PDA

View Full Version : Color of the Brake Calipers

KNJGalant2002
02-13-2003, 11:18 PM
Hi,
I have a titanium Grey galant. I just recently got rims and before I put the rims on I want to pain the calipers. I am undecided about which colors. Some people say stick close to the color of your car. But I want to have a blue engine bay scheme so I am undecided :? Any recommendations would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Kristy

KNJGalant2002
02-14-2003, 12:50 AM
Can a mod please move this for me? I posted this in the wrong section.
Thanks

VegasMatt
02-14-2003, 12:53 AM
Your customizing your car, I'll leave it where it is.

I think you should go with black, but blue would look good if youre touching up your engine bay with blue. Good luck.

KNJGalant2002
02-14-2003, 01:01 AM
Matt,

Do you think I should paint them blue b/c of the engine bay? I don't know if the blue would look wierd on the outside of the car?

pinoyesv6
02-14-2003, 01:03 AM
do u have a pinstrip or something on ur car that u can use as an accent color? i mean yea the blue will match the engine bay but if it doens't really matter unless u gots some blue on the outside.

Ghost Beat
02-14-2003, 01:29 AM
ya if you had something on the outside you could match the caliphers to would be nice but blue might not look too bad at all just make sure you take your time with them.

KNJGalant2002
02-14-2003, 01:39 AM
ya if you had something on the outside you could match the caliphers to would be nice but blue might not look too bad at all just make sure you take your time with them.

No I don't have anything to match the calipers. No pinstripes. It's all grey. with silver rims.

mrjaydeeone
02-14-2003, 03:01 PM
I say eiher black or silver...
I got a silver car with gunmetal rims and I did mine silver

Ed
02-14-2003, 03:16 PM
Blue because your engine bay is going to be blue.

Strahan
02-14-2003, 03:56 PM
I think this would be nice:

http://www.galants.com/temp/brakes.jpg

Hehe https://www.thegalantcenter.org/style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif

BIGMONEYDAY
02-14-2003, 04:20 PM
Personally, I think you could go with just about any color. Since your car is gray most any accent color will work. I'm almost in the same boat with my black car. The main thing you might want to consider when picking a color for your calipers, is what other colors are you using for things like engine dress and underbody neons. Since you say your going with a blue engine dress, and if you want add a bit of contrast to your outside appearence, I'd say go with blue calipers. You might even want to get some matching blue Alloyz rotor covers. But if you want a more understated and clean look, then go with the black or matching silver.

KNJGalant2002
02-14-2003, 04:36 PM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Strahan)</div><div class='quotemain'>I think this would be nice:

http://www.galants.com/temp/brakes.jpg

Hehe Â*:lol:</div>

:laughing: That's the color I've been looking for.

KNJGalant2002
02-14-2003, 04:38 PM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(BIGMONEYDAY)</div><div class='quotemain'>Personally, I think you could go with just about any color. Â*Since your car is gray most any accent color will work. Â*I'm almost in the same boat with my black car. Â*The main thing you might want to consider when picking a color for your calipers, is what other colors are you using for things like engine dress and underbody neons. Â*Since you say your going with a blue engine dress, and if you want add a bit of contrast to your outside appearence, I'd say go with blue calipers. Â*You might even want to get some matching blue Alloyz rotor covers. Â*But if you want a more understated and clean look, then go with the black or matching silver.</div>

Yea I was looking at the Blue Alloyz rotor covers. They're nice. Do they look better then just painting the calipers? If I do get an underglow it will most likely be blue.

BIGMONEYDAY
02-14-2003, 09:07 PM
Yea I was looking at the Blue Alloyz rotor covers. They're nice. Do they look better then just painting the calipers?[/quote]

Well I think the Alloyz will look better and last longer than just painting the rotor caps, since they are powder coated. I have the black ones, but i haven't installed them yet. But just by looking at them you can see that they have a nice smooth and shiney finish.

HeadAche
02-15-2003, 11:10 PM
Whenever i get my rims, im going to have my calipers and rotors powdercoated the color of the car.. to just make things look clean...