PDA

View Full Version : Jules Galant V6 GERMANY

Jules
05-26-2009, 03:43 PM
hi guys. my name´s julius...im new here...i live in dortmund, germany. i am half american half german and at the moment i am working on my car...but i am still looking for some parts like roof visor and fender flares...anyway. check out my ride:

Mitsubishi Galant V6 tiptronic automatic 163 hp, year 2000

Jules
05-26-2009, 03:45 PM
hi guys. my name´s julius...im new here...i live in dortmund, germany. i am half american half german and at the moment i am working on my car...but i am still looking for some parts like roof visor and fender flares...anyway. check out my ride:

Mitsubishi Galant V6 tiptronic automatic 163 hp, year 2000

:orangesighw: how can i post pics?

QnzMostWanted
05-26-2009, 03:46 PM
u have to upload them to either photobucket or imageshack, then use the img tags

Jules
05-26-2009, 04:48 PM
there u go...thx

http://s701.photobucket.com/albums/ww19/Julik86/

i bought the car in original condition from england last year

ricky_db
05-27-2009, 12:15 AM
welcome i guess lol

Galante
05-27-2009, 08:22 AM
Welcome bro! Nice G..

Jules
05-27-2009, 08:24 AM
even nicer with your roof visor on it man ;-)

es_fact
05-27-2009, 08:56 AM
fuck man... this shit pisses me off, why the hell do we get stuck with these galants when you got other member riding around with stock dual projectors and 163 horses lol :(

Looks real nice bro

keep it clean :)

Reelax
05-27-2009, 09:53 AM
fuck man... this shit pisses me off, why the hell do we get stuck with these galants when you got other member riding around with stock dual projectors...

they're not stock. the factory never made OE projector headlights for the 8G.

es_fact
05-27-2009, 10:39 AM
they're not stock. the factory never made OE projector headlights for the 8G.

good lol.. makes me feel MUCH better :)

Jules
05-27-2009, 11:21 AM
i have added these one piece jdm projector headlights (custom made by depolights), the VR4 foglights, a bmw antenna, vr4 badge to the grill, ganador mirrors, leather interior, dvd/gps radio, phone console, vr4 strut bar under the hood and i got the stock british 17" alloy wheels on it.

a vr4 wing, fender flares, wind deflectors and lowering springs are on their way...going to tint the windows in black...then the car will be finished for now.

do u guys have serious rust problems over there, too? in europe galants always starting to rust at the tail wheelhouses...already after 3 - 4 years of use
btw if anybody´s looking for euro parts...i can easily get em

es_fact
05-27-2009, 11:38 AM
i have added these one piece jdm projector headlights (custom made by depolights), the VR4 foglights, a bmw antenna, vr4 badge to the grill, ganador mirrors, leather interior, dvd/gps radio, phone console, vr4 strut bar under the hood and i got the stock british 17" alloy wheels on it.

a vr4 wing, fender flares, wind deflectors and lowering springs are on their way...going to tint the windows in black...then the car will be finished for now.

do u guys have serious rust problems over there, too? in europe galants always starting to rust at the tail wheelhouses...already after 3 - 4 years of use
btw if anybody´s looking for euro parts...i can easily get em

My G's an 03 never had a problem with rust.. and I deal with snow 5 to 6 months a year lol

Jules
05-27-2009, 11:45 AM
your cars were built in america right? the ones here come straight from japan...i can tell u guys... a friend of mine got a 2003 model...the rust has already started a year ago...we have people around here who work on this problem every single year again and again...this shit still coming back.

es_fact
05-27-2009, 11:47 AM
your cars were built in america right? the ones here come straight from japan...i can tell u guys... a friend of mine got a 2003 model...the rust has already started a year ago...we have people around here who work on this problem every single year again and again...this shit still coming back.

well its a cancer, you gotta swap the part.. theres no other way around it.

Jules
05-27-2009, 11:55 AM
a pretty obvious example are these 2:

http://s701.photobucket.com/albums/ww19/Julik86/?action=view&current=img6798b.jpg

http://s701.photobucket.com/albums/ww19/Julik86/?action=view&current=BSqe7OQmkKGrHgoH-DgEjlLl1CLoBKEW6r2.jpg

Jules
05-27-2009, 11:58 AM
well its a cancer, you gotta swap the part.. theres no other way around it.

in that case one has to swap the whole chassi:orangecry:
mitsubishi was aware of this rust problem...but they did not zinc-coated at that time...unfortunately, because the galant has such a cool design

es_fact
05-27-2009, 09:12 PM
in that case one has to swap the whole chassi:orangecry:
mitsubishi was aware of this rust problem...but they did not zinc-coated at that time...unfortunately, because the galant has such a cool design

lol yes, you can always cut out and weld new metal.. lol

Jules
05-28-2009, 03:50 AM
the problem is the chassi grows rust in general...even if you swap the bad parts...its starting in the engine compartment and the doors too...so thats why the whole chassi would have needed a full zinc treatment in the first place