PDA

View Full Version : wrong bumper on my car?

Galanto2
05-30-2009, 08:44 PM
i cant figure it out...itz not sittin flushed wit my headlights or grill at all...cant figure out the problem but im thinkin itz not the right bumper for my car...ill post a pic up to show u how it sits on my car...
http://i92.photobucket.com/albums/l2/Azn_breaker336/Front.jpg
heres a better look at the gap
http://i92.photobucket.com/albums/l2/Azn_breaker336/Driver.jpg
the grill isnt flushed either cuz i has no clips previous owners lost all clips for both grill
http://i92.photobucket.com/albums/l2/Azn_breaker336/Passenger.jpg

Drucru22
05-30-2009, 09:17 PM
Is your Galant a 99-01 or an 02-03? Because i believe that in the 02-03 front end, there is a bracket behind the grille which mounts the part of the bumper that comes up between the two grilles.

littlerick
05-30-2009, 09:31 PM
its a 02 and 03 front end, the clips cost like 1.75 a piece from a dealer. it looks like they didnt put the front bumper on all the way

02redgalant
05-30-2009, 09:49 PM
seems like they didnt put the bracket that holds bumper to the frame

Galanto2
05-30-2009, 10:11 PM
its a 02 and 03 front end, the clips cost like 1.75 a piece from a dealer. it looks like they didnt put the front bumper on all the way

o i see itz an 03 bumper? o thankz but im plannin on gettin new grills soon dont kno wen tho

youngfab59
05-31-2009, 02:36 AM
seems like they didnt put the bracket that holds bumper to the frame

agreed. theres supposed to be a long bracket that goes under the bumper and connects from the right fender to the left fender... you might want to go to a junk yard to find these parts.. they should be an easy find.. hope it helps..

es_fact
05-31-2009, 08:26 AM
what i see is that you got the 99-01 head with an 02-03 front bumper cover... Try getting the clips for the grilles to help you hold up the bumper, and add some makeshift bracket to pull the middle portion the the rad support :)

ZigenScarface
05-31-2009, 08:58 AM
what i see is that you got the 99-01 head with an 02-03 front bumper cover... Try getting the clips for the grilles to help you hold up the bumper, and add some makeshift bracket to pull the middle portion the the rad support :)
those are 02-03 heads

Galanto2
05-31-2009, 11:27 AM
agreed. theres supposed to be a long bracket that goes under the bumper and connects from the right fender to the left fender... you might want to go to a junk yard to find these parts.. they should be an easy find.. hope it helps..

ah i see im headin out to da junkyard today wit a fren while im there imma lookin for that bracket thnx

DryBear
05-31-2009, 08:48 PM
Also, it appears to be not OEM, as it does not have the indent for the Mitsubishi logo. The grilles on the 02-03 do not connect to the bumper at all. You should be able to get grill clips at the dealership.

es_fact
05-31-2009, 10:11 PM
those are 02-03 heads

lol.. TRUE!

i honastly didn't notice the black housing...

Kyleg
06-01-2009, 03:05 AM
Screw the grill clips, how about a dictionary or a spell checker, it's not itz, I have not I has, unless you are talking about cheeseburger, which you cant has.

Shadow19
06-01-2009, 06:27 AM
Screw the grill clips, how about a dictionary or a spell checker, it's not itz, I have not I has, unless you are talking about cheeseburger, which you cant has.

Please enlighten me. What the does this have to do with his thread? The guy needs help. If you dont have anything to tell the guy that helps him out with his question dont respond. Obviously you know what he is talking about so dont be a dick. Back to the topic. It looks to me as if your bumper support is missing along with all of the clips. Let us know how it goes.

Kyleg
06-01-2009, 04:11 PM
If it was written properly, I would of taken the time to read it and see the problem and offer some advice

es_fact
06-01-2009, 11:59 PM
If it was written properly, I would of taken the time to read it and see the problem and offer some advice

It doesn't matter how perfect his grammar may be, as long as it is legible, and comprehensible we don't crucify him about it...

You could of course double check YOUR English and verify that in fact the word "would've" is a contraction for "would have" and not "would of"

I could argue that "has" instead of "have" is a much smaller grammatical error than your "would of"

Don't bother to reply if your just attempting to get your post count up, as it is much more important for you to answer with something the OP can use...

Kyleg
06-02-2009, 12:50 PM
It doesn't matter how perfect his grammar may be, as long as it is legible, and comprehensible we don't crucify him about it...

You could of course double check YOUR English and verify that in fact the word "would've" is a contraction for "would have" and not "would of"

I could argue that "has" instead of "have" is a much smaller grammatical error than your "would of"

Don't bother to reply if your just attempting to get your post count up, as it is much more important for you to answer with something the OP can use...
If I was getting my post count up, and being on here for about 2 months now, then surely I would have posted, in the off topic sections? Instead of just posting helpfull replies in most of the 8G sections and members rides section, I couldnt care less about post count, otherwise I would be posting alot more, useless info.

As for the bumper.
Did you buy it like that? If so and a dealer I would take it back and ask for it to be fixed
Was it repaired like that via insurance or out of your pocket? Take it back and tell them to fix it
Did you buy the car like that?

If it was me I would of stripped the front end down, lights out, grills out, bumper off, I would be checking that everything behind there is straight and not crumpled in, from an accident you dont know about.

Take the lights out
Take the grill out
Take the bumper off

Go to Mitsi and buy a bag full of clips for the bumper, as Mitsi clips are crap, and just snap or fall apart.
Take your time, put the bumper on, use the clips and the nuts and bolts if there any, there should be, make sure it all sits nice

Put the head lights back in, see if they fit in properly
Put grill back on, get clips if needs be

What it looks like, is someone has put the bumper on with out taking the lights out and just made a hash of it, those clips you can see in the second picture, should probably be under the lights not poking up like that

I would just start again take it all off and put it back on and see how it fits