PDA

View Full Version : How much to pay for a sunroof

pimpc12885
02-11-2003, 10:19 PM
How much should I be looking to pay to have the Mitsu dealership install a sunroof on my car?

Fishboy55
02-12-2003, 07:46 AM
Typically, the dealer doesn't install the sunroof. They farm it out. I don't know of any dealership that has the ability to cut your roof and install the factory sunroof.

Best thing to do is call the local glass shops in your area and get pricing from them. Then compare it to the dealer's cost and you'll see what the markup is. Make sure you specify what kind of sunroof you want when you call the glass shop so you're comapring apples to apples.

Chip

pinoyesv6
02-12-2003, 08:23 AM
if you are gonna take it to an outside dealer shop, make sure that it is a reputable shop. make sure that u get a good warranty for the thing too. remmeber this place is cutting a big hole in your roof. if they cut it wrong, they can mess up the structural integrity of ur roof, or it can cause leakes etc etc.

Los
02-12-2003, 11:54 AM
talking about structural integrity, let's not forget the about the roof callopsing in case of a rollover, or such...

manybrews
02-12-2003, 05:05 PM
its NOT recommended on a 8th gen to install an aftermarket sunroof. the roof has a structual member running right through the center of it.
never mind the fact that aftermarket roofs usually leak less than a year after installation.

BIGMONEYDAY
02-12-2003, 08:36 PM
I've checked into this subject several times in the last few years. There is a local shop that installs "factory" sunroofs for all the local dealerships including Mitsubishi. I bought my car in 99 when you could only get the sunroof in certain trims, at that time I was quoted the price of around $500 with a lifetime warranty....and believe me they will still be around, cause they've been in business for about 25years. But in 2000, the dealerships starting offering the option of putting sunroofs in any trim Galant for and additional $500...which of course pissed me off cause I had missed out. But when I went back to the local shop that quoted me the $500 price in 99 a few months back, they now say that it will be around $900 for a "factory" one but I could get another type powered one in the range of $700 to $500 depending on the brand, and all would include a lifetime warranty against leaks and other defects. Hope this info helps.

New G Man
02-15-2003, 09:38 AM
I paid about $1050 for mine (2001 ES) American Sunroof in Santa Ana, CA. These are the same people the dealer uses to install their sunroofs, and believe me, they pay about 1/2 what I paid. I saw the wholesale price sheet https://www.thegalantcenter.org/style_emoticons/default/ohmy.gif

Ghost Beat
02-15-2003, 03:58 PM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(New G Man)</div><div class='quotemain'>I paid about $1050 for mine (2001 ES) American Sunroof in Â*Santa Ana, CA. These are the same people the dealer uses to install their sunroofs, and believe me, they pay about 1/2 what I paid. I saw the wholesale price sheet https://www.thegalantcenter.org/style_emoticons/default/ohmy.gif</div>

ya i got quoted for a little under that a while ago when i realy wanted it but im out of that phase now.