11-30-2010, 07:11 PM
congrats on the baby

Thk u Sir!

Frankv
12-02-2010, 09:11 PM
Felizidades Will!!!

Ivory8g
12-02-2010, 11:15 PM
Get him into sports asap lmao :) he's beautiful!

Corey2kG
12-02-2010, 11:25 PM
Beautiful baby boy bro I got 3 lol. Never mind sports get him into cars haha. My boys are 6 4 2 n they all love cars lol.

IVORY_G
12-02-2010, 11:48 PM
Felizidades Will!!!
Thx Frank!

Get him into sports asap lmao :) he's beautiful!
LOL! Thx Marc! Yeah he's definitely playin some sports!

Beautiful baby boy bro I got 3 lol. Never mind sports get him into cars haha. My boys are 6 4 2 n they all love cars lol.

Thx Corey! 3 boys? Aww man I'd be dead broke! Bcz I know all my sons will have my appetite for food, & I just couldnt afford that! LOL! But yeah he'll definitely like cars bcz me & wifey both luv cars! So he's doomed! LOL! Sports too, he'll do a lil bit of both ;)

Corey2kG
12-03-2010, 12:29 AM
Thx Corey! 3 boys? Aww man I'd be dead broke! Bcz I know all my sons will have my appetite for food, & I just couldnt afford that! LOL! But yeah he'll definitely like cars bcz me & wifey both luv cars! So he's doomed! LOL! Sports too, he'll do a lil bit of both ;)

Nah man you would be surprised my 6 yr old is a picky eater my 4 yr old is so-so n my 2 yr old is a botomless tank lol
Not trying to thread jack bro but this is me n my 3 boys dont mind the ass it was just in the pic haha. Oh n that chick got shit on by a goose btw lol.
http://i828.photobucket.com/albums/zz203/holiday0808/cid_826.jpg
From left to right. Ass, Nathan6 Jaylen4 n Aiden2 n obviously thats me pushing the stroller.

IVORY_G
12-03-2010, 03:41 PM
Nah man you would be surprised my 6 yr old is a picky eater my 4 yr old is so-so n my 2 yr old is a botomless tank lol
Not trying to thread jack bro but this is me n my 3 boys dont mind the ass it was just in the pic haha. Oh n that chick got shit on by a goose btw lol.
http://i828.photobucket.com/albums/zz203/holiday0808/cid_826.jpg
From left to right. Ass, Nathan6 Jaylen4 n Aiden2 n obviously thats me pushing the stroller.

Aww man dats a great pic of the fam, minus the ass that got shitted on by a goose! LOL!
But man props to you on raising 3 boys! That must be alot of fun but @ the same time take a lot of energy & patience.

Corey2kG
12-03-2010, 09:15 PM
Thanks it is a lot of energy but unfortunatly I don't have custody of my kids n fortunate that I'm not with my kids mom lol. She lost custody so they live with their grandma so I take them every other weekend for the whole weekend:/ Raising kids is tough but very fun! Always learning new stuff. Again Congrats with the baby boy. Now updates!!!! lol

IVORY_G
12-04-2010, 12:39 AM
Thanks it is a lot of energy but unfortunatly I don't have custody of my kids n fortunate that I'm not with my kids mom lol. She lost custody so they live with their grandma so I take them every other weekend for the whole weekend:/ Raising kids is tough but very fun! Always learning new stuff. Again Congrats with the baby boy. Now updates!!!! lol

Well hopefully things will work out for the best in the future. And Thx again :)
As far as updates go heres my list of things Ive done this week:
Nothing, Nada, & Zilch!
No money = No Mods
LOL!

Corey2kG
12-04-2010, 10:28 AM
Well hopefully things will work out for the best in the future. And Thx again :)
Nothing, Nada, & Zilch!
No money = No Mods
LOL!

lol I guess all the free mods are done haha.

beam514
12-04-2010, 05:48 PM
Nothing, Nada, & Zilch!
No money = No Mods
LOL!

man I feel you.. haha

IVORY_G
12-04-2010, 10:01 PM
lol I guess all the free mods are done haha.
BINGO! LOL!

man I feel you.. haha
Lol

Corey2kG
12-04-2010, 10:42 PM
Gotta find shit to do lol. Thats what I'm doing. just finished doing my heads today n getting them wired up. Only took 3 days too haha. Gotta post pics tomorrow.

IVORY_G
12-05-2010, 09:55 AM
Gotta find shit to do lol. Thats what I'm doing. just finished doing my heads today n getting them wired up. Only took 3 days too haha. Gotta post pics tomorrow.

Its 2mrw! Where r the pix?! Lol

Corey2kG
12-05-2010, 11:32 AM
Its 2mrw! Where r the pix?! Lol

Dude I just woke up its the weekend haha I'll take n post the pics a little later. lol

Edit: Its later a pic is posted :p lol

IVORY_G
01-17-2011, 12:49 AM
http://i138.photobucket.com/albums/q260/will_nate/a35bf10d.jpg
Quick shot I took 2day while wifey was driving my car. Funny thing is as I was driving up from afar in wifey's car, I was like, "Oh shit nice looking car." Then as I got closer I realized it was my car! LMAO! It looked even better in person, wish I had my digital cam on me...

beam514
01-17-2011, 01:19 AM
yeah man.. that shit looks sooo good when it's rolling!

E_Emerson88
01-17-2011, 03:35 AM
looks good. you actually let your woman drive your car?!? i would never trust mine to drive my car lol

beam514
01-17-2011, 03:40 AM
take a day photo with your REAL camera and I'll try another PS! oh and preferably take it from a little farther away so that the ratio is good for a sig :)

IVORY_G
01-17-2011, 10:31 AM
yeah man.. that shit looks sooo good when it's rolling!
Thx Adrian! Yeah I think sometimes I take my car for granted & forget how nice it looks. Its like if a hot girl you know becomes your friend, and you see her all the time. Then you kinda become used to it and are like "Ehh she's cool". Then one day she's dressed up in a tight dress and a friend of yours is like "Damn who's that?", and your like "Oh thats my friend". Then you realize again, "Damn, she does look good huh?" LOL!

take a day photo with your REAL camera and I'll try another PS! oh and preferably take it from a little farther away so that the ratio is good for a sig :)

Yeah I gotta get some new dig cam shots of Ivory since the last time was last June.

looks good. you actually let your woman drive your car?!? i would never trust mine to drive my car lol

See the difference with that is, she's my wife. And she's a car enthusiast herself, and knows how much that car means to me, so she is careful when she drives it. In addition, I get to drive her car, which is dope bcz its faster than Ivory and handles better :) LOL! Kinda sux tho bcz she has bragging rights, for now... MUAAAAHHAAAAHAAA!!! **maniacally laughs into the darkness**
LOL!

IVORY_G
01-20-2011, 03:01 PM
Finally put my header back on yesterday, and since it was off and started rusting I decided to primer and paint it with some High Temp (2,000 degrees F) paint. So here's the pic of it painted and installed:
http://i138.photobucket.com/albums/q260/will_nate/bdd23eb0.jpg

Exhaust power
01-20-2011, 03:20 PM
The car looks very sexy. Is that a stock header?

IVORY_G
01-20-2011, 03:49 PM
The car looks very sexy. Is that a stock header?

Thx man, no its a Megan Racing Header.

E_Emerson88
01-20-2011, 03:57 PM
how hard is it to take off/install header?

IVORY_G
01-20-2011, 04:06 PM
how hard is it to take off/install header?

Not that bad actually, pretty easy:
-Remove 2 bolts from heat shield (Cali Spec)
-Remove O2 sensor
-Remove 8 bolts that are bolted to the head (Swivel Socket needed)
-Jack up front end of car
-Remove 2 bolts where header connects to downpipe
-Remove gaskets from top and bottom and replace with new one
-Install Header and bolt everything back the way you found it.
-Done

Takes at most an hour if your slow, 20 mins if ur good.

beam514
01-20-2011, 08:21 PM
Thx Adrian! Yeah I think sometimes I take my car for granted & forget how nice it looks. Its like if a hot girl you know becomes your friend, and you see her all the time. Then you kinda become used to it and are like "Ehh she's cool". Then one day she's dressed up in a tight dress and a friend of yours is like "Damn who's that?", and your like "Oh thats my friend". Then you realize again, "Damn, she does look good huh?" LOL!
haha so true

MUAAAAHHAAAAHAAA!!! **maniacally laughs into the darkness**
LOL!

I dunno if I trust hanging out with you anymore.. LOL anything by MOD?

Gtorque
01-20-2011, 09:04 PM
Quick shot I took 2day while wifey was driving my car. Funny thing is as I was driving up from afar in wifey's car, I was like, "Oh shit nice looking car." Then as I got closer I realized it was my car! LMAO! It looked even better in person, wish I had my digital cam on me...

Bro pure sex!!!!!

deeznutz
01-20-2011, 09:06 PM
[QUOTE=IVORY_G;646158]Its like if a hot girl you know becomes your friend, and you see her all the time. Then you kinda become used to it and are like "Ehh she's cool". Then one day she's dressed up in a tight dress and a friend of yours is like "Damn who's that?", and your like "Oh thats my friend". Then you realize again, "Damn, she does look good huh?" LOL!

This is so true its scary! Paint on the headers came out perfect! Nicely done A+

IVORY_G
01-20-2011, 10:42 PM
haha so true

I dunno if I trust hanging out with you anymore.. LOL anything by MOD?

LOL! Well not at this rate, money is super tight rt now. But I like to make plans well in advance though.

Bro pure sex!!!!!

Thx bro!

This is so true its scary! Paint on the headers came out perfect! Nicely done A+

LOL! Thx man!

IVORY_G
02-17-2011, 02:57 PM
After swapping for the Outlander IM, I had to relocate the dipstick tube. Guess the place I chose didnt workout to well bcz the hood was hitting the handle of the dipstick and ended up snapping off. One day I opened the hood to see this...
http://i138.photobucket.com/albums/q260/will_nate/8a5b7182.jpg

So lucked up at the junkyard and found an 8G dipstick. I cut it down to a size that wouldnt hit the hood of the car anymore, & voila!

http://i138.photobucket.com/albums/q260/will_nate/b0df14be.jpg

Sent from "Straight Outta Cali" using Tapatalk

Galantman03
02-17-2011, 06:10 PM
haha, I was going to say ghetto fab, but thats looks better than the stock handle IMO. Do you change your own oil? Cuz it might be hard for the guys to find the dip stick handle lol

deeznutz
02-17-2011, 07:17 PM
i noticed this problem when i was a 4g64 took a tubing bender and bent it so it didn't hit the hood but your way works just as good. nice

keith6110
02-17-2011, 07:36 PM

LMAO! You're too much man..

IVORY_G
02-17-2011, 07:41 PM
haha, I was going to say ghetto fab, but thats looks better than the stock handle IMO. Do you change your own oil? Cuz it might be hard for the guys to find the dip stick handle lol

LOL! Thx, Yeah I usually change my own oil. And my spot that I go to when Im too busy knows Im anal about my car so I'll be sure to point it out. Lol!

Sent from "Straight Outta Cali" using Taptalk

i noticed this problem when i was a 4g64 took a tubing bender and bent it so it didn't hit the hood but your way works just as good. nice

Yeah I bent the tube with my thigh and hands, Lol! But I mounted the bracket to the IM in a different place. Everything works now so Im happy :)

IVORY_G
02-17-2011, 07:42 PM
LMAO! You're too much man..

Lol! Thx I try ;)

IVORY_G
02-23-2011, 02:25 PM
http://i138.photobucket.com/albums/q260/will_nate/d2913907.jpg

http://i138.photobucket.com/albums/q260/will_nate/814d1447.jpg

E_Emerson88
02-23-2011, 03:16 PM
you think you would pass SMOG with that?

IVORY_G
02-23-2011, 03:49 PM
you think you would pass SMOG with that?

Def not! Lol!

IVORY_G
02-23-2011, 06:35 PM
Fixed my strut bar clearance issue :)

http://i138.photobucket.com/albums/q260/will_nate/3d0db2a6.jpg

http://i138.photobucket.com/albums/q260/will_nate/d9f314bc.jpg
Bent the cruise control valve line to fit over the STB
http://i138.photobucket.com/albums/q260/will_nate/4ab7defa.jpg
Drilled a hole on the bottom for the bolt to fit in.
http://i138.photobucket.com/albums/q260/will_nate/937d3696.jpg
Close & barely made it, but it works!

E_Emerson88
02-24-2011, 01:53 AM
sure it wont hit when your engine rolls back and fourth while shifting?

ricky_db
02-24-2011, 07:17 AM

Duck no its a new motor mount lol that bish will never move lol

Sent from my android using tapatalk

deeznutz
02-24-2011, 10:00 AM
holy shit you can't fit a cunts hair between there! you might wanna make a lil bit of more room there buddy. I wouldn't be so comfortable with that. I see your getting ready for summer thou. Whats next?

IVORY_G
02-24-2011, 10:39 AM

Affirmative, it did! LOL!

Duck no its a new motor mount lol that bish will never move lol

Sent from my android using tapatalk

LOL!

holy shit you can't fit a cunts hair between there! you might wanna make a lil bit of more room there buddy. I wouldn't be so comfortable with that. I see your getting ready for summer thou. Whats next?

So update, took it for a test drive, and the bitch felt like I had solid metal motor mounts installed! LOL! FML! Way too much vibration, I was afraid it might break my IM, sooo back to the drawing board. I think I'll just have to get a Carbing STB, if it'll fit. Which it looks like it should but not sure...

Next mod is prob gonna be battery relocation to trunk. Looking at Summit's/ Moroso's kit, anybody know anything about them?

E_Emerson88
02-24-2011, 12:37 PM
you can give me that strut bar for my birthday =]

beam514
02-24-2011, 10:12 PM

you already bought one fool

I say just take out that center square bar, and substitute it for one that is shaped like this /\

Ivory8g
02-25-2011, 12:10 AM

HOTTTT!!!!

IVORY_G
02-25-2011, 03:34 PM

How about you just buy it from me and stop being a cheap ass! LOL!

IVORY_G
02-25-2011, 03:36 PM
you already bought one fool

I say just take out that center square bar, and substitute it for one that is shaped like this /\

Explain more, not sure what u mean...

IVORY_G
02-25-2011, 03:37 PM

HOTTTT!!!!

Lol! Thx!

deeznutz
02-25-2011, 04:47 PM
he means cut out the center section. i think? not very supportive thou!

beam514
02-25-2011, 04:52 PM
he means cut out the center section. i think? not very supportive thou!

yeah I meant cut out the center and maybe reweld a new piece so it goes like this
__|----|__ or whatever. but then it will pretty much just be the shape of the strut bar itself.

deeznutz
02-25-2011, 05:34 PM
i'm def on the same page as you but the time spent isn't worth the $60 for buying some ebay one that fits no.. thats just my opinion..

beam514
02-25-2011, 05:39 PM
i'm def on the same page as you but the time spent isn't worth the $60 for buying some ebay one that fits no.. thats just my opinion..

haha yeah. IMO I wouldn't use that extra brace anyway. I don't like the eBay STBs because they are bolted only on one point at either end (ie, able to pivot). Not nearly as stiff as the stock Eclipse one.

IVORY_G
02-25-2011, 06:47 PM
eBay STB arent worth crap IMO. The reason I added the extra bar is because the 3G STB is meant to be mounted to the firewall on the eclipse. But it doesnt line up on the 8G to do so; and I was able to move the STB with one hand while firmly mounted. So I added that to strengthen it, which it is now solid. I really want that Carbing STB now though...

DTP
02-25-2011, 06:55 PM
You can send me yours too ;)

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk 'cause I'm awesome

beam514
02-25-2011, 07:42 PM
eBay STB arent worth crap IMO. The reason I added the extra bar is because the 3G STB is meant to be mounted to the firewall on the eclipse. But it doesnt line up on the 8G to do so; and I was able to move the STB with one hand while firmly mounted. So I added that to strengthen it, which it is now solid. I really want that Carbing STB now though...

carbing = sooo sexy. Have you seen it on BJ's car? *drool*

IVORY_G
02-25-2011, 10:03 PM
You can send me yours too ;)

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk 'cause I'm awesome

LOL! After u paypal me the money ;)

IVORY_G
02-25-2011, 10:04 PM
carbing = sooo sexy. Have you seen it on BJ's car? *drool*

Yeah, it looks clean!

E_Emerson88
02-26-2011, 03:47 AM
i donno what it looks like -_-

IVORY_G
03-06-2011, 09:58 PM
i donno what it looks like -_-

Google it! LOL! Oh wait you prob say "Im too lazy to do that." LOL!

E_Emerson88
03-06-2011, 11:39 PM
looks like that one puts in work lol

IVORY_G
03-06-2011, 11:43 PM
looks like that one puts in work lol

Yes it does! But that $hit is expensive, avg price was like $300< !

E_Emerson88
03-07-2011, 11:40 AM
no wonder why nobody has it lol

IVORY_G
03-07-2011, 12:03 PM
no wonder why nobody has it lol

Yeah only ppl I know thus far are Boostzealot and Gtorque.

sponcar
03-08-2011, 04:18 AM
^ i saw the post you had on craiglist selling the G... u_u.

beam514
03-08-2011, 02:18 PM

uh WHAT

edit.. found it
http://losangeles.craigslist.org/wst/cto/2253127769.html

>:(

M-Rod
03-08-2011, 02:20 PM
it better be an imposter.

beam514
03-08-2011, 02:25 PM

nope, it's him.
well... i guess as long as you buy a bimmer next, then it's fine.. lol!

IVORY_G
03-08-2011, 04:11 PM

**Sigh**

No, its true...

nope, it's him.
well... i guess as long as you buy a bimmer next, then it's fine.. lol!

LOL! No wouldnt be buying a BMW, & I didnt want it to come out this way, but let me explain...

I have been struggling with the thought for a while, and decided to do it and see what happens. I love the G & have put so much into it, but Im at a crossroads right now. Either sell it now, or keep it for good. Reason being is I need a Truck/SUV for room for me and my family of 4. The Galant is just not enough room to suit our needs anymore.

My wife's Altima is a ways from being paid off, and she commutes a good distance to and from work & I dont. So she needs to keep her gas efficient vehicle; not get a gas guzzler. She is against me selling the car bcz she knows how much I love it & I have put into it, but understands my desire for having a truck.

Im looking at Tahoe's & Suburban's because thats what I fit in most comfortably and thats whats within my budget. If it was an ideal situation, (meaning I had more $$$) I would buy a truck/SUV, & keep the G & turn it into a wknd autocross track beast. But thats not how things are so, it is what it is. If Im not offered what its worth to me out of a sale, then I will keep it.

blue8g
03-08-2011, 04:20 PM
By family of 4 you mean two kids?

M-Rod
03-08-2011, 04:32 PM
Don't feel bad. I'm at a crossroads myself. Though for different reasons, it's still a hard decision. What's meant to happen, will happen.

IVORY_G
03-08-2011, 04:33 PM
By family of 4 you mean two kids?

Yeah its me, my wife, my stepdaughter, & my son.

IVORY_G
03-08-2011, 04:35 PM
Don't feel bad. I'm at a crossroads myself. Though for different reasons, it's still a hard decision. What's meant to happen, will happen.

Thx man, but I still do. Whats your reason for selling?

M-Rod
03-08-2011, 05:22 PM
not exactly selling it yet, but parting it out and selling it with stock parts would make a decent improvement towards a down payment on a house this year. The other potential reason is I'm considering 3000GT VR-4's and Stealth R/T TT's. But I might just keep it. It's always hardest to part ways with something you've put so much time, work, and money into.

E_Emerson88
03-08-2011, 05:36 PM
your a dick! sell the car and i will hunt you down

IVORY_G
03-08-2011, 05:43 PM
your a dick! sell the car and i will hunt you down

LMAO! You should buy it!

blue8g
03-08-2011, 06:57 PM
Yeah its me, my wife, my stepdaughter, & my son.

Pssh you won't need anything that big.

Get a station wagon.

More than enough room. More fun to drive (than comparable SUV's/Vans/heck some are more fun than the G). Better on gas, trust me you'll hate Tahoes/Suburbans. Plus they look cool.

IVORY_G
03-08-2011, 07:30 PM
Pssh you won't need anything that big.

Get a station wagon.

More than enough room. More fun to drive (than comparable SUV's/Vans/heck some are more fun than the G). Better on gas, trust me you'll hate Tahoes/Suburbans. Plus they look cool.

Naw, not a fan of station wagons myself. I like trucks way more. Ive had a few friends who have Hoes & Burbans, & Ive driven them before. Theyre pretty easy to drive IMO, in contrast to the big ass FedX trucks I drive for a living.

blue8g
03-08-2011, 07:55 PM
http://img482.imageshack.us/img482/3415/idea16io.jpg

beam514
03-08-2011, 09:17 PM
all I'm going to say is my brother and I grew up getting rides in my mom's Galant! lol
but I was already 9, not young like your son

E_Emerson88
03-08-2011, 11:12 PM
Audi Station wagons are nice

IVORY_G
03-09-2011, 12:40 AM
LOL! What you guys fail to realize is that my whole family is tall. Im 6'3", wifey is 5'7", daughter is 5'9", & my son is ahead of his age wearing 9 month old clothes and he's not even 4 months yet. Rt now only 2 of us + my sons car seat fit in the car (bcz no1 can fit behind me). Most station wagons dont have anymore leg room, they just have extra cargo space. Trucks have additional leg room unlike sedans and wagons.

beam514
03-09-2011, 12:41 AM
oh dang you're right.. your daughter is 5'9?? that's taller than I am hahaha. Don't tell me she's 13...

IVORY_G
03-09-2011, 12:54 AM
oh dang you're right.. your daughter is 5'9?? that's taller than I am hahaha. Don't tell me she's 13...

LOL! No she's not 13.... She's 14. LMAO!

E_Emerson88
03-09-2011, 12:55 AM
LOL! What you guys fail to realize is that my whole family is tall. Im 6'3", wifey is 5'7", daughter is 5'9", & my son is ahead of his age wearing 9 month old clothes and he's not even 4 months yet. Rt now only 2 of us + my sons car seat fit in the car (bcz no1 can fit behind me). Most station wagons dont have anymore leg room, they just have extra cargo space. Trucks have additional leg room unlike sedans and wagons.

Sent from "The Ghetto" using Tapatalk

your daughter can trunk it =]

IVORY_G
03-09-2011, 01:20 AM
your daughter can trunk it =]

I'll throw YOUR ass in the trunk of YOUR car and then go do a Canyon Run in it LOL! And I saw u change my signature DICK!!!

E_Emerson88
03-09-2011, 01:29 AM
LMAO!!!! i should "lock" your thread like you did mine until you come to your senses and not sell the Galant

jimmy_o2
03-09-2011, 02:30 AM
Wait a min i dont show up for a while and ur thinking about selling the g ohh hell nah im kick ur azz so much good times and money spend u cant when u get a chance lets talk and see if we can come up with

greddy
03-09-2011, 02:35 AM
Why not save up slowly for an SUV and just keep the galant, unless you're truly sick of the car, you're not going to get back how much you invested, if you want the most money, you'll have to part it out and sell it stock. Best of luck with whatever your decision may be.

IVORY_G
03-09-2011, 02:02 PM
LMAO!!!! i should "lock" your thread like you did mine until you come to your senses and not sell the Galant

U should STFU b4 I come over there and beat some sense into you! LOL!

Wait a min i dont show up for a while and ur thinking about selling the g ohh hell nah im kick ur azz so much good times and money spend u cant when u get a chance lets talk and see if we can come up with

I know man, I know... Sometimes u gotta make sacrifices in life.

Why not save up slowly for an SUV and just keep the galant, unless you're truly sick of the car, you're not going to get back how much you invested, if you want the most money, you'll have to part it out and sell it stock. Best of luck with whatever your decision may be.

If the car doesnt sell for what I want, then that is exactly what I'll do. I know I wont get back what I invested, but you gotta "chalk that up to the game" when u modify your car. Its a bad investment in most cases. I dont have the heart to tear her down and part her out back to OEM. Thats like destroying my own work of art IMO. Too much work and not worth it to me.
We'll see what happens...

jimmy_o2
03-09-2011, 09:07 PM
Come on I'm pretty sure we can brain storm something where u can keep the car well hit me up when u can so we can do some brainstorming

E_Emerson88
03-10-2011, 01:35 AM
my birthday is coming up. you can just give it to me =]

ShiZnitH
03-10-2011, 02:05 AM
If the car doesnt sell for what I want, then that is exactly what I'll do. I know I wont get back what I invested, but you gotta "chalk that up to the game" when u modify your car. Its a bad investment in most cases. I dont have the heart to tear her down and part her out back to OEM. Thats like destroying my own work of art IMO. Too much work and not worth it to me.
We'll see what happens...

True that!
I lost my family partly because of my relationship to my G and partly because of my job :thumbup: Tried to sell it twice...

IVORY_G
03-14-2011, 06:30 PM
UPDATE:
As of right now the Galant is no longer for sale. My best friend is interested in buying it, but is awaiting some more funds to come around. So if and when he does come up with some dough, I will prob sell it to him. Bcz I know he would take care of it and not let it go to pieces. So until then she's still here...

beam514
03-14-2011, 08:10 PM
UPDATE:
As of right now the Galant is no longer for sale. My best friend is interested in buying it, but is awaiting some more funds to come around. So if and when he does come up with some dough, I will prob sell it to him. Bcz I know he would take care of it and not let it go to pieces. So until then she's still here...

As long as he comes to the meets.. lol

Da_Prodigy
03-14-2011, 08:37 PM
as long as he comes to the meets.. Lol

lmao!!

E_Emerson88
03-15-2011, 01:48 AM
As long as he comes to the meets.. lol

yes! we dont care much about you, just the car lmao!!!!

IVORY_G
03-15-2011, 09:13 AM
LOL! Y'all are crazy!

IVORY_G
03-31-2011, 04:46 PM
Starter went out again yesterday FTL! Also my starter heat shield plate cracked at one of the mounting points, SMH

deeznutz
03-31-2011, 05:08 PM
you know.. I liked you and your G, now I just like your G all that hard work and your giving it up hate you right now. lol just kidding. At least it's going to a friend just make sure he takes care of her or else you'll find me on a flight to Cali wit my tac hammer in hand:075:

IVORY_G
03-31-2011, 07:33 PM
you know.. I liked you and your G, now I just like your G all that hard work and your giving it up hate you right now. lol just kidding. At least it's going to a friend just make sure he takes care of her or else you'll find me on a flight to Cali wit my tac hammer in hand:075:

LMAO! "Why u hatin?" LOL! Oh he will, if and when he does buy it. Otherwise I wouldnt sell it to him...

RedGalant2k1
03-31-2011, 07:35 PM
Can I have it?

I can trade it on a New Mazda Miata :P

IVORY_G
03-31-2011, 07:37 PM
Can I have it?

I can trade it on a New Mazda Miata :P

WTF? Not gonna happen!

IVORY_G
04-15-2011, 07:27 PM
Forgot to post a few weeks ago I cut out the reverse light section on the tails so I can see better at night. Also I like the look better...
http://i138.photobucket.com/albums/q260/will_nate/Ivory/35602dc8.jpg

IVORY_G
05-21-2011, 11:23 AM
Sad Day...
http://i138.photobucket.com/albums/q260/will_nate/Ivory/e9588d9b.jpg

azgalant
05-21-2011, 11:31 AM
What happened?

Sent from my SGH-T959V using Tapatalk

IVORY_G
05-21-2011, 11:42 AM
What happened?

Sent from my SGH-T959V using Tapatalk

Mutha#&*£* Son of a &@^%# STARTER!!! I make it half way home & the stupid @$$ STARTER decides to $h!t on me again! After it was just exchanged just more than a month ago! Shouldve never stopped and went it to that damn Burger King! FTL!
First time the G has been towed in the almost five years that Ive had it...

beam514
05-21-2011, 12:07 PM
hit it with a wood block lol

IVORY_G
05-21-2011, 12:45 PM
hit it with a wood block lol

LOL! Naw it has to be metal. I hit it with a socket wrench, monkey wrench, big ass screwdriver, then with a big ass pipe that the tow truck guy had. Still nothing!

o1naturalhigh
05-21-2011, 01:20 PM
LOL! Naw it has to be metal. I hit it with a socket wrench, monkey wrench, big ass screwdriver, then with a big ass pipe that the tow truck guy had. Still nothing!all these tools a dude didn't have a hammer??

Corey2kG
05-21-2011, 01:25 PM
BFH ftw! Lol sorry Will

E_Emerson88
05-21-2011, 02:38 PM
Did you scrape when the truck was putting it up on the bed?

IVORY_G
05-21-2011, 02:55 PM
all these tools a dude didn't have a hammer??

LOL! All the tools names except the pipe were mine...

BFH ftw! Lol sorry Will
LOL!

Did you scrape when the truck was putting it up on the bed?

Yes it took them a cool minute to get it right and it still scraped the muffler; and the front bumper paint cracked a lil on the bottom from flexing against the cable line.

And to top off insult to injury, one of my freaking OZ center caps fell off a wheel!!! WTF???!!!

beam514
05-21-2011, 04:39 PM
all these tools a dude didn't have a hammer??

I don't know about you, but I don't carry a hammer around in my car lol. I have all those other tools though

IVORY_G
05-21-2011, 04:46 PM
I don't know about you, but I don't carry a hammer around in my car lol. I have all those other tools though

LOL! Me niether

E_Emerson88
05-21-2011, 06:20 PM
Yes it took them a cool minute to get it right and it still scraped the muffler; and the front bumper paint cracked a lil on the bottom from flexing against the cable line.

And to top off insult to injury, one of my freaking OZ center caps fell off a wheel!!! WTF???!!!

I would have to take off the bumper in order to get it towed, too low lol. That's why most of my wheels had no caps haha

showtime
05-21-2011, 07:02 PM
Shouldve never stopped and went it to that damn Burger King! FTL!

drive through?

hhaha, sorry to hear. Get her fixed up!

IVORY_G
05-21-2011, 08:31 PM
I would have to take off the bumper in order to get it towed, too low lol. That's why most of my wheels had no caps haha

LOL! Yeah but for me to take off my bumper I'd have to take off my heads & grille also!

drive through?

hhaha, sorry to hear. Get her fixed up!

The bad part is I thought about that but decided against it bcz I didnt know anything was wrong. Yeah sooner than later hopefully

Galantman03
05-21-2011, 09:18 PM
I can see the grill, but the headlights to take of the bumper?

IVORY_G
05-21-2011, 10:55 PM
I can see the grill, but the headlights to take of the bumper?

Yeah bcz my headlight's bracket is in the way...

Galantman03
05-21-2011, 11:00 PM
bracket? lol did I not install something on my conversion?

IVORY_G
05-22-2011, 11:11 AM
bracket? lol did I not install something on my conversion?

My heads were untouched as far as not being cut and modified to fit USDM. Most ppl cut some of the brackets to make it fit easier. I didnt & made it work...

Galantman03
05-22-2011, 03:39 PM
oh... i see.... yep I didn't do that...

IVORY_G
05-22-2011, 05:04 PM
oh... i see.... yep I didn't do that...

Lol!

IVORY_G
07-10-2011, 08:50 PM
Before:
http://i138.photobucket.com/albums/q260/will_nate/Project%20Album/b0eb87b0.jpg
After:
http://i138.photobucket.com/albums/q260/will_nate/Project%20Album/f89b9a00.jpg

Colormatched trunk garnish, blacked out mitsu emblem, & JDM 2nd gen tails:
http://i138.photobucket.com/albums/q260/will_nate/Project%20Album/bf0b28f2.jpg

Matte Black Fog light covers:
http://i76.photobucket.com/albums/j28/sponcar/MOD%2011/IMG_2249.jpg

greddy
07-10-2011, 09:12 PM
^sexy bitch

Galantman03
07-10-2011, 10:03 PM
Nice! madness.............

OMEGA PHX
07-10-2011, 10:28 PM
your car looks awesome on that pic of MOD

Corey2kG
07-10-2011, 10:35 PM
Fap fap fap

Skyforger
07-10-2011, 10:35 PM
Makes me want 2nd gen JDM tails even more.

Slick 8G, I love it.

beam514
07-10-2011, 10:41 PM
now give me your 8G-b taillights :)

IVORY_G
07-10-2011, 11:18 PM
Almost forgot...
http://i138.photobucket.com/albums/q260/will_nate/Project%20Album/662082b0.jpg

Gold painted front calipers... I used G2 caliper paint which I bought from R1 Concepts. Worked out great!

^sexy bitch
Thk u sir!

Nice! madness.............
Thank you :)

your car looks awesome on that pic of MOD
Thx, sponcar took the photo when I wasnt looking, Lol! I didnt even know he was there, LOL!

Fap fap fap
LOL! Someone needs some tissue... LOL!

Makes me want 2nd gen JDM tails even more.

Slick 8G, I love it.
Thx man! Yeah I really like em too. Didnt want to do 3rd gens since everyone else has already...

now give me your 8G-b taillights :)
Uhhh, we can work out a deal Im sure, but gotta recoop some of the cost of these tails @ least, LOL!

Corey2kG
07-11-2011, 12:34 AM
Lmao

beam514
07-11-2011, 01:20 AM
Almost forgot...
Uhhh, we can work out a deal Im sure, but gotta recoop some of the cost of these tails @ least, LOL!

haha yeah I was kidding. Let me know a price and I'll see if I want to upgrade from my "Transformers" taillights that you love so much LOL

IVORY_G
07-11-2011, 09:14 AM
Lmao
LOL!

haha yeah I was kidding. Let me know a price and I'll see if I want to upgrade from my "Transformers" taillights that you love so much LOL

LOL! Ok I'll txt u today

IVORY_G
09-05-2011, 07:45 PM
Installed 6K (Lows) & 3K (Fogs) HID Kit from DDM since my ONEX kit was going bad:
http://i138.photobucket.com/albums/q260/will_nate/Project%20Album/081609d4.jpg

Also put the finishing touches on this CAI I bought just recently:
http://i138.photobucket.com/albums/q260/will_nate/Project%20Album/afd7d90a.jpg

keith6110
09-05-2011, 08:00 PM
Nice, notice any differences between the hid kits? DDM is all I've ever owned so..

Engine bay looks good too man

beam514
09-05-2011, 08:23 PM
nice, did you clean up all of that HID wiring as well?

IVORY_G
09-05-2011, 08:53 PM
Nice, notice any differences between the hid kits? DDM is all I've ever owned so..

Engine bay looks good too man

Thx man, naw no difference. Im hoping I will have the same longevity as the ONEX if not better. Its definitely a better warranty tho. I had them for several years so it was about time for them to burn up.

nice, did you clean up all of that HID wiring as well?

Thx, yeah I relocated the ballasts and tried to tidy up the wires a lil more. Was a pain in the ass to do my fogs bcz I didnt have my jack, theres not alot of places to put a 2nd ballasts without stacking, and I had to trim the fog housing to accomodate all the extra wires. Took me way longer than expected...

beam514
09-05-2011, 10:02 PM
Took me way longer than expected...

just like the baby seat! lol jk. you going to the meet on 9/11?

IVORY_G
09-05-2011, 10:15 PM
just like the baby seat! lol jk. you going to the meet on 9/11?

LOL! Emerson didnt give me a time... Im supposed to get the G's balance shaft belt fixed in the AM...

beam514
09-05-2011, 11:19 PM
I think he wanted it to be a part of the Socal3G meet. 12 o'clock noon in San Pedro

IVORY_G
09-06-2011, 01:07 AM
I think he wanted it to be a part of the Socal3G meet. 12 o'clock noon in San Pedro

Oh ok IDK then

Galantman03
09-06-2011, 08:32 AM
Looks good man!

IVORY_G
09-06-2011, 10:22 AM
Looks good man!

Thx man. Only thing is now Im gettn a flicker from my driver's side fog. Is that a defect or did I do something wrong?

Galantman03
09-06-2011, 10:59 AM
Did you burn in the HIDS correctly? I know when I got mine I left them on for about 30 mins when I first turned them on. Mine flickered for about week, and then just dissapeared, and got brighter, but I have cheapo ebay ones.

IVORY_G
09-06-2011, 11:27 AM
Did you burn in the HIDS correctly? I know when I got mine I left them on for about 30 mins when I first turned them on. Mine flickered for about week, and then just dissapeared, and got brighter, but I have cheapo ebay ones.

What do you mean? I didnt know there was a process...

Galantman03
09-06-2011, 11:36 AM
you usually have to give the new HID bulbs time to break in. They call it burning in for some reason, its usually leave them on for 10 to 20 mins on the first time you turn them on. I think it just makes the bulbs last longer honestly.

IVORY_G
09-08-2011, 03:11 PM
you usually have to give the new HID bulbs time to break in. They call it burning in for some reason, its usually leave them on for 10 to 20 mins on the first time you turn them on. I think it just makes the bulbs last longer honestly.

Oh ok, wish I wouldve known that ahead of time...

Galantman03
09-08-2011, 06:10 PM
They were in the install recommendations on the new HIDS I bought.

IVORY_G
09-09-2011, 12:19 AM
They were in the install recommendations on the new HIDS I bought.

Ah ha I see, one of which I never got! Lol!

oakrdrs187
09-09-2011, 05:46 PM
DDM Tuning > VVME > Onex

IVORY_G
09-23-2011, 03:51 PM
Vibration problem finally fixed for good!!!
The Oil pump sprocket timing marks were off by 180 degrees! Drive so much smoother and faster now IMO.
My B*^%h is Back!!! LOL!

Galantman03
09-23-2011, 05:41 PM
Nice bro!

IVORY_G
09-24-2011, 09:06 AM
Thx man, I now need to install my rear sway bar, purchase a set of GR-2's (since my AGX's are done & money's tight), redo my headliner, black floor carpet, and get my extra set of door trims painted satin black.
Im still debating on whether I want to do my roof in Satin Black or Dry CF vinyl... I know either would look dope but I dont want extra attention from Cops either. Seems like it'll make me stand out more like "Look @ me! Im modified!" And since everything is not completely "legal", I dont want to give them a reason to pull me over and start writin me up.

Galantman03
09-24-2011, 09:35 AM
I personally don't like the carbon fiber vinyl, satin black vinyl would look hot, center of the hood to the hood lines, the whole roof, and then the trunk, but just the top of the trunk. Sometimes you just gotta out run them so they can't stop you lol, jk though

RedGalant2k1
09-24-2011, 09:57 AM
DDM Tuning > VVME > Onex

My HIDs are Onex and have worked very well for nearly 4 years. Far longer than many folks with the DDMs.

Thx man, I now need to install my rear sway bar, purchase a set of GR-2's (since my AGX's are done & money's tight), redo my headliner, black floor carpet, and get my extra set of door trims painted satin black.
Im still debating on whether I want to do my roof in Satin Black or Dry CF vinyl... I know either would look dope but I dont want extra attention from Cops either. Seems like it'll make me stand out more like "Look @ me! Im modified!" And since everything is not completely "legal", I dont want to give them a reason to pull me over and start writin me up.

Is it an Addco?

And you should do the headliner if dry CF!

IVORY_G
09-24-2011, 07:09 PM
I personally don't like the carbon fiber vinyl, satin black vinyl would look hot, center of the hood to the hood lines, the whole roof, and then the trunk, but just the top of the trunk. Sometimes you just gotta out run them so they can't stop you lol, jk though

LOL! I only want to do the roof, the rest is too much for my taste.

Is it an Addco?

And you should do the headliner if dry CF!

GTZ rear sway bar. It would be the Dry CF for the roof. I dont think I'd do the headliner but maybe the door trims...

IVORY_G
10-03-2011, 01:29 AM
http://i138.photobucket.com/albums/q260/will_nate/Project%20Album/8ed86345.jpg

GTZ Rear Sway Bar with Polyurethane Bushings. Thx to G-Spot ;)

IVORY_G
10-03-2011, 02:26 AM
http://i138.photobucket.com/albums/q260/will_nate/TGC/f8919cd5.jpg
http://i138.photobucket.com/albums/q260/will_nate/TGC/ae0e5826.jpg
http://i138.photobucket.com/albums/q260/will_nate/TGC/ccdbf451.jpg

RedGalant2k1
10-03-2011, 03:00 AM
So fresh and so clean!

wetamup2k3g
10-03-2011, 04:47 AM
The G is taking all kinds of shits on that VW, keep it up!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk fam!

IVORY_G
10-03-2011, 11:52 AM
So fresh and so clean!
Thx

The G is taking all kinds of shits on that VW, keep it up!!

LOL! Thx, but thats HSNIYA's new car, the one who crashed his silver 8G with JDM Facelift conversion...

wetamup2k3g
10-03-2011, 12:34 PM
Damn, I feel bad for saying it now. It does look great though homie!

IVORY_G
10-03-2011, 12:57 PM
Damn, I feel bad for saying it now. It does look great though homie!

LMAO! Thx again :D

ricky_db
10-04-2011, 10:09 PM
dam everybodys crashing their ish lol

cars lookin sexy man i want that grille!

Stewi
10-05-2011, 05:55 AM
Looks dope. Love the clean look. Looks alot like my old setup before all the CF, I kinda miss that look.

Skyforger
10-05-2011, 06:40 AM
http://i138.photobucket.com/albums/q260/will_nate/TGC/ccdbf451.jpg

O.o you wired up the tail lights to be like that?

IVORY_G
10-05-2011, 10:31 AM
dam everybodys crashing their ish lol

cars lookin sexy man i want that grille!

Yeah I know right? 2 many fallen G's, SMH. Thx man, I fell in love with the grille a while back and knew I had to have it!

Looks dope. Love the clean look. Looks alot like my old setup before all the CF, I kinda miss that look.

Thx man, yeah it does look alot alike. But your car still looks dope and much more aggressive. Being that mine is a DD, I couldnt ride around like that without catching flack from Police and Ricers all day.
I remember when you were prepping your car for paint, and you did the license plate delete. I was like "Oh shit he's gonna have it painted before I have mine done!" LOL!
I bought my bumper from RAZ_76 back in June/July of '08 with the license plate delete done and bumper primed, and thought I'd be the first with it, then you came along and squashed that dream! LOL! Then when I saw how good the grille we have looked on your, Qnz, & njjfudge's car, I had to have it!

O.o you wired up the tail lights to be like that?

Yeah, I followed all the instructions correctly I thought. All wire colors are coordinated with each other...

keith6110
10-05-2011, 10:43 AM
Pics look great man!

LOL! Thx, but thats HSNIYA's new car, the one who crashed his silver 8G with JDM Facelift conversion...

What ever happened to his G?

IVORY_G
10-10-2011, 01:15 PM
Pics look great man!

Thx Man!

What ever happened to his G?

The insurance company totaled the car and payed him a suprisingly sizeable amount, so he took it and let the car go :(
Sad to see such a beautiful car go to waste...

oakrdrs187
10-10-2011, 07:59 PM
Yeah, I followed all the instructions correctly I thought. All wire colors are coordinated with each other...

If it works for you and your ok with it then by all means.

But to me it looks like when in park mode the inner red portion is lit up too bright. The way they should be is all the red should be dim and all the red should light up for brakes.

IVORY_G
10-10-2011, 09:01 PM

But to me it looks like when in park mode the inner red portion is lit up too bright. The way they should be is all the red should be dim and all the red should light up for brakes.

Oh I see what u mean... No its even brighter when the brakes are on, along with outer portion of the lights turning on. I'll take a photo of both...

IVORY_G
10-22-2011, 08:28 PM

Running lights:
http://i138.photobucket.com/albums/q260/will_nate/Project%20Album/e1c69a9a.jpg

Brake lights:
http://i138.photobucket.com/albums/q260/will_nate/Project%20Album/d877def9.jpg

Skyforger
10-22-2011, 08:37 PM
Dude, mine don't do that. They all are lit for running lights, and brake lights. You sure the second filaments aren't blown in the stop/tail bulbs?

Check them, see if they're 7443, or 7440.

7443 are dual filament bulbs, 7440 are single. I have the feeling that's your issue.

IVORY_G
10-22-2011, 08:57 PM
Dude, mine don't do that. They all are lit for running lights, and brake lights. You sure the second filaments aren't blown in the stop/tail bulbs?

Check them, see if they're 7443, or 7440.

7443 are dual filament bulbs, 7440 are single. I have the feeling that's your issue.

IDK, but I dont think any of the filaments are blown bcz all my bulbs are brand new. I had to buy all of them when I bought the tails bcz the ones that came with them were all blown. All of these fit in the sockets also.
I think having all four lights on lit for running would be more confusing for other drivers IMO. It doesnt bother me much the way its setup right now, you can def tell the difference between my running lights and brake lights so Im content for now...

oakrdrs187
10-23-2011, 02:12 AM
Lets not start a riot about this. But in the most respectful manner, your current setup is more confusing. They look like rear fogs. If you look at your first picture the outer reds are dimmly lit or at least it looks that way. Thats is how the entire red portion should look and your second picture should be the way it is with the exception of the inner lights dimming also as you let off your brakes. Good thing you're here in cali and inspections are lenient otherwise you might fail an inspection.

E_Emerson88
10-23-2011, 04:50 AM
Good thing you're here in cali and inspections are lenient otherwise you might fail an inspection.

lmao!!! your kidding right?

Skyforger
10-23-2011, 07:30 AM
Lets not start a riot about this. But in the most respectful manner, your current setup is more confusing. They look like rear fogs. If you look at your first picture the outer reds are dimmly lit or at least it looks that way. Thats is how the entire red portion should look and your second picture should be the way it is with the exception of the inner lights dimming also as you let off your brakes. Good thing you're here in cali and inspections are lenient otherwise you might fail an inspection.

The outer portions look dimmly lit due to the lights reflecting from the middle portions. If they were actually dimmly lit, I think there would be more of an eletrical issue, and the out portions would be more noticably lit up.

I dunno why, but I just have the feeling 7440 bulbs are in the outer sockets, you can put 7440 bulbs in a dual filament 7443 socket.

wetamup2k3g
10-23-2011, 07:33 AM
Vic, his pics are misleading, you gotta look at the glare to see this, but his running lights actually are dimmer than his brake lights. His camera looks like it had a high sensitivity to compensate for the low light, so when you photograph a light source in low light, it looks deceptively bright. The only way to tell the difference between the dim and the brights is to look at the glare around the lights.

http://i1114.photobucket.com/albums/k525/wetamup2011/SettleTheScore1.jpg

Glare is small, and there's no glare at all from his outer brake lights.

http://i1114.photobucket.com/albums/k525/wetamup2011/SettleTheScore2.jpg

Glare is much larger, indicating more light, and both lights have the same amount of glare. The camera did a bad job of showing the difference. I like having both my lights dim on my JDM's, and I like having both my lights bright when I hit the brakes.

Dim running lights:
http://i1114.photobucket.com/albums/k525/wetamup2011/ed9e9381.jpg

Bright brakes:
http://i1114.photobucket.com/albums/k525/wetamup2011/bf4e40c6.jpg

Just thought I'd help clear the situation up.

Skyforger
10-23-2011, 07:40 AM
Haha, thanks for the visualization here. Backs up my post better now. lol

wetamup2k3g
10-23-2011, 07:43 AM
Haha, thanks for the visualization here. Backs up my post better now. lol

Yeah, I'm with you Chris, single filaments are in the outer sockets, duals in the inner ones.

oakrdrs187
10-23-2011, 09:43 AM
lmao!!! your kidding right?

I have never heard of anyone fail an inspection here in cali, in fact me my friends or family have never went for inspection. Only inspection I got was before a driving test for the basics. Don't mistake vehicle saftey inspection for smog check. I know we are the biggest pain in the ass for that.

oakrdrs187
10-23-2011, 09:46 AM
Vic, his pics are misleading, you gotta look at the glare to see this, but his running lights actually are dimmer than his brake lights. His camera looks like it had a high sensitivity to compensate for the low light, so when you photograph a light source in low light, it looks deceptively bright. The only way to tell the difference between the dim and the brights is to look at the glare around the lights.

http://i1114.photobucket.com/albums/k525/wetamup2011/SettleTheScore1.jpg

Glare is small, and there's no glare at all from his outer brake lights.

http://i1114.photobucket.com/albums/k525/wetamup2011/SettleTheScore2.jpg

Glare is much larger, indicating more light, and both lights have the same amount of glare. The camera did a bad job of showing the difference. I like having both my lights dim on my JDM's, and I like having both my lights bright when I hit the brakes.

Dim running lights:
http://i1114.photobucket.com/albums/k525/wetamup2011/ed9e9381.jpg

Bright brakes:
http://i1114.photobucket.com/albums/k525/wetamup2011/bf4e40c6.jpg

Just thought I'd help clear the situation up.

Ezackly what I was trying to say myself.

IVORY_G
10-23-2011, 11:10 AM
Thx for clearing that up Greg. Well @ any rate, the outers are prob single filament while the inners are dual. To me what's important is that it works and you know when I'm applying the brakes. I know I searched the info here on TGC before my install, but I don't remember where. It was a pain in the ass trying to find the all bulbs, and I had to end up going to different parts stores, because one had these while the other didn't. So at the end of the day I don't feel like messing with it anymore. Whenever the bulbs blow out, then I will go in and check everything and replace the necessary bulbs. Until then it's done, it works, end of story.

wetamup2k3g
10-23-2011, 02:36 PM
No prob, for the record I don't think your lights are unsafe or nothing, car is actually rather vicious homie!

IVORY_G
10-23-2011, 04:24 PM
No prob, for the record I don't think your lights are unsafe or nothing, car is actually rather vicious homie!

LOL! Thx man

oakrdrs187
10-23-2011, 11:15 PM

This, just a tad odd. This ride is def in my top 10 TGC.

IVORY_G
10-24-2011, 12:34 AM
This, just a tad odd. This ride is def in my top 10 TGC.

Thx man, its appreciated

IVORY_G
10-25-2011, 02:47 PM
FAWKKKK!!! A shredded tire on the freeway ripped off the tow cover on my front bumper!!!

http://tapatalk.com/mu/6c5db6ae-1242-acd6.jpg

FTMFL!

E_Emerson88
10-25-2011, 02:54 PM
did you recover it??

Galantman03
10-25-2011, 03:09 PM
dam that sucks.

IVORY_G
10-25-2011, 03:33 PM
did you recover it??

No I was on the fwy in the carpool lane...

oakrdrs187
10-25-2011, 03:44 PM
At least that's all it was.

E_Emerson88
10-25-2011, 03:44 PM
thats what the e-brake is for!!!!

IVORY_G
10-25-2011, 04:44 PM
At least that's all it was.

I know that's what I said too, but it always is something or another with this car. Soon as I get one thing fixed something else gets fucked up. I just finish fixing my starter on Sat after it having to sit for a week. SMH

thats what the e-brake is for!!!!

GTFO here! LOL! I would be posting in the graveyard section right now if I did that!

IVORY_G
11-15-2011, 08:55 PM
UPDATE:

Got a few things done that I finally got around to taking pics of...

97-01 Mirage LS manually folding power mirrors:
http://i138.photobucket.com/albums/q260/will_nate/Project%20Album/2a6888f5.jpg
http://i138.photobucket.com/albums/q260/will_nate/Project%20Album/31473d1a.jpg
http://i138.photobucket.com/albums/q260/will_nate/Project%20Album/10a37f2c.jpg
http://i138.photobucket.com/albums/q260/will_nate/Project%20Album/5c72181c.jpg

Removed most of my woodgrain pieces & got another set of interior trim pieces from the JY a lil while back and had them painted matte black also:
http://i138.photobucket.com/albums/q260/will_nate/Project%20Album/227b5781.jpg
http://i138.photobucket.com/albums/q260/will_nate/Project%20Album/54278cd3.jpg
http://i138.photobucket.com/albums/q260/will_nate/Project%20Album/b2d5d459.jpg
http://i138.photobucket.com/albums/q260/will_nate/Project%20Album/49b0eb8a.jpg
http://i138.photobucket.com/albums/q260/will_nate/Project%20Album/8f514ece.jpg
http://i138.photobucket.com/albums/q260/will_nate/Project%20Album/96c0ab49.jpg

And this is the Non-Smokers cubby pocket that I've been looking for "Forever" from Fatal1 (Thx bro!):
http://i138.photobucket.com/albums/q260/will_nate/Project%20Album/992d826a.jpg
http://i138.photobucket.com/albums/q260/will_nate/Project%20Album/f3776a11.jpg

Future Plans for the Interior:
1) Repaint my shifter bezel matte black again
2) Find a new shifter without woodgrain & remove the last piece of woodgrain on the shifter
3) Get the top part of the dash dyed black & replace black air vents with OEM tan ones
4) Black Carpet
5) Redo Sun Visors & Headliner (it's sagging again)
6) Black Leather Rear Seat
7) 10" Infinity Bass Link subwoofer for the trunk
8) New tweeters (thats why the trim is missing for the mirrors)
9) Rear Door speakers (at the bottom)
10) Install my Diamante Rear Dome Lights that I've had for almost 2 years! LOL!
11) Black Armrest
12) Black 3G Steering Wheel

That's All Folks!

finald8ta
11-15-2011, 09:07 PM
Looks great man ill keep an eye out on the tan parts for yea, I come across them all the time
Also what size speaker u plan to put in the rear doors, I been thinking about doing that too, but don't want to put the grills on it, more like inside the door hidden like the fronts
HTC EVO 4G

IVORY_G
11-15-2011, 09:08 PM
Exterior Plans:

1) Get another tow hook cover for front bumper
2) Install Hella Supertone Horns (Fatal1's)
3) Install new shocks
4) 2.5" Mandrel bend exhaust
5) Ceramic coat & Install Long tube header
6) Buy and install Cali's VIP spoiler (if GB goes thru *crosses fingers*) lol!
7) Matte Black slim rear window spoiler/visor

IVORY_G
11-15-2011, 09:09 PM
Looks great man ill keep an eye out on the tan parts for yea, I come across them all the time

HTC EVO 4G

Thx man!

E_Emerson88
11-15-2011, 09:17 PM
not gonna wrap the roof?

IVORY_G
11-15-2011, 09:20 PM
not gonna wrap the roof?

Still on the fence, IDK...

Redhaze
11-15-2011, 09:54 PM
Exterior Plans:

1) Get another tow hook cover for front bumper
2) Install Hella Supertone Horns (Fatal1's)
3) Install new shocks
4) 2.5" Mandrel bend exhaust
5) Ceramic coat & Install Long tube header
6) Buy and install Cali's VIP spoiler (if GB goes thru *crosses fingers*) lol!
7) Matte Black slim rear window spoiler/visor

Leaving the mirrors black? either way it looks good just curious.

IVORY_G
11-15-2011, 10:13 PM
Leaving the mirrors black? either way it looks good just curious.

They are staying black. These are the Mirage LS mirrors which were originally body color (silver) from the donor cars I got them from, unlike the other mirage models where they come black with black trim. I got these specifically because I wanted a completely paintable surface and to have them painted matte black to match the wheels. That way it won't get that faded scratchy black look after a while from aging.

IVORY_G
11-15-2011, 10:40 PM
Also what size speaker u plan to put in the rear doors, I been thinking about doing that too, but don't want to put the grills on it, more like inside the door hidden like the fronts
HTC EVO 4G

6.5" speakers probably

Redhaze
11-15-2011, 10:42 PM
They are staying black. These are the Mirage LS mirrors which were originally body color (silver) from the donor cars I got them from, unlike the other mirage models where they come black with black trim. I got these specifically because I wanted a completely paintable surface and to have them painted matte black to match the wheels. That way it won't get that faded scratchy black look after a while from aging.

Well you sir have a nice car. i am going to have to grab me some of those 2nd gens

stayer
11-15-2011, 10:47 PM
I like the interior. I would add the panel to the immersion print, in the same style. For example dark red wood or light walnut. It will be in harmony with your black inserts. Think about it...

stayer
11-15-2011, 10:51 PM
LOL, the inscription Galant, this in order not to forget, for a car ride? I think this is unnecessary.

IVORY_G
11-15-2011, 10:55 PM
Well you sir have a nice car. i am going to have to grab me some of those 2nd gens

Thx bro!

IVORY_G
11-15-2011, 11:01 PM
I like the interior. I would add the panel to the immersion print, in the same style. For example dark red wood or light walnut. It will be in harmony with your black inserts. Think about it...

LOL, the inscription Galant, this in order not to forget, for a car ride? I think this is unnecessary.

I had woodgrain before if you look in the past pages, I wanted a change now. I had an extra set of "GALANT" letters and decided to put them there to use up the empty space. I like it, that's all that matters to me.

stayer
11-15-2011, 11:03 PM
Yes, of course, you are the owner of a car and do what you like. You don't like the carbon on the panel?

stayer
11-15-2011, 11:15 PM
Here, for example.http://i004.radikal.ru/1012/2e/9236508627ed.jpg (http://www.radikal.ru)http://i037.radikal.ru/1012/f2/f94a30ea6730.jpg (http://www.radikal.ru)

IVORY_G
11-15-2011, 11:20 PM
Yes, of course, you are the owner of a car and do what you like. You don't like the carbon on the panel?

I'm not sure what you mean by "immersion print" or "carbon on the panel"...

stayer
11-15-2011, 11:29 PM
"immersion print" https://www.thegalantcenter.org/showthread.php?t=45827

stayer
11-15-2011, 11:36 PM
Sorry for my broken English.

IVORY_G
11-15-2011, 11:52 PM
Oh I see what you mean now, maybe in the future. I'm on the fence about doing CF it's been done so much already...

greddy
11-16-2011, 12:56 AM
^not so much, I can't think of many people who have full CF interiors other than me, cali's old car, billet's car.

Corey2kG
11-16-2011, 01:15 AM
Fap fap fap fap........White G.....fap fap fap fap........JDMness....fap. lmao very nice Will as always

IVORY_G
11-16-2011, 09:02 AM
^not so much, I can't think of many people who have full CF interiors other than me, cali's old car, billet's car.

I'm not talking in terms of just Galant's but with imports in general. It's just not as appealing to me as it used to be. I had originally thought of doing these pieces in CF that were painted black, but decided against it.

Fap fap fap fap........White G.....fap fap fap fap........JDMness....fap. lmao very nice Will as always

LOL! Thx Corey, here's a towel! Clean yourself up! LOL!

Skyforger
11-16-2011, 01:15 PM
The Mirage folding mirrors, those direct fit, or what modifications are needs for the proper fit?

IVORY_G
11-16-2011, 01:27 PM
The Mirage folding mirrors, those direct fit, or what modifications are needs for the proper fit?

Just need to drill new holes for mounting bolts and splice into existing wiring. Pretty easy.

IVORY_G
11-16-2011, 01:42 PM
Parts For Sale:
https://www.thegalantcenter.org/showthread.php?p=717282#post717282

Skyforger
11-16-2011, 03:02 PM
Just need to drill new holes for mounting bolts and splice into existing wiring. Pretty easy.

If you have a pic or diagram handy, that would be awesome.

IVORY_G
11-16-2011, 10:20 PM
If you have a pic or diagram handy, that would be awesome.

I don't actually, it's the same as installing the accord mirrors. G-Spot made a tutorial thread for both, you can check those for reference...

Corey2kG
11-17-2011, 01:00 AM
LOL! Thx Corey, here's a towel! Clean yourself up! LOL!

Gonna have to be a custom sized beach towel for this mess!!!!! lmao

IVORY_G
11-17-2011, 01:05 AM
gonna have to be a custom sized beach towel for this mess!!!!! Lmao

WTF?! Lol!

Corey2kG
11-17-2011, 01:08 AM
Just.....LMMFAO!!!!!

Skyforger
11-17-2011, 11:44 AM
I don't actually, it's the same as installing the accord mirrors. G-Spot made a tutorial thread for both, you can check those for reference...

Ah, I gotcha. Thanks! There may be a good deal on JDM mirrors in the For Sale section soon...oho.

IVORY_G
11-17-2011, 02:07 PM
Ah, I gotcha. Thanks! There may be a good deal on JDM mirrors in the For Sale section soon...oho.

No prob

IVORY_G
03-30-2012, 01:14 PM
As some of you may already know I purchased some BC Racing Coilovers from Deeznutz, and I installed them last week. Here are some pix:

https://www.thegalantcenter.org/garage_attachment.php?id=4551
http://i138.photobucket.com/albums/q260/will_nate/TGC/59f37f6a.jpg
http://i138.photobucket.com/albums/q260/will_nate/TGC/34076180.jpg

I plan to lower the front down from two finger gap to one finger gap, and raise the rear from no finger gap to either half a finger gap or one finger gap as well. Then need to get some endlinks, camber kit, an alignment, and some new tires. I should be good to go after that :)

deeznutz
03-30-2012, 01:26 PM
Dude I gotz a huge boner shit looks dope yo!

IVORY_G
03-30-2012, 02:34 PM
Dude I gotz a huge boner shit looks dope yo!

LMAO! Thx again for them bro!

OMEGA PHX
03-30-2012, 04:11 PM
As some of you may already know I purchased some BC Racing Coilovers from Deeznutz, and I installed them last week. Here are some pix:
I plan to lower the front down from two finger gap to one finger gap, and raise the rear from no finger gap to either half a finger gap or one finger gap as well. Then need to get some endlinks, camber kit, an alignment, and some new tires. I should be good to go after that :)

One finger gap all around should look perfect, I'm at 1 finger gap rear and 2 finger gap front but want to lower the front a little.

What are your dampening settings F/R? How the ride Harsh, stiff, comfy, compare to the teins and AGX you had before .

Looks Great ;)

deeznutz
03-30-2012, 04:18 PM
LMAO! Thx again for them bro!
No prob dude ;) I miss them but lucky me I gotz some tein's in the white G

One finger gap all around should look perfect, I'm at 1 finger gap rear and 2 finger gap front but want to lower the front a little.

What are your dampening settings F/R? How the ride Harsh, stiff, comfy, compare to the teins and AGX you had before .

Looks Great ;)

Those BC's are great not harsh at all best bang for your buck period! Feel "almost" the same as my tein's.

IVORY_G
03-31-2012, 02:53 AM

Looks Great ;)

Thx! I set it to 16 clicks out of 32 F&R. At that setting its kinda stiff, especially on the freeway, but handling is dope! I cant imagine wanting to go any stiffer right now, LA streets suck donkey bawls! LOL! If I was in AZ then maybe...
So I might soften it up a bit, since I was so used to the Teins/AGX's. When I had the AGX's at 4 they were still softer than these at 16 IIRC. I need to break myself in to the stiffer ride slowly lol! But overall they still ride better/ softer than I thought they would, Im sure at a lower setting they're prob really soft...

No prob dude ;) I miss them but lucky me I gotz some tein's in the white G

Those BC's are great not harsh at all best bang for your buck period! Feel "almost" the same as my tein's.

What model of Teins???

oakrdrs187
03-31-2012, 04:17 AM
New Drop looks very good. Just what the car needed.

deeznutz
03-31-2012, 09:14 AM
Thx! I set it to 16 clicks out of 32 F&R. At that setting its kinda stiff, especially on the freeway, but handling is dope! I cant imagine wanting to go any stiffer right now, LA streets suck donkey bawls! LOL! If I was in AZ then maybe...
So I might soften it up a bit, since I was so used to the Teins/AGX's. When I had the AGX's at 4 they were still softer than these at 16 IIRC. I need to break myself in to the stiffer ride slowly lol! But overall they still ride better/ softer than I thought they would, Im sure at a lower setting they're prob really soft...

What model of Teins???
Tein ss-p

indeed

IVORY_G
03-31-2012, 09:45 AM

Thx! Yeah originally my concept for the car was OEM modified, so the mild drop worked well. Then when I went all JDM and got these wheels, all that went out the window! LOL! So the extra drop was inevitable to finish up the aggressive looks.

Tein ss-p

You lucky Bastard! LOL!

IVORY_G
06-08-2012, 12:32 AM
Finally here are the pix, new ride height, tires, and camber kit:

http://i138.photobucket.com/albums/q260/will_nate/Ivory/2ac103dd.jpg
http://i138.photobucket.com/albums/q260/will_nate/Ivory/3b8f61f1.jpg
http://i138.photobucket.com/albums/q260/will_nate/Ivory/50ad45bf.jpg
http://i138.photobucket.com/albums/q260/will_nate/Ivory/126b074e.jpg
http://i138.photobucket.com/albums/q260/will_nate/Ivory/2d3df413.jpg
http://i138.photobucket.com/albums/q260/will_nate/Ivory/5ea7d3bb.jpg
http://i138.photobucket.com/albums/q260/will_nate/Ivory/30b0d38b.jpg
http://i138.photobucket.com/albums/q260/will_nate/Ivory/a1b7be25.jpg
http://i138.photobucket.com/albums/q260/will_nate/Ivory/c0f7e46d.jpg
http://i138.photobucket.com/albums/q260/will_nate/Ivory/3bbbddbb.jpg
http://i138.photobucket.com/albums/q260/will_nate/Ivory/331dfd9e.jpg
http://i138.photobucket.com/albums/q260/will_nate/Ivory/e0a95ffb.jpg
http://i138.photobucket.com/albums/q260/will_nate/Ivory/8226c3fe.jpg

IVORY_G
06-08-2012, 12:33 AM
1 Finger gap up front and no finger gap in the back ;)

stvn_mj
06-08-2012, 12:35 AM
So clean. All you need is some brembo brakes.

IVORY_G
06-08-2012, 12:51 AM
So clean. All you need is some brembo brakes.

Thx, yeah thats on the "wish list" of things I'll get one day.

stvn_mj
06-08-2012, 01:01 AM
Once that's done it will be complete unless you have any other things you want to change/add? BTW nice pickup on those BC coils I just got a set too for my sc and couldn't be happier.

IVORY_G
06-08-2012, 01:07 AM
Once that's done it will be complete unless you have any other things you want to change/add? BTW nice pickup on those BC coils I just got a set too for my sc and couldn't be happier.

For the most part, exterior wise it will be done. Thx yeah they are awesome!

dknight3
06-08-2012, 05:14 AM
sooooo sexy wow!

IVORY_G
06-08-2012, 09:01 AM
sooooo sexy wow!

:D Thx man!

Reelax
06-08-2012, 11:57 AM
looks very good at the new height w/ no more front wheel gap. great job!

IVORY_G
06-08-2012, 12:23 PM
looks very good at the new height w/ no more front wheel gap. great job!

Thx, yeah it was bugging me for a while too!