PDA

View Full Version : ECU immobilizer(common question i know)

6G72T
06-09-2009, 07:49 PM
Well, I'm down to the very few last things to do this swap. Just wondering what the guys with a 2001 ended up doing themselves. You have a couple options and I was curious with what people have done. Either swap the ECU out with the 5sp ecu from any year eclipse or
just the immobilizer for the 00 auto galant.

Steve

HondaKillerGTZ
06-09-2009, 08:07 PM
I think its gonna be easier to swap to a 00 ecu/immob. rather than swapping to a 01 5spd ecu (there are many ecu pins differences, auto have 4 plugs, 5spd have 3) Remember, you will need to match the ecu year to the immobilizer.

fatal1
06-09-2009, 10:17 PM
x2, for now it will be much simpler to just swap in the 00 ecu...when it comes time for FI or other performance mods that you need to tune things (if you so choose) then you can worry about other alternatives. although the latest versions of evoscan have the capability to tap into the 00 ecus now as well, to flash.

also i would search at junkyards for it. the dealer will cost way too much. plus you dont need it to actually run the car it is just to delete the codes since the ecus read differently so ideally you have untill its time to get inspected again before you actually "need it"

6G72T
06-13-2009, 09:08 AM
x2, for now it will be much simpler to just swap in the 00 ecu...when it comes time for FI or other performance mods that you need to tune things (if you so choose) then you can worry about other alternatives. although the latest versions of evoscan have the capability to tap into the 00 ecus now as well, to flash.

also i would search at junkyards for it. the dealer will cost way too much. plus you dont need it to actually run the car it is just to delete the codes since the ecus read differently so ideally you have untill its time to get inspected again before you actually "need it"

Ok, so just look for the 00 V6 ECU and its plug and play just that easy?

fatal1
06-13-2009, 10:57 AM
essentially. on the 00 it is 2 seperate units though. that and you would obviously have to take the immobilizer to a dealer to be mated with your key, but yes it is basically take out the old and put in the new....best bet is to just swap them yourself when you get to the dealer and have them program it. just have everything accessable so you can do it quick