PDA

View Full Version : Replacing Fog Light Bulb,, i need help plz.

Khopari
02-13-2003, 09:26 PM
aight people i got o2 ls and today i just got my new 893 xenon bulb,, but when i go install em the black grill or the housing on the side of the fog light wont come out,, i also took the 2 screw out.. i noticed it there is a lil clip on the back which i cant get it to come out,,,, anyone has any idea i or step by step on how to do this.. cause this is driving me crazy... plz help me out,,

quicksilver22
02-13-2003, 09:29 PM
if I remember correctly, you undo the little clip thing, and rotate the bulb thing counterclockwise. I've had to replace mine too. if that doesn't help, try doing a search, or just wait for another response :thumbsup:

Fishboy55
02-14-2003, 05:43 AM
Unless the 02's are different than the 00's, you shouldn't have to remove the foglight to change the bulb. You just unscrew the bulb socket from the back. It just pushes in and turns. It's just like the sockets in your tailights. Once you have it out, you remove the bulb and replace it. Be sure not to touch the glass part of the bulbs when changing them.

Chip

SinSere
02-15-2003, 12:21 PM
I've changed mine a couple times...you have to undo the clip, kinda like the tails, but a lil different. If I remember right you have to push the top or bottom in and pull out, kinda hard. You shold be able to feel the clip with your hand or see it where its holding on. Getting the clip off is the hard part, then twist the bulb and pull straight out. I did this one time with the car not jacked up and its a real pain, the other time I did it when the dealer had it on the lift, piece of cake. Mines lowered which makes it pretty hard, so maybe jack it up so you can look and see what you're doing. Makes it easier when installing the new ones too so you don't damage your new bulbs.

Gizmo
02-15-2003, 03:06 PM
Yea I just changed my foglights ans all I did was change it from behindthe fog light assembly. I have to jack my car up first but then I just unclip the harness from behind the housing and change the bulb.

Khopari
02-15-2003, 08:06 PM
ok ty for all the info,, i had to get my head under the car with flash light,, and did it that way.. its reallly pain in ass,, it was easy sisnce my car was not lower,,

any moderator here,, plz lock this topic out,, i am done