PDA

View Full Version : question about spark plug

kamenfaiz
05-31-2009, 01:32 AM
hi, i got my hand on some used pulsar spark plug. I have been told that these wont run right on our cars, is that true? I though they are some good plug and make more horses.

peanotation
05-31-2009, 11:31 AM
its a 4cyl. you're not going to make any more horses unless they shoot nitrous into your cylinders

WarmAndSCSI
05-31-2009, 11:49 AM
Those plugs are a scam. Power doesn't come from nowhere; the stock ignition system is more than adequate to provide complete combustion.

I'm sure they show gains on some higher-HP turbocharged cars, but not a stock N/A 4-banger.

DOHCstunr
05-31-2009, 11:40 PM
spark plugs could be powered by the devil himself and its not going to change the fact that you have a restrictive MAS, catalytic converter, emissions/economy oriented tune, and a cam that breathes like a chain-smoking asthmatic.

just use oem NGK or Denso plugs. no v power, no gimmics. just OEM standard plug.

Hell, it takes 10 minutes to swap your plugs out. just change them twice a year on your stocky stock stock motor and you'll be better off than you would spending 20 bucks on a set of plugs(let alone $100)

kamenfaiz
05-31-2009, 11:48 PM
i think so too, the ngk i got should be good enough

Goku
06-01-2009, 12:30 AM
Yea, the only time you'll ever want anything better than that is if you have a V6, then you put iridiums in the rear bank.... At least you don't have to take the inlet manifold off to change your ones -_-

4-G-rim
06-01-2009, 07:02 AM
I will add to just using the same factory plugs that were installed in your motor during its initial assembly. NGK's are proven plugs..Mitsu put them in your motor...and change them 2-3 x's a year (depending how much you drive) and your motor will run just fine.

Even alot of the high HP 4G63's guys are using regular NGK copper spark plugs just with a colder burn type..and they are doing it w/o no issues. No gimmick "triple fire space age metal super combustion" spark plug. :cool:

skrap
06-01-2009, 08:44 AM
i have somthing to add to this also. I have stock oem plugs in my car and then i went and bought the ngk iridium plus. Now i did feel a diff. There was a gain. But it was soo minimal that its not worth almost 40 bucks.... I agree go with the oem. Then if you go turbo later on look into it...

03-Galant-ES
06-01-2009, 12:44 PM
i have somthing to add to this also. I have stock oem plugs in my car and then i went and bought the ngk iridium plus. Now i did feel a diff. There was a gain. But it was soo minimal that its not worth almost 40 bucks.... I agree go with the oem. Then if you go turbo later on look into it...

Umm even if he goes turbo he doesnt have to look into it and any gains you got from iridiums are because its in your head or your stock plugs were so dead that they weren't even sparking each cycle. I swapped out my coppers for ngk plats and they do their job nicely.

es_fact
06-01-2009, 12:48 PM
Now I have access to pretty much any kind and brand of spark plugs for nearly free... my buddy steals them from work.. lol

Should i consider getting expensive ones due to the fact that i'll pay the same for both or is there a chance that the others will malfunction or not perform as they should...

WarmAndSCSI
06-01-2009, 01:05 PM
Now I have access to pretty much any kind and brand of spark plugs for nearly free... my buddy steals them from work.. lol

Should i consider getting expensive ones due to the fact that i'll pay the same for both or is there a chance that the others will malfunction or not perform as they should...

No, don't fucking steal. :orangeroll:

Seriously do you not work for a living or something?

es_fact
06-01-2009, 01:09 PM
No, don't fucking steal. :orangeroll:

Seriously do you not work for a living or something?

I do work, and hard. But my buddy works a place called Canadian tire.. it's similar to pep boys.

He gets them I'll give him 10 bucks.. he need money too lol

es_fact
06-01-2009, 01:18 PM
LMAO at the rep comment :(

WarmAndSCSI
06-01-2009, 01:58 PM
Look, I found the comment very dumb and it pisses me off that people do dishonest things to work on their cars. It makes some of us who spend thousands of our own cash on our cars pretty pissed off...

Just don't talk about it. If you don't have something to describe that will bring a positive response, it's best not to share it with this forum. All I'm saying.

es_fact
06-01-2009, 02:01 PM
Ok... understood.

I have always paid in full for everything that ever went into my car, I'm just saying that i can save money.. why not....

either way.. I think I might stick with the stock ones as they seem to be the most prefered