PDA

View Full Version : hey all

machvali
05-24-2009, 09:20 PM
hey guys alright i have been trying to work on my G for a while now and haven't had the money. Now that i am in the military i have the money to do it but the trans is starting to go and will be gone soon. I really dont know that much about working on the G. i want a 5 speed swap done and turbo it. there is a mustang on the base im at for 9 grand 38 k miles 2003 gt v8. should i buy the mustang and when i get back from my deployment then start working on the galant or should i just buy a beater and put the money into it now? like i said i dont know much about working on them and the engine needs to be rebuilt 104k miles... need help on what i should do

ricky_db
05-24-2009, 09:32 PM
Well first welcome
thanks for serving
screw the ford
mod the galant get back mod the galant some more lol

machvali
05-25-2009, 02:44 AM
thanks and thats what i thought but i need a backup car also bc if i can;t figure something out but got to be back on base im screwed.

WarmAndSCSI
05-25-2009, 02:45 AM
Get a 7G as a beater lol

machvali
05-25-2009, 02:49 AM
lol if i could find one i would but you think the same just get a beater instead of the mustang?

diablos991
05-25-2009, 03:09 AM
Personally, if you are looking for a lot of power and something fun to race, I would not use the G as that platform. I would go with something else.

Now if you really do love the G and just want to make it unique, then mod/fix the G.

IMO fwd + turbocharged engine = suck. I know because I have owned a couple turbocharged fwd cars in my life. (acceleration, breaking, and cornering are WAY too much for one set of wheels to be doing! Think of the max 100% rule, you go above 100% you break traction. Any other platform only uses the front for breaking and cornering.)

If you want to make good power and be able to stick it to the road and control it, go with rwd or my favorite awd.

machvali
05-25-2009, 09:21 AM
i want to turbo the G for the fact that it will be unique atleast where i live and i have a v6 so i will get a little bit of power behind it. im just tired of these damn hondas around here and the people i work with saying there is no point. look at warmandscsi badass G im not trying to push that much but just a bit more.

es_fact
05-25-2009, 09:23 AM
Get a 7G as a beater lol

lmao.. well said