PDA

View Full Version : Manybrews! What do you think?

MidNightRacing
02-12-2003, 02:15 PM
I got the car serviced at a local garage :retard: when all the coolant leaked out and the car was running on empty (not my fault this was when my mom had it) when we got it back I turned it on and it started reving itself so the car was taken back and the guy siad he would fix it 2 day later got it back and still the same. Just like 2 months ago I took it to the mitsubishi service the mechanice there told me that was due to the fact that there was air in the coolant system :shocked2: . I talked to this with my friend Jay and he told me to replace the thermostat because the temp needle would reach the middle of the guage. The mechanice told me it was fine. Now I dont see any problem but the temp needle reaches the middle after 5 min. ideling? Whats wrong???? :?:

manybrews
02-12-2003, 05:10 PM
im not really understanding the problem you have.
is it overheating? running poorly? leaking coolant?

MidNightRacing
02-12-2003, 05:40 PM
Its not leaking its running fine excep that when i turn it on in the morning the stearing wheel makes an odd noise. What im asking is can it just be a busted gauge or is there a mechanical problem. I cant seem to find one but the temp needle tells me different. Have you seen problems on the cars you get where you work with a improper reading on the temp gauge? When you do a flush can you tell if theres a restricted radiator?

manybrews
02-12-2003, 11:46 PM
im still not getting what you wish to know...but here goes.

if its cold, the power steering will make quite a bit of noise. make sure the fluid level is fine, though.

and in regards to the gauge, i think youre asking me wether or not its overheating if the gauge stays in the middle? if its steady in the middle, it is probably not overheating. the gauges on these cars NEVER fail.

seriously, you need to word your question a bit more accuratly if possible.

MidNightRacing
02-13-2003, 01:28 PM
Yeah it rises to the middle and stay there and does'nt go up. Sorry about the wording but somethimes I realy dont know how to get out what im tryin to say (ya see what drugs do to ya! :retard: ) thanks I was wondering why the steerin wheel was like that when turning. Gotta go check the fluids! :oops: