PDA

View Full Version : Galante's Turbo Project

Galante
05-20-2009, 10:02 AM
As the title says.. I'm planning of getting boosted.. BUT I'm being lazy to do further research.. I have read most of the turbo builds from club3g but I can't tell if I'm ready or not.. I thought I'm done w/ my G but i guess not.. I really hope I knew someone local who can guide me but there's none. There a performance shop close to my house and was thinking of having them do the install after I have collected all my turbo parts. I talked to the guy there and they do custom ic piping and dp.. but it would be expensive.. I'm not sure if i could get a package price for the whole install + tune.. not sure if that's the right path to take.. but yeah i think this is final..i'm going turbo..

I have already pm'd most of boosted members here and they have been very supportive..

I'm planning of getting this done real quick just like my exterior conversion. my goal is to obtain 100 - 150 hp.

Btw, I'm gonna stay on AT. :062:

spdracr
05-20-2009, 10:08 AM
depending on how much power you wanna make then you can decide what setup to go with

qnz is turbo on AT tranny and he did well over 250hp so you can go with a setup similar to his

im not boosted but i did alotta research and i can help if you need anything

good luck

qnz
05-20-2009, 10:35 AM
how much are they asking for to weld up IC piping and a dp?

Galante
05-20-2009, 10:38 AM
They told me $65 CAD per hour (includes the pipes).. Is that reasonable?

qnz
05-20-2009, 10:43 AM
that sounds cheap. the shop I go to in Florida for some fab work charges $95 USD/hr. I dont remember what the labor rate was when i had my piping done in NY but I think it was around $1000 for the IC piping + turboback exhaust + the vband flanges + piping material. I supplied the muffler and cat

Galante
05-21-2009, 01:50 PM
oh right here is cheap, I hope quality is good too..

dronesurfboards
05-21-2009, 03:41 PM
Galante youre doing big things bro! I say get another long block and work it from the ground up so you dont have any down time with your beloved!

Galante
05-22-2009, 09:16 AM
Ok,

Parts list. I'm trying to look for places to buy them cheap.. I'm planning to buy the ff things for now..

WRX 565 Injectors
Walboro Fuel Pump
DSM Manifold
Big 16g turbo
Oil Feed / Return Line
Transmission Cooler
Defi Gauges

For the below.. I'm looking from evom.net..

evo 8 ecu
evo 8 fpr
evo 8 fuel rail
evo 8 knock sensor

My questions are..
1. The 16g turbo should fit on the DSM mani?
2. Would DSM Mani flange fits our engine? or do i need spacers?
3. Also the WRX 565 injectors would fit evo fuel rail?

I'm asking questions to ensure I don't have issues w/ the install.

Thanks

qnz
05-22-2009, 11:35 AM
1. yes, the 16g will bolt on the dsm manifold
2. you will not need spacers if you use a dsm manifold. it does, however, put the turbo and downpipe too close to the power steering bracket and AC lines. you cannot use a dsm downpipe and will need to have a custom downpipe/o2 housing made.
3. yes. i am using wrx injectors on a evo fuel rail.

boostzealot
05-22-2009, 01:41 PM
oooohhhhh another pretty galant that will have some balls! good stuff. cant wait to see the parts start flowing in. good luck man

jimmy_o2
05-22-2009, 02:31 PM
dang i need to start making some numbers 2

good luck

Ivory8g
05-22-2009, 08:32 PM
g luck dude! the galant has come a ways! I will try and help all i can :P

Galante
05-22-2009, 11:52 PM
thanks for all the support guys.. I'm currently DL Johns knowledge on wiring dual ecu's.. I prefer to do drive the g using evo ecu while N/A before i install any turbo parts.. That should come easy i think once the ecu wirings are clear.. getting ready to get ecu flash/tactrix cable + boomslang harness..

Galante
05-24-2009, 07:40 AM
Just an update:

I was able to download and installed ecuflash on my machine.. john send me a link where to get the evo stock base ROMs to play with.. It's pretty cool to see ecu's ROM metadata for fuel/timing etc..

I'm currently looking to get evo 8 ecu.. if you find anybody selling pls. let me know..

paparishi90
07-27-2009, 07:24 PM
you should check car-part.com that's where i'm getting my evo ecu from.

sponcar
07-27-2009, 07:56 PM
That's a nice and good step.. Well I'm gonna follow all ure process to get enough info when I decide to make mine... If everything going better to me this could happened at the beginning of the next year...
Good luck galante..!!

Ivory8g
08-27-2009, 08:52 PM
any updates?