PDA

View Full Version : Radiator support.....agitated

DJ_Devistatix
05-22-2009, 03:13 AM
so for the past month ive been slowly putting my galant together...i have not actually had a chance to REALLY drive it since buying it....the whole front exterior is in the mail...i have the radiator and headlights waiting to be put in..and a new windshield on hol at the shop to be put in...and i still need to hunt down a few other parts

BUT!!!!!

there is one extremely crucial part that i need...the radiator support...the one in my car right now is wayyy bent outta shape an the top is all twisted, so i cant line it up to the hood or nose bar...the rest of the frame is in great condition...its mainly the center, top, and the side brackets (ill post some pics oce i get a card reader for my g/f's camera)...i cant find a single auto shop on the mainland that will ship one to hawaii...and the few that will actually ship it out to me..want to charge me INSANE shipping rates...im talking...400ish...on top of the price...can somebody..anybody help me find a decent price on a radiator support, that will ship to hawaii...i really need this part to finish my ride...or i just wasted a lot of money.........

(although i do need to get a bit more money together to purchase one...maybe a week or 2...im just stressing on not having the piece of mind that there will even be one available for me to acquire)

:barfy:

fatal1
05-22-2009, 03:25 AM
definately give ebay a try they have parts like that relatively cheap. other then there try large wholesalers of parts

DJ_Devistatix
05-22-2009, 03:37 AM
i tried ebay already...nobody on ebay will ship to hawaii...the only ones available are from D&H, autopartswarehouse, and a few others....i even asked them if they could make a special order that used different shipping methods and they all refused...

the only place i found that said they would ship it here was familycar.com...with shipping it came out to $600...thats just overkill

mitsubishis are pretty rare in hawaii..not a single body shop on my island has access to mitsubishi parts...and the couple of shops that i showed it to said that the time in labor to fix it would be much more than $600 because of how warped and damaged the metal is...its ridiculous!!!!...the only dealership in hawaii closed a few months ago...

i refuse to scrap this car........this site really opened me up to the possibilities of this vehicle and im beyond hooked...this island has a honda infestation that needs to be handled :P

SkylineG1
05-22-2009, 10:53 PM
sorry to hear man. D&H are good people with great products

mko
05-22-2009, 11:00 PM
I feel for you. Do you have junkyards around you? Man, hood and radiator support are a bitch to ship, especially the hood.

Cali
05-23-2009, 02:11 AM
i still have the core support from my white car...no damage.

send me your full addy and i'll try to get a shipping quote for you but shipping nowadays is getting worse and worse.

sam97
05-26-2009, 03:32 PM
My core support was in bad shape when I bought my 97 ES at a wreck auction. I replaced the hood and header panel to be sure I had everything lined up right, then I literally bent and beat my core support back into shape. I knew I had it right when the bolts from the radiator lined up. Just my .02. (Take the headlights off before you try this so you don't crack them.)

fatal1
05-26-2009, 03:56 PM
try here i just did a search on thier catalog and it was $157.00...im not sure on shipping but they are a large company as well so im sure they would be willing

WarmAndSCSI
05-26-2009, 04:03 PM
I typically get stuff like that thru this place: http://www.certifit.com/locations.php

Unfortunately they have no HI location. They may be willing to ship, however. And the support is on the cheap.

RedGalant2k1
05-26-2009, 09:42 PM
www.DonHerringMitsubishi.com <-----------They have been our greatest dealership support since day one...literally.

Cali
05-27-2009, 12:52 AM
sorry i haven't got back..i will get you a shipping quote in the next few days.

DJ_Devistatix
05-27-2009, 02:10 AM
awesome!...that is going to be for the full support right?

im hoping this pulls through...if not ill hit those other sites up

fatal1
05-27-2009, 02:10 AM
noel just double checking, since you said the white one. but he did say a 97 galant

DJ_Devistatix
05-27-2009, 02:44 AM
i hope its a 7g...or im outta luck

DJ_Devistatix
05-28-2009, 10:48 PM
any news on that shipping quote?