PDA

View Full Version : Venom-1000

Mank
02-11-2003, 08:53 PM
I just had a Venom-1000 N2O kit installed on my 2.5l Stratus V6 by Rich from DreamSpeed. The install is simple and didnt take long to complete. Unfortunately, I broke a bolt on the intake manifold so I have not had a chance to drive the car yet. I was expecting to take the car to the track on Saturday for some 1/8 mile times but it didn't work out. If the weather is good, I'll be back there on Saturday to give it a try. I have a SuperChips ICON that I will use to retard the timing when at the track. The most I will run is a 60shot. On the street, I have the timing advanced for basic performance, so it will only be a forty shot. I'll have dyno numbers soon after I can get the car going and the kit working. This system will also work for the Galant 3.0l V6 so I'll keep yall informed. And I would like to say thanks to DreamSpeed for helping with the kit. You can check my website for pics of the install.

Mank
02-14-2003, 10:47 AM
Well, I finally got the car running last night. The Venom-1000 kit is great so far. I've only squeezed it three times and I love it already. I like that the kit monitors an O2 sensor and will shut the system down if it gets too lean and an A/F indicator is included on the arming swith also. Another good thing about this kit is that the brain pulses each injector to deliver more fuel via a wire on each injector. I'll keep you guys informed as I use it more and use bigger shots.

Auto-9
02-14-2003, 12:34 PM
We purposely run my car a little rich while spraying to prevent running lean...except now in cold weather it runs too rich.

FastNFabolous
02-14-2003, 02:52 PM
Mank why didnt you go w/ the VCN 2000? you 'll have so much fun w/ the 2000! :twisted: ! up to how many shots is the 1000 anyways?

DJ Galant
02-14-2003, 03:15 PM
rallifan:

do you have a wide band o2 sensor installed?

i mean, how do you really now that you running rich while spraying?
Also, what upgrades did you do on your fuel system?

Auto-9
02-14-2003, 06:43 PM
Nope, no sensor. We only know my air/fuel from my dyno runs. It consistantly runs about 10.2:1 by 5300 rpm till redline (well, all 5 runs with nitrous anyway). No fuel upgrades...my car is completely stock with the exception of the basic NX stage 1 kit.

Mank
02-14-2003, 06:52 PM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(FastNFabolous)</div><div class='quotemain'>Mank why didnt you go w/ the VCN 2000? you 'll have so much fun w/ the 2000! :twisted: ! up to how many shots is the 1000 anyways?</div>

I didnt get the VCN 2000 because I dont have the $$$ and the kit would be overkill for this type of car. Plus I got the 1000 for $100 below retail so that played a role also. The 1000 goes up to a 100 shot but I'll never see that. It also includes shots from 30hp-80hp.

DJ Galant
02-16-2003, 06:42 AM
ralifan:
how did they check your air/fuel ratio then????
I mean from my dyno experience - all they use is wide band sensors and special equipment that connects to it. Also - usually dynojet equipment (like here in vegas) is able to mease air to fuel ratios from 10.5/1 to 17.9/1 - but u said it is 10.2:1. So I wonder if they hooked it up to your narrow band sensor to check your air/fuel ratio. Because if they did , then keep in mind that our narrow band sendors weren't meant to measure your air/fuel ratios at WOT for sure. I hope that they didn't use yor lambda readings ( your stock narrow band sensor reding and in your case it would be about .69) - cuz they are inaccurate, not to say they are false...Besides 10.2:1 is also hell of rich!!! As far as I am conserned - the best performance you can reach is at 12.6:1 air/fuel ratio (Lambda 0.86).

I mean i don't know - but with no fuel mods and N20, if i were you , i would get either bosch or ngk ( my favorite) wide band sensor and take it again to the dyno to check your ratio - cuz frenkly it is all about saving your engine...

Auto-9
02-16-2003, 10:19 AM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(DJ Galant)</div><div class='quotemain'>ralifan:
how did they check your air/fuel ratio then????
I mean from my dyno experience - all they use is wide band sensors and special equipment that connects to it. Also - usually dynojet equipment (like here in vegas) is able to mease air to fuel ratios from 10.5/1 to 17.9/1 - but u said it is 10.2:1. So I wonder if they hooked it up to your narrow band sensor to check your air/fuel ratio. Because if they did , then keep in mind that our narrow band sendors weren't meant to measure your air/fuel ratios at WOT for sure. I hope that they didn't use yor lambda readings ( your stock narrow band sensor reding and in your case it would be about .69) - cuz they are inaccurate, not to say they are false...Besides 10.2:1 is also hell of rich!!! As far as I am conserned - the best performance you can reach is at 12.6:1 air/fuel ratio (Lambda 0.86).

I mean i don't know - but with no fuel mods and N20, if i were you , i Â*would get either bosch or ngk ( my favorite) wide band sensor and take it again to the dyno to check your Â*ratio - cuz frenkly it is all about saving your engine...</div>

Oh that's what you meant...I thought you meant do I use on at home https://www.thegalantcenter.org/style_emoticons/default/smile.gif Hehe I dunno how they measured it on the dyno sorry but that's interesting. I know for sure I'm running a tad rich with nitrous though because after every use my engine will flood (which is why I'm holding off nitrous use until I get the bottle heater).

FastNFabolous
02-16-2003, 11:00 PM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Mank)</div><div class='quotemain'><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(FastNFabolous)</div><div class='quotemain'>Mank why didnt you go w/ the VCN 2000? you 'll have so much fun w/ the 2000! :twisted: ! up to how many shots is the 1000 anyways?</div>

I didnt get the VCN 2000 because I dont have the $$$ and the kit would be overkill for this type of car. Plus I got the 1000 for $100 below retail so that played a role also. The 1000 goes up to a 100 shot but I'll never see that. It also includes shots from 30hp-80hp.</div>

C'mon I have one in mine, & its not overkill https://www.thegalantcenter.org/style_emoticons/default/tongue.gif
Its like your girl right , you always want the best for them :wink:
I think its gonna be hard to give mine up, when Norcal gets here w/ our project

FastNFabolous
02-16-2003, 11:01 PM
[quote="FastNFabolous"]"I didnt get the VCN 2000 because I dont have the $$$ and the kit would be overkill for this type of car. "

C'mon I have one in mine, & its not overkill https://www.thegalantcenter.org/style_emoticons/default/tongue.gif
Its like your girl right , you always want the best for them :wink:
I think its gonna be hard to give mine up, when Norcal gets here w/ our project