PDA

View Full Version : Question for manybrews or whoever can help

NOSMAN7G
02-13-2003, 06:11 PM
Alright I found a 4G63 Td04 turbo jdm engine. Its AWD but it can be used for FWD right? I've asked this Question in previous post but I leave this weds for Basic. This engine should fit but with what modifications?? I found this engine and ecu for about 3G's shipped. Thanx

DJ Galant
02-16-2003, 05:38 AM
if the engine is for awd, u can still put it in (4g63t) - but of course there is a lot of other things involved in putting these engine into the 8g chasis. Check with others on the swap thogh. You cannot put the tranny for sure.
Plus if the engine is AWD that means that the ecu is for AWD too.

There is a couple more things though... You have to find out which 4g63 t engine is it. Is it EVo (and what year) or is it not?
The reason one is because Evo engines are flipped 180 clockwise just like our engines therefore there shoudn't be any problems with mopuntings. But if your engine ids non evo then you will have to get the tranny too plus the harness etc...

Good luck man. I hope that somebody will explain it for you better.
COntact Clay at galantspeed.com he will help you on that one, cause i know he is doing a swap too.....

NOSMAN7G
02-16-2003, 11:25 AM
Thanx I have a 7g not an 8g does that make any difference?? I never though about the ecu being AWD damn. I'll check w/ Clay at galantspeed. Thanx again for the info.

T.S.
02-17-2003, 11:51 AM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(DJ Galant)</div><div class='quotemain'>There is a couple more Â*things though... You have to find out which 4g63 t engine is it. Is it EVo (and what year) or is it not?
The reason one is because Evo engines are flipped 180 clockwise just like our engines therefore there shoudn't be any problems with mopuntings. But if your engine ids non evo then you will have to get the tranny too plus the harness etc...</div>

Evo 1-3 engines sit the right way for a 7g, Evo 4-7 Engines sit the right direction for an 8g