PDA

View Full Version : How to remove jdm dual fog light? Help Pls

sgkho249
05-19-2009, 02:15 AM
Hi does anyone know how to remove and repair 8g galant jdm dual fog lights. cos it has water vapour inside the fog light. want to know how many screws are holding the fog lights and location of the screws. Thanks

fatal1
05-19-2009, 05:01 AM
there is 1 10mm bolt on the bottom of the fog which holds it to the bumper. that is unless you somehow managed to have modded the stock metal bracket to fit as well although most times this is not the case.
you can reach the bolt from the underside of the car. just reach behind the bumper tward the back side of the fog light housing and you should feel it, if you cant in fact see it

to actually remove the fog light, you just pull it out from the front side of the bumper

now to fix the vapor issue, basically you want to make a series of holes so the water can evaporate much better

you will need a small drill bit.
and a drill (obviously) lol

now look around the fog itself and you will notice that there are actually 2 shields of plastic one which is behind and contains the actual reflective light and the front which is a cover. that fog which comes is just vapor which gets in between these 2 layers.

when looking around the fog housing you will notice that there are a few spots where the gap is wider and this is where you will drill your holes. in between the 2 layers.

if memory serves me right it was the 3 sides and not the bottom that had the wider gap (i may be wrong) what i did was drill 2 holes in each side for a total of 6.

after doing that there will be no more fogging since the vapor that gets caught in there has some room evaporate out much faster.

sgkho249
05-19-2009, 05:15 AM
Thanks Bro. I'll fix it,

fatal1
05-19-2009, 05:36 AM
you got it man...i tried to be as descriptive as possible lol. it really only takes a few minutes though after you look at it and see what i was saying if you already didnt know

sgkho249
05-19-2009, 10:57 AM
Thanks again
1. remove it like a piece of cake.....
2. just want to make sure that the hole im drilling is correct side. but i just cant upload the pict of the fog light i remove. if i drill on the side will water sip in again.
3. how to stop water from sipping in again.

Great help lol....

fatal1
05-19-2009, 12:08 PM
its not neccisarilly water although it is condensated. it is more of a vapor or a gasious form for the most part. it just gets trapped in there through whatever small crack there is so the holes will give it an escape point or a release. just put a few of them around the area where you can. it will get in regardless but with the "breathing holes" it wont condense like it has.

as far as where to put them just take a small drill bit and see it it will fit in the larger of the gaps.

sgkho249
05-20-2009, 03:52 AM
Hi again,
Very much thanks, its done! Do you know which piggy back is good for 8g 4g94 2 litres GDI cos back here we cant put a trubo in the engine?

Thanks

spdracr
05-20-2009, 05:58 AM
welcome to the site, we have a section for the jdm galant owners, there is where you wanna ask and post questions about whatever you need to know/having trouble with

this part is for introducing yourself to us only

good luck to you

sgkho249
05-20-2009, 10:53 AM
ok sorry?????????????