your money and splurge on performance enhancing wheels and suspesion.

Reelax
05-14-2009, 02:00 PM
Look cheap? Yeh right. If the name Volk was branded on these wheels people would be all over them.

if those were VOLK's they would be light, forged, and multi-piece; not heavy, cast, and one piece w/ fake rivets (to make them look like expensive multi-piece wheels). think of these like a fake watch... if you like the look and don't mind wearing cheap knockoffs, get them... they'll "work" but don't kid yourself into thinking they are nice. again there are significantly less pricey alternatives that are well made w/ quality designs... not everyone has to get topshelf wheels but nobody should buy crap when quality is available for around the same price point.

WarmAndSCSI
05-14-2009, 02:15 PM
if those were VOLK's they would be light, forged, and multi-piece; not heavy, cast, and one piece w/ fake rivets (to make them look like expensive multi-piece wheels). think of these like a fake watch... if you like the look and don't mind wearing cheap knockoffs, get them... they'll "work" but don't kid yourself into thinking they are nice. again there are significantly less pricey alternatives that are well made w/ quality designs... not everyone has to get topshelf wheels but nobody should buy crap when quality is available for around the same price point.

Precisely. I don't rock Volks on either of my cars. I have no idea why that would be attributed to me. I rock Enkeis. Perfect example of a quality wheel that costs maybe 50% more than what you're looking at.

BGR
05-14-2009, 02:57 PM
Quite honestly, quality doesn't mean anything when your wheel touches a curb. A curb will leave a mark on a $5000 wheel as equal as it does a $100 wheel. I'm not talking about going full force into the curb either, just scraping up against the damn thing. Another reason why those rare RacingHarts are not on my Galant. Sure, drive more careful or whatever, but still, one shouldn't have to worry about their quality wheel getting scraped or stolen. That used to bother me every time I drove with those wheels on.

WarmAndSCSI
05-14-2009, 03:08 PM
Well, quite honestly, when a quality set of tires costs more than your wheels, you should probably look at getting something else.

$523.00 for 4 of these wheels. If that doesn't raise a red flag for you, then whatever.

BGR
05-14-2009, 03:36 PM
You're right. $130 for one 18" wheel in this day and age is a rip off.

6G72Galant
05-14-2009, 06:51 PM
Quite honestly, quality doesn't mean anything when your wheel touches a curb. A curb will leave a mark on a $5000 wheel as equal as it does a $100 wheel. I'm not talking about going full force into the curb either, just scraping up against the damn thing. Another reason why those rare RacingHarts are not on my Galant. Sure, drive more careful or whatever, but still, one shouldn't have to worry about their quality wheel getting scraped or stolen. That used to bother me every time I drove with those wheels on.

x2

I like Asanti wheels. But i refuse to roll around on wheels that are worth more than the car theyre mounted to.

Reelax
05-14-2009, 08:18 PM

just have to be super careful. curb rash sucks but it's not a reason to not get good wheels as all wheels are susceptable to curb rash... there's no benefit either way against it; but i always notice that cheap wheels are more likely to be rashed and nice wheels are not; people tend to take extra care of nice things.

Fishboy55
05-14-2009, 08:22 PM
Apparently the only thing really wrong with these wheels other than there are "better" ones in the same price range is that they aren't approved by TJ. And since he is the galant god and clearly a legend in his own (and BJ's of course) mind that's a perfect reason not to buy them. Especially since he's "elite" and shit.

OP, go with what you like, but do a little more shopping and price comparison. Bottom line is that you have to sport them on your car and only your opinion counts.

WarmAndSCSI
05-14-2009, 08:29 PM
People throw a fit at the mention of anybody buying Konig wheels, for example, because they're fucking shitty. These wheels are even a step down from that. Yet I get lambasted for being "elitist." Talk about double standards.

732Galant
05-14-2009, 08:42 PM
Apparently the only thing really wrong with these wheels other than there are "better" ones in the same price range is that they aren't approved by TJ. And since he is the galant god and clearly a legend in his own (and BJ's of course) mind that's a perfect reason not to buy them. Especially since he's "elite" and shit.

OP, go with what you like, but do a little more shopping and price comparison. Bottom line is that you have to sport them on your car and only your opinion counts.

:-)

JAC00BLKES
05-14-2009, 10:27 PM
yeah if you like them buy its you galant and your money
i do think they are aesthetically pleasing like fishboy said if you can buy better for the same amount i would do that

dronesurfboards
05-15-2009, 03:10 AM
Okay, ill take a lil heat from this. Those wheels "look" nice but you really cant compare to the better quality wheels. even with the paint finish, its still not gonna be the same. hell even the valve stems and caps are better quality than those wheels. I just saying Somewhere down the line youre gonna want a quality wheel. If you had to pick between those wheels and some Volks or whatever for a couple hundred dollars more, as I just showed on the ebay listing in an earlier post, than why not get volks. I have yet to see one guy with a set of Volks, Advans, SSR, Enkei, Zigen, Blacks Racing, Works, etc. say they wanted Konigs. after they had any of those wheels on their car. Yes its your choice if you want those wheels, its your money, but if you really sat down and compared these wheels side by side, they dont even come close in workmanship. Has anyone actually seen those konigs monsoons and compared them to a set of Volk AV3's? BIG DIFFERENCE and you dont need to be a wheel guy to notice the difference.

Now some of us can buy these name brand wheels and some of us cant. But that doesnt mean you cant get them. Hell im a wheel whore and with the exception of my XD-9's and my SF-Winnings, Ive never spent over 1k on my wheels. Honestly, just be patient and the perfect set of quality wheels will pop up and they are gonna be a steal.

Just gotta look at craigslist, ebay, and alot of used wheel sites to get the best bang for your buck.

ill break it down,

my 1st set of wheels were SSR GP-0's, Rare 3 piece wheels, hardly anyone has anymore. I picked them up for 600 bucks with tires.

my 5zigen 5zr 2 piece wheel, which are discontinued and you only see the 1 pieces around, i picked up for 900 with new tires

my Volk GT-P's with center caps, 1st Gen, I picked up for 500 bucks with tires.

the SF-winnings i picked up for like 2300(4 g35) new, and 2300 for staggered 19's is crazy cheap. retail would have been 4k+ without tires!

i could go on, but you get the drift. You dont need wads of cash to get these wheels. Everyone is so impatient to get wheels on their car. I was in your position a long time ago and I know how it feels to have so so wheels and when a deal came along, i didnt have the cash for it. I told myself I would never do that again. and if you wanna know, i picked up some stock GS-T wheels for my toyota truck, and 1 month later, a local guy was selling some Blitz Type 03's for cheap cuz he blew his motor. deep down everyone wants those "Volk Wheels" hahahahaha! hell they're beautiful!

9G
05-15-2009, 09:42 AM
Okay, ill take a lil heat from this. Those wheels "look" nice but you really cant compare to the better quality wheels. even with the paint finish, its still not gonna be the same. hell even the valve stems and caps are better quality than those wheels. I just saying Somewhere down the line youre gonna want a quality wheel. If you had to pick between those wheels and some Volks or whatever for a couple hundred dollars more, as I just showed on the ebay listing in an earlier post, than why not get volks. I have yet to see one guy with a set of Volks, Advans, SSR, Enkei, Zigen, Blacks Racing, Works, etc. say they wanted Konigs. after they had any of those wheels on their car. Yes its your choice if you want those wheels, its your money, but if you really sat down and compared these wheels side by side, they dont even come close in workmanship. Has anyone actually seen those konigs monsoons and compared them to a set of Volk AV3's? BIG DIFFERENCE and you dont need to be a wheel guy to notice the difference.

Now some of us can buy these name brand wheels and some of us cant. But that doesnt mean you cant get them. Hell im a wheel whore and with the exception of my XD-9's and my SF-Winnings, Ive never spent over 1k on my wheels. Honestly, just be patient and the perfect set of quality wheels will pop up and they are gonna be a steal.

Just gotta look at craigslist, ebay, and alot of used wheel sites to get the best bang for your buck.

ill break it down,

my 1st set of wheels were SSR GP-0's, Rare 3 piece wheels, hardly anyone has anymore. I picked them up for 600 bucks with tires.

my 5zigen 5zr 2 piece wheel, which are discontinued and you only see the 1 pieces around, i picked up for 900 with new tires

my Volk GT-P's with center caps, 1st Gen, I picked up for 500 bucks with tires.

the SF-winnings i picked up for like 2300(4 g35) new, and 2300 for staggered 19's is crazy cheap. retail would have been 4k+ without tires!

i could go on, but you get the drift. You dont need wads of cash to get these wheels. Everyone is so impatient to get wheels on their car. I was in your position a long time ago and I know how it feels to have so so wheels and when a deal came along, i didnt have the cash for it. I told myself I would never do that again. and if you wanna know, i picked up some stock GS-T wheels for my toyota truck, and 1 month later, a local guy was selling some Blitz Type 03's for cheap cuz he blew his motor. deep down everyone wants those "Volk Wheels" hahahahaha! hell they're beautiful!

nice deals.

Serstylz2
05-15-2009, 10:26 AM
i just dont like how it says Azul on the lip. Same reason i didnt pick up these Falken rims locally

BGR
05-15-2009, 10:30 AM

I have GP-O's. They were cool when I first got them, but now that I'm missing two center caps, they might as well be Konigs.

http://i38.photobucket.com/albums/e134/BishopLord/TGC/GP0.jpg

dronesurfboards
05-15-2009, 08:58 PM
I might have one extra one sitting around....just gotta dig around the garage. if I can find another one, ill let you know, so you can rock the GP-0's proudly!

BGR
05-15-2009, 10:47 PM
Awesome. Thanks.

lonestar22
05-16-2009, 01:49 AM

x2

i hate how they have the name in the lip, find better looking wheels.

there a few members on here that have AZUL wheels (SLEEKGTZ) and have never had problems

your not neccesarily gonna have problems with any wheels seeing as how you more than likely drive your car (normally) but he's right. u can get better wheels for cheap and theres an example.

with those volks, if they are actually honda fitment volks, you will more than likely have to run a spacer to clear the hub or get the hub bored out. then again i dont even know if there is a such thing as "honda fitment" volks

03-Galant-ES
05-16-2009, 02:04 AM
I would also advocate name brands especially when you can get the quality for like 800 for a set of enkeis. I am running Konigs cause I got a set of 5 locally for 200 if they get fucked up its not something I have to worry about they are good for the time being especially while money was short. Im also running 17s so I have more meat on my tires so my wheels don't take as much brunt when I hit a bad pot hole every once in a while.

sponcar
05-16-2009, 09:05 AM
looks nice those rims.... and its a really cheaper price so if I was U.... I should go on...!!