PDA

View Full Version : chrome window molding??

4g63lover
05-11-2009, 06:04 PM
anyone know how to take the chrome strip at the bottom of the window off??

i searched but it didn't bring back any results.

I just got it taped up right now while I'm sanding the door, would like to take it off so i can paint the part under it.

WarmAndSCSI
05-11-2009, 06:06 PM
Pretty sure it just clips in. I'd just slide something under it and pop it off.

IceDouTGaLanT
05-11-2009, 06:10 PM
yup clips in, use a screw driver and go slowly.

I changed all my chrome door trim to black on my g so Ive had some practice. Its good your replacing the back door cus its much easier than the front. First put your window down. Then you start at one end of the trim piece and get a wide screwdriver (I wrapped it in a rag to help to keep from scratching) push up *carefuly* after one end start to come up you can pull it upward and it will snap out of the edge that holds it. then line up your new an push it down and it will pop into place.

https://www.thegalantcenter.org/showthread.php?t=11245&highlight=remove+Chrome+trim

WarmAndSCSI
05-11-2009, 06:11 PM
I'd rather use a steel gasket scrapper or a specific body tool.

02redgalant
05-11-2009, 06:18 PM
i'm not sure if its the front or back but it has a philips head screw holding one side

galant4life
05-11-2009, 07:46 PM
yea
each one has a screw from the inside , at the end of the door/window corner , inside when you open up the door...you unscrew that and they slide up ,,you have to push up hard, but be careful , they bent easily , i had to take mine off before the paint job.. hope that helps

polishmafia
05-11-2009, 09:18 PM
Jigz - Hit me up via PM. I can still get black DE trim for a nice price from the dealer. Rip that chrome off and get black trim. :)

Also, if you try and take off the chrome strip, go very slow and take it easy. If you bend it, even slightly, it will never look the same.

fatal1
05-11-2009, 09:54 PM
yes there is a screw in each one

4g63lover
05-12-2009, 07:23 AM
thanks guys!

Pete, PM sent!