PDA

View Full Version : Windshield washer lights

im-mizn-tx
08-02-2002, 07:09 PM
I just put in some windshield washer lights, and I'm not sure where to hook them up to. I don't have a service manual with the electrical schematic. Any help is appreciated.

Fishboy55
08-02-2002, 08:53 PM
I ran the wire straight down to my fog lights and hooked them up there. So when the fogs are on so are the washer lights. It's an easy connection and an easy route if you just follow the washer hose.

Chip

mrjaydeeone
08-02-2002, 10:28 PM
mine were wired the same way...but I pulled 'em out...one of them died

firespirit
08-02-2002, 10:29 PM
I wired mine to the parking lights.

im-mizn-tx
08-02-2002, 11:03 PM
thanks all

08-03-2002, 03:57 PM
I wired mines to the blinker, so they are on when my lights are on..
My brother wired his to the other blinker cable, so they blink when teh blinkers does.

pinoyesv6
08-04-2002, 05:04 PM
i guess i did mine the hardest way haha. i ran my wires thru the hood and then thru a hole in the firewall. from there, i grounded the thing to one of the bolts that holds the dAshboard in. then i ran the wire down to where the shifter is adn popped in a switch. then i ran it back to the fuse box where i tapped for power.

Fishboy55
08-04-2002, 07:23 PM
Allan, I want to do that too and put the washer lights on the same switch with my interior neons. But I cant find a hole in the firewall. I looked from both sides. I'm gonna check with Bernard Friday night at the meet. Any help would be appreciated, man. Thanks.

Chip

pinoyesv6
08-04-2002, 07:46 PM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Fishboy55)</div><div class='quotemain'>Allan, I want to do that too and put the washer lights on the same switch with my interior neons. But I cant find a hole in the firewall. I looked from both sides. I'm gonna check with Bernard Friday night at the meet. Any help would be appreciated, man. Thanks.

Chip</div>

chip you are gonna need to extend that wire. uhm you can always drill a hole like the shop did when they installed my alarm but you car does have a hole. down where the pedals are, when the clutch pedal is supposed to be...

Fishboy55
08-05-2002, 05:40 PM
I found where the clutch would go. That hole for the clutch pedal is plugged. I was afraid to start drilling...I'm such a wuss when it comes to permanent changes to my baby. :cry:

Dilemma
08-05-2002, 06:15 PM
i wired mine to the turnsignal https://www.thegalantcenter.org/style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif

imgntht
08-18-2002, 02:56 PM
Just bought some of these LEDs for my Eclipse, but I don't want them on all the time. So I want to use the switch that they provide or some other switch. I already have my fogs wired so they turn on with the parking lights so I can't use the factory fog switch. Can I still wire them to the Parking lights as the directions suggest? Then what else do I have to do to get them to get powered by the seperate switch? The instructions are pretty poor when it comes to using the switch provided.

Would I have to just ground both black wires to a chassis ground, then run both power lines to the switch and tap it into a power source? Oh I am confused.... :?

Jason S.
1997 Eclipse GS-T
2002 Galant GTZ

Supernova
08-18-2002, 03:46 PM
Ummm, what are windshield washer lights?(pics would be appreciated)

WannaGTZ
08-18-2002, 09:06 PM
They are the lil lights that you see on the hoods of many cars. Its the windsheild wash spirer that lights up in many colors depending on which ones you get. Hope this helps http://www.thepartssource.com/windshield_w..._led_lights.htm ('http://www.thepartssource.com/windshield_washer_led_lights.htm')

Supernova
08-18-2002, 09:39 PM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(WannaGTZ)</div><div class='quotemain'>They are the lil lights that you see on the hoods of many cars. Its the windsheild wash spirer that lights up in many colors depending on which ones you get. Hope this helps http://www.thepartssource.com/windshield_washer_led_lights.htm</div>

Sweet! Are the blue ones leagle? If not, I might need to get me some.

WannaGTZ
08-18-2002, 11:32 PM
It all depends on what the state law is. I no where i live its ok to have the blue ones but i no just about 10 mins away in another city you will get pulled of for them. I get pulled over all the time for the ones that i have on my licease plate. But where i live there cool. Hope this helps Wayne