PDA

View Full Version : How do you clean throttle body

hunterclavel
05-20-2009, 09:16 PM
How do you clean throttle body

krispy03
05-20-2009, 09:28 PM
take it off and use break cleaner spray and "never dull" look cleaner than the day it was made

IVORY_G
05-20-2009, 09:56 PM
Be very careful about doing this! I went to do this a year ago after cleaning my MAF (Mass Air Flow Sensor) with some MAF Cleaner and fried my IAC (Idle Air Control Sensor) bcz I didnt cover the lil air ducts @ the bottom of the TB. You need to cover the ducts with a towel/rag to prevent the flow of dirt and solvent down into the IAC. When it fries it will have your Idle jumpin all around and make your car stall out. And That lil SOB costs like $300 new!

Asierra_999
05-20-2009, 11:18 PM
Be very careful about doing this! I went to do this a year ago after cleaning my MAF (Mass Air Flow Sensor) with some MAF Cleaner and fried my IAC (Idle Air Control Sensor) bcz I didnt cover the lil air ducts @ the bottom of the TB. You need to cover the ducts with a towel/rag to prevent the flow of dirt and solvent down into the IAC. When it fries it will have your Idle jumpin all around and make your car stall out. And That lil SOB costs like $300 new!

Fuck you nailed it on the Head thats what just happened to me I cant believe it!!! lol

Kyleg
05-21-2009, 05:31 AM
You know that IAC can be cleaned out dont you?

Asierra_999
05-21-2009, 08:29 AM

Elaborate...please! Thank you!

IVORY_G
05-21-2009, 10:17 AM
Fuck you nailed it on the Head thats what just happened to me I cant believe it!!! lol

LOL! Yeah it sucks!

IAC shouldnt need to be cleaned out. You shouldnt even touch it, at the most you should just wipe the sensor with a towel if its that dirty, but even that can make it malfunction from what I was told...

Kyleg
05-21-2009, 11:29 AM
I know you can do it on my car, but like I have said before I have very limited knowledge of USDM Galants, so if you guys know best, then stick to what you know as you have worked on them not me

Reelax
05-21-2009, 11:34 AM
use throttle body clearner only... here are instructions:

http://www.mobiloil.com/USA-English/MotorOil/Car_Care/DIY/Cleaning_Engine_Throttle_Bodies.aspx